Re:New Build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena

[Post New]by golancers on Oct 16, 08 9:10 AM
LOVED THIS GAME !!!!! Really hope BFG puts out lots more games like this one .... even though I had to restart the game with the new build when I was very close to the end, I still considered it worth it ... big time.

This is one of my all time favorites and, from what I'm reading from your customers, they agree with me.

So, please BF .... put out more games like this one (and Laura Jones ... and Natalie Brooks, etc.)

See ... we all love **** games, but we also like to use our brains alittle

THANKS !!!!!

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Oct 16, 08 10:21 AM
I will be waiting for the new build. It may let me complete the game. Currently I am getting ready to enter the Mayan Jungle when the game crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have updated my video drives, I have created a new profile. But all of this is to no avail. I get to the part where I have used the fire bow to burn down the barrier. Then when I click to advance, I get a memory access error.

Most disappointing.

But I will say, support has been very good.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 16, 08 10:38 AM
locoowl wrote:I will be waiting for the new build. It may let me complete the game. Currently I am getting ready to enter the Mayan Jungle when the game crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have updated my video drives, I have created a new profile. But all of this is to no avail. I get to the part where I have used the fire bow to burn down the barrier. Then when I click to advance, I get a memory access error.

Most disappointing.

But I will say, support has been very good.
The new build is up now

lap47
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lap47 on Oct 16, 08 3:18 PM
6:15 EDT on 10/16/2008

I've tried repeatedly to download this "new" build and when I click to play, I get an error message that reads: "File Resources.sfs has corrupted Header".

[Post New]by kyanne313 on Oct 16, 08 5:08 PM
I too am having problems with this game. Got all the way to the laser room and the screen was black so reinstalling it for the 3rd time hope it works this time or i'm done. Hate it when you get to the end and the game doesn't work.

[Post New]by puzzlefiend on Oct 17, 08 12:28 AM
lap47 wrote:6:15 EDT on 10/16/2008

I've tried repeatedly to download this "new" build and when I click to play, I get an error message that reads: "File Resources.sfs has corrupted Header".

This is exactly the problem I've been having. There must be a way of producing this game which addresses all these problems. My computer is new, so I don't think it's that. I find it maddening that I can't play the full version which I've paid for and which looks to be a really interesting game.

Big Fishies, do the right thing and announce a NEW NEW build of this game.

[Post New]by purplehaze32117 on Oct 17, 08 7:17 AM
Im so glad to hear it wasnt me i was feeling stupid thanks for all the help everyone tried to give me.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 9:30 AM
Hopefully with the number of players still having problems, they are working on a fix. I would make sure to send tech support a copy of my dxdiag file, to insure that my machine was covered.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Oct 17, 08 11:50 PM
pnk96722 wrote:Hi all you fish. Okay, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the new build but am still, like many, having trouble with the Door Panels. In reading the various posts I note that even after installing the new build, and beginning the game under a new profile which I have already done once and, as much fun as this game is, I just don't want to start over just to find there are still problems. Therefore, I think I'll wait until ALL the bugs are worked out before starting the game from the beginning again.

I have never experienced this level of trouble with BFG games and wonder what has happened there. I'm curious how this game could have been released to the public in this condition.

This forum is very effective. Is there anything we little fishies can do to help?

Look forward to the FINAL new build! Will be checking in daily!

HI Pink
I, too, have deleted and re-installed twice. I still can't get the doors to open. Can BIG FISH come up with screen shots to show us .. maybe what we are doing wrong. If we have re*downloaded (I did at the time on the email, and am still stuck) Please consider the screen shot method for us door failure folks"....

Is the a way to tell if we got the new build..a number or code somewhere in the game????

Thanks

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Oct 18, 08 1:00 AM
I'm stuck in Buckingham Palace - got a pencil as a tool but it is not finding the painting for me!

[Post New]by swansinger on Oct 18, 08 6:03 AM
not sure about a new build am just stuck! have got as far as sussing out key is hidden underground and metal detector there to find it but keeps asking for a tool to get key. Not sure if metal detector is it and i should be wiggling it in a prescribed way or if i should get a hammer or summat to crack paving stone which key is underneath - help!

[Post New]by whiteowl54 on Oct 18, 08 5:34 PM
I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still can't get past the egyptian room though I have found everything it tells me I need to find everything before I can move on....arrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Fayzel on Oct 18, 08 7:44 PM
Mine froze at the door where you have to pour hot coffee on the lock to get through, it unfroze the lock but wouldnt let me through.

Ive played it to that point three times, and I am now giving up on it because it is driving me nuts!

[Post New]by Grannycatty on Oct 18, 08 10:33 PM
Grannycat34- Will wait in great anticipation for the new rebuild. I've started this over 4 times so far and got stopped in different places each time. AND the screen keeps getting smaller.

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Oct 20, 08 8:37 AM
this is for MPCOPPER .i agree with you 100%,What a great Post .thanks

[Post New]by JAY3562 on Oct 21, 08 10:58 AM
puzzlefiend wrote:I too have been having problems. The demo played without a hitch, but as soon as I bought the game it wouldn't even start coming up with an error message 'File Resources sfs has corrupted header' . I contacted BFG, who gave me instructions to download as I am a Vista user and advising me of the new build that was available for download.

I followed the instructions to the letter, but it made no difference and I am still getting the same error message, which is a great shame because I loved the game when I played the demo.

In all fairness to BFG support, they have offered me a free game, which is great, but I am so frustrated that I can't play this particular one.

[Post New]by JAY3562 on Oct 21, 08 11:05 AM
I too played the demo version "no problems" also purchased the game as soon as I tried to open it, it stated that file resources sfs had a corrupted header. BFG said there was a new build I have tried to reinstall the game but the same warning comes up. At a loss what to do now any suggestions?

[Post New]by snooks on Oct 21, 08 12:04 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game at least 6 times. I have had, I think, every single problem that anyone has listed in the forums. The first time I installed the game I made it to the door in Japan and then it locked up and I could go no further. That was the furtherest that I've made it. After that I could not play the game because of error messages. On my install before last twice I would get to the second market area in Mexico and it would not let me out to go back to the first market area to finish up. I reinstalled again this morning and made it to where you assemble the mural in the Italy section (the step right before you pick up another rose). It told me I was ready to proceed to the next room and then locked up.

I normally do not like hidden object games. In the beginning I thought that I was really enjoying this game. Now I am so sick and tired of it that I don't want to bother anymore. I wasted a lot of time and a game credit. I am bored with the early part of the game because I have played it so many times trying to see if the game would finally work.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Oct 21, 08 12:33 PM
I had to reinstall the game twice - once because I got stuck in the maze and couldn't get anywhere, and the second time because of the doors. Then it worked perfectly, third time lucky.
On the next Samantha Swift, PLEASE could we have a save option, so people don't get fed up with having to start again from the beginning?

teapot3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by teapot3 on Oct 21, 08 12:40 PM
where do i go to get it...................

Go to: