auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Comment and Reviews for Time Riddles: The Mansion

[Post New]by auntym on Mar 16, 10 3:11 PM
I bought it but after about 3 chapters, I hated it. The story line was the most depressing and warped I have ever experienced! The hidden objects were too repetitive. Much too easy. Just a horrible game.

[Post New]by poormummy on Mar 18, 10 4:16 PM
I bought this game before trying it as it looked so promising.
I hated the very poor spelling and grammar, and when if ound the word "crap" in one of the written passages, I just gave up and deleted the whole game.
Absolute rubbish and a waste of money, a very unprofessional game.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 2, 10 5:13 PM
Add me to the list of "no buys". Most of my reasons have been stated by other reviews, but wanted to add that a game that asks for items to be found in
order, then hides jewels behind other items, I constantly found myself clicking
on something for a jewel, only to find I had clicked on a object that was
farther down my list.

A game of great potential, just badly executed.

Give me another Puppet Show, please.

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 5:16:39 PM PST

pabo1998
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pabo1998 on May 24, 10 4:06 PM
Hi, I am sorry I have asked this question once before. However, I am still curious about what the story was supposed to be about and how it ended. I could not play more than an hour of it due to the spelling and how it made no sense. So, if anyone finished it, can you tell me how it turned out?

Thanks.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Oct 25, 10 6:17 PM
I bought the game, and really enjoyed it at first, but it is so repetitive and the story is almost incomprehensible that I started feeling irritated. I may continue playing it from time to time, but it's definitely not one I'd recommend very highly.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 29, 10 9:30 PM
Wow. I have never, ever complained that one of BF's games were too long....until now. I have never wanted a game over so badly, yet was determined to finish it since I had paid for it. From the nonsensical story-line to the interminable Groundhog-day-hog-scenes, this game was excruciating. Why, oh why, developers did you have to give us the same hog scenes with the same objects over and over? I can't even bring up any good points since they were so far out weighed by the bad ones. Ick. Wish I could get my money back for just an out-and-out bad game.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Oct 30, 10 1:15 PM
tried the trial.. looked interesting purchased game..oh dear same scenes but reversed !!! boring... boring even the match three is dull

[Post New]by ladycath on Mar 13, 11 3:58 AM
From what I have read here, I have been one of the lucky ones who has had no trouble. I had been enjoying the game and loving have three separate types of game on each screen. I am a third of the the way through and suddenly no more jewel searches and no more riddles. Did the creators get tired of trying to think any more riddles up? Too hard to hide jewels? Or did they just get bored with the game part way through and decide to hurry up and finish it. If I had payed full price for this I would have been really upset. Oh, and to the designers...a little notice or warning of why we suddenly had mirrors show up on the gameboard would have been nice.

Editing my original post...Finished the game today and if you have not bought it...DON'T. The first third is interesting and has enough challenge to keep your interest. After that it is as exciting as watching paint dry and has no challenge to it at all. Only sheer stubborness kept me going, that and wanting to know what happened to the boy.
It is even more obvious by the end of the game that the designers were bored and had lost interest in this game. The end was just slapped together. Even $2.99 was too much to pay for this game.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 5:46:36 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 15, 11 12:05 PM
I started out enjoying the game for what it is, a straight HOG. But, part of that enjoyment came from finding those jewels and solving the riddles -- some of which were good and some of which were just silly and not really riddles at all. So, here I am, trying to finish the game and finding that the jewels and riddles were only there first time around. What a disappointment. I don't know if I'll finish the game or not.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Apr 15, 11 4:14 PM
This game is just OK. The story was dull. to many repeats of the same games. I found it boring after awhile and it seemed very very long.

tomboy4
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomboy4 on Jun 23, 11 5:41 PM
Can't understand why I bought this game. I'm not that fond of Hidden Object games in the first place....but basically, this game is almost all hidden object scenes..ugh!
Going to delete it right now....hope I didn't pay to much for this.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jul 2, 11 9:25 PM
Nice graphics, but too much hidden object, story moves far too slowly, and boring. People who like almost exclusively hidden objects might like this. Will not buy.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on May 27, 12 6:53 PM
I dug this game out and started replaying it. It's good for HOS scenes..teaching you to look for and observe. The puzzles were okay in the beginning but as everyone said, it gets repetitive, so I put it away..yet again.
Oh well, have plenty more games to choose from.

Go to: