Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Comments and reviews for Delaware St. John: The Seacliff Tragedy

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Mar 7, 10 7:12 PM
mountfalcon wrote:It might be good - I never tried it - an endless intro (which couldn't be speeded up), plus credits (which couldn't be speeded up or skipped) - even more talk (which couldn't be speeded up) - and I'd already lost interest. Just how stupid can developers get? They know that most people trial these games before buying, yet bore the pants off you right from the start; result - no sale. How did they ever get to Episode three?

I second all of the above words...I hated to have no control on MY screen for endless minutes, I did not even tried the game

Foxy Lady57

Mwedel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mwedel on Mar 7, 10 7:27 PM
I found a bug in it. I just got into the basement and a shadow person showed up.. then the game crashed, and an error message telling me that there was no game CD in the drive came up. I had to click ok to close the box. and the game closed all the way.

I finally found something in the park to open the lock to the house.. and it crashed... unsaved of course.

frustrating!

Do anyone know if there is a board to report bugs?

Thanks
Mikki

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Mar 7, 10 7:28 PM
I played the first two, just barely enjoyed them, I thought this one would be different, but once again I find myself walking around aimlessly in the dark.

Not going to buy it...............

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 7, 10 7:28 PM
Mwedel wrote:I found a bug in it. I just got into the basement and a shadow person showed up.. then the game crashed, and an error message telling me that there was no game CD in the drive came up. I had to click ok to close the box. and the game closed all the way.

I finally found something in the park to open the lock to the house.. and it crashed... unsaved of course.

frustrating!

Do anyone know if there is a board to report bugs?

Thanks
Mikki

There is a tech issues thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/84237.page

or:

Contact tech support via the green envelope on the right.----->>>>

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 7:29:23 PM PST

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Mar 7, 10 11:16 PM
A shame. I'm sorry, guys, it seems to have so much potential, but the navigation is so bad that I just find it confusing and not fun.

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Mar 8, 10 1:49 AM
I have to agree with everything said before me, also the language is not very pretty,

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 8, 10 2:22 AM
I also agree.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Mar 8, 10 4:44 AM
well,I guess we all agree on the diagnosis..............This dog will die a slow,agonizing ( for us) death....................Oh well, it was a mangy cur anyhow so who cares
Dr.good

Edited on 03/08/2010 at 4:46:02 AM PST

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Mar 8, 10 6:01 AM
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first two. The play area is just so large and the places you need are so small, that I would of been completely lost without a walkthrough. Still good enough that I spent extra money this month after already using my game credit earlier on. I do agree that some brightness adjustment would of been helpful.

jojo170968
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jojo170968 on Mar 8, 10 9:15 AM
What was with the credits at the start of the game. I know it must take immense time, money and effort to make these games but give yourself a pat on the back at the end of the game guys and not at the start. This gives the gamer a real will to turn off (which i did), also way too much dialogue and no option to skip it.

I probably will give it another go within the free demo but it doesn't look like one to buy.

Come on BFG there has been way too many of these mediocre games in the past weeks, pull your finger out and give us some quality for our money!

JoJo

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 8, 10 12:13 PM
Started the game at 18:22. Tutorial with Simon. Story 1 at 18:28. Credits 18:30 to 18:31. Started playing at 18:33. Need a flashlight. Have to exit at 18:35
FORGOT TO SAVE. Well I didn't know nor noticed you had to do it each time you exit.
14:43 Have to go through the whole intro, credits and description of what happened to the Seacliff Amusement Park again. 14:49 went to the truck and got flashlight. 15:02 gave up. Can't figure this one out.
Not for me.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Mar 8, 10 12:38 PM
For all those complaining about the intro's and cut scenes at the early onset, I hit the enter key and skipped the entire opening "credits". I didn't want to skip the dialogue as it actually furthers the gameplay, but if you can't stand that then none of the DSJ games are for you. They all require the listening.

I skip dialogue all the time in other games, but you can't do that in DSJ.

I didn't get near as far as I would have in other games in the demo time, but I did find the story interesting.

I hate the shadow people though. They give me the creeps when they pop up. I felt the same way about the wolf like creature in pt 1 and pt 2. They certainly add to the story though. I'm just too easily creeped out!

kopikat65
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kopikat65 on Mar 8, 10 1:55 PM
I can only get to the truck to get the flashlight then it goes black and stops responding. I am reinstalling again to see if this helps.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Mar 8, 10 2:28 PM
100thMonkey wrote:A shame. I'm sorry, guys, it seems to have so much potential, but the navigation is so bad that I just find it confusing and not fun.

I bought this game a while ago on disk. I was lost most of the time. Navigation was terrible

[Post New]by slappysquirrelri on Mar 8, 10 5:25 PM
Spent too much (*$&#() time reading credits and storyline, without the option of skipping. If I wanted to read a story, I'd read a book. Got fed up and bored and quit. Thank goodness I didn't buy this crap.

[Post New]by leequilt on Mar 8, 10 8:10 PM
very stupid game

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 8, 10 9:01 PM
I've tried playing the other two Delaware games and I need more puzzles in a game. I'm not interested in walking around exploring everything. I like the story and do not mind all the dialog. I think it's well done and interesting enough. This one looks more interesting than the other two, but unfortunately tonight I'm home alone and I was able to explore only until I came across the first shadow and that was all it took for me. I need daylight to continue! I'm a big chicken. I'll give it another chance when the sun comes out...

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Mar 8, 10 10:01 PM
Thought this looked really fun, but...took forever to get through the credits (no skipping) and lots of talk (no skipping). Then I spent 45 minutes wandering around a dark park just trying to find one thing to click on. No such luck. Un-installed it. I know there are lots of people who enjoy this type of game, but i'm looking for a GAME - not a headache!

[Post New]by Betty_hines on Mar 8, 10 10:27 PM
Not sure whether I want to play this demo as reviews are not very good...and to think there are 7 more coming out on this series!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Mar 9, 10 12:10 AM
I'd like to add one remark about the long intro:

The "Delaware St. John" series was created as a series of 'normal' games to be sold in stores (or directly from the webpage). Thus it was never build to present its best during the 1 hour trial you get on Big Fish Games.

Long intros aren't all that uncommon among adventures on the whole. You need a bit of time to get into the story, after all. And there's quite some older adventures (I played "The Seacliff Tragedy" at least one or two years ago) where you can't skip the intro at all.

Go to: