JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:Eden's Quest technical issues

[Post New]by JoyWales on Mar 5, 10 4:04 AM
what a pity - this look great. But it is soo slow on my destop pc (half expected that as it is elderly). But nasty shock as it is even worse on the laptop - slow and a floating mouse cursor. Took nearly 5 mins to get over to the menu button to exit the demo.

[Post New]by joeman on Mar 5, 10 4:32 AM
not worth the time to troubleshoot the installation. Downloaded x2, 2nd time with the C++, drivers installed, still got access violation.

again, not worth the trouble. Let me know when issues are solved, and I'll try it.

cheeky fish

[Post New]by gikelke on Mar 5, 10 4:56 AM
Hi,

I downloaded Eden's Quest and everything went fine...
But when I wanted to start the game, my computer said it can't be started because of a problem with "DEP"???!!!
It tells me to contact the game manufacturers to see if there's a "DEP - compatible version"?? Can somebody tell me where to find that or what to do?
Thanks very much

[Post New]by SleepyDragon on Mar 5, 10 5:21 AM
sas24471 wrote:What is suppose to happen when you first start the game and the woman is at the dock. It just says the one conversation and I can't click or do anything. Stuck there?

I'm having exactly the same problem. Tells me to talk to the woman to find out what to do next and it won't let me click on her, so I can't move further in the game.

Edited on 03/05/2010 at 5:23:05 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 5, 10 9:38 AM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

Update! If you download the game and are prompted to update or install additional programs, for example visual C++ , Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or Direct X. These programs are probably necessary for the game to run properly, so you can go ahead and accept them.

If they weren't accepted the first time around, you can always reinstall.

(edited for space- cll1950)

bfgTigris

Had many of the same problems. Reinstalled and nothing worked until I read this post.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 file worked for me when nothing else would. Delete game, download full Net Frame 3.5, reinstall game. Answer yes to any request. Mine is now working fine. Thanks BigTigres. Good luck fishies.

Edited on 03/05/2010 at 9:41:11 AM PST

Fishbait17
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Fishbait17 on Mar 5, 10 11:11 AM
Could this be a technical issue?

So here's exactly the deal. Stuck at the Mill (where the lift is - or actually where it isn't-it hasn't returned). 24/24 pieces collected for the puzzle to end the level. No totems left anywhere (except at the Mill), also searched and found all hidden coins. I tried to speak with everyone I see, nothing responding. Went through the walkthrough and saw the only thing I haven't done is the "Does That Ring a Bell" challenge. It says to click on the totem with the red eyes to get it, but when I click on the idol with the red eyes (at the Mill, the only totem that remains), it says "I can't trigger the challenge if I don't solve all the challenges in the zone".

But when I click on the girl it says "The lift won't be back for a while. I might as well complete my Tangram straightaway". Therefore, I think it is a glitch... The messages are conflicting..

What to do?

Robin

[Post New]by sbback on Mar 5, 10 11:19 AM
Hi all

I have the same problem here. I do not know where to go to resolve this Tangram. There is no indication where to go. I'm walking around the island not knowing where to go to solve the puzzle. Anybody know how to resolve this situation?

Thanks so much

mrup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mrup on Mar 5, 10 12:24 PM
ditto for me ! same problem

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on Mar 5, 10 12:48 PM
Here it goes again, installs ok, start it up and flashing black lines across the screen. This is happening all too often with games from here. What is up? I'm running Windows 7 with updated everything and I get this same problem with games.

[Post New]by Stoneys on Mar 5, 10 2:50 PM
Fishbait17 wrote:Could this be a technical issue?

So here's exactly the deal. Stuck at the Mill (where the lift is - or actually where it isn't-it hasn't returned). 24/24 pieces collected for the puzzle to end the level. No totems left anywhere (except at the Mill), also searched and found all hidden coins. I tried to speak with everyone I see, nothing responding. Went through the walkthrough and saw the only thing I haven't done is the "Does That Ring a Bell" challenge. It says to click on the totem with the red eyes to get it, but when I click on the idol with the red eyes (at the Mill, the only totem that remains), it says "I can't trigger the challenge if I don't solve all the challenges in the zone".

But when I click on the girl it says "The lift won't be back for a while. I might as well complete my Tangram straightaway". Therefore, I think it is a glitch... The messages are conflicting..

What to do?

Robin

Same problem for me too. I don't fancy re-installing this game and going through it all again. Please help

Edited on 03/05/2010 at 2:51:36 PM PST

joseron
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by joseron on Mar 5, 10 3:33 PM
I seems I'm not alone - I can't get any furfther than Eden meeting the woman on the dockside, she just refusing to talk to her. I think I'll try uninstalling first before contacting customer services. Just when I find what looks to be a super game.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 5, 10 3:40 PM
Hi fishies,

I have some help articles and advice on page 2 of this thread if you want to check it out to see if it can get your game working.

It would be great if you could send a Dr. Felix with your Customer Support tickets so we can see what is causing problems.

All the information is in the post for you.

Thanks folks,

bfgTigris

joseron
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by joseron on Mar 5, 10 4:53 PM
Hi Frantic Freddie,

Seems like you're stuck where I am, can't get the woman to talk to Eden. Let's hope it gets sorted soon. Looks like a good game.
Best of luck.

sslay
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by sslay on Mar 5, 10 5:22 PM
Hi Guys, my name is sslay and this is my first post. I downloaded this game and play the demo fine. I have windows xp. it is a really a great game.

mrup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mrup on Mar 5, 10 7:17 PM
UPDATED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 5, 10 7:34 PM
I downloaded the game and the C++ thing began to play the game, everything was fine. I was in Chapter 2, spoke with Octavia and did the two totems, and when I pressed the arrow to go towards Palm Grove....boom....black screen. At first I thought maybe I have just finished my demo, then I noticed I could vaguely see the screen. Nothing worked, cursor, key to windows,Cntrl-Alt-Del. So I figured let me wait, trials got to be almost done...well 15 min later....nothing. You could see the harddrive was trying to do something but finally had to shut the whole thing down. I am running Win7 x64 premium with all drivers up to date and plenty of memory. There's definately something up with this game.

BlackestRose
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by BlackestRose on Mar 5, 10 10:51 PM
I can't even get the game open, it has downloaded but evey time I click on play it just loads for a few seconds then stops and you can click play again, it is the fourth game that has been brought out that I have had this problem with.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 6, 10 3:43 AM
Good grief, how bad was this BEFORE the rebuild?

It took 7 min of demo time merely to open, load, & get me to the island! It's choppy, jerky, the dialogue stutters if you let it play OR all the dialogue plays AT ONCE in an unintelligble mishmash if you try to click thru it! Unbelievably awful & this is supposed to be a REBUILD? I'd be embarrassed to submit this mess for alpha or beta, let alone as a release. The 1st thing I saw to do was a puzzle whose instructions I didn't quite get (it said light up the white squares but all the squares were either black or wood, no white at all), so I clicked the "exit" button thinking I was leaving the puzzle itself to look around & see if there was anything else I could do or if I had to find a walkthru right off the bat, & instead it exited the game. Not interested in wasting another 7 min of "playing" time to get back to where I was....which was nowhere.

Sorry, BFG....you've got a real dog here IMHO.

ETA in glancing at the walkthru, I'm not missing much & this is yet another game mislabeled as a HOG when it's an LFA!

Edited on 03/06/2010 at 3:48:56 AM PST

Suede46
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suede46 on Mar 6, 10 4:47 AM
Hello everyone,

I notice this morning that there is a game update available. If I download this update will I lose all the progress I have already made in the game? I am about half way through, according to the walkthrough.

I am enjoying this game so much, and my only problem has been that it is slow to change between scenes.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Mar 6, 10 6:49 AM
Suede46:
You don't lose your progress. I updated this morning and continued the game where I left off yesterday.

Go to: