Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:The Treasures of Mystery Island

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 21, 08 7:58 AM
Downloaded the demo and, well, I loved it so much I could not resist. Hi, I'm Poodlebear, and I'm a gameaholic. Yep, I bought it at full price and I *never* do that. Two nights of TMs in a row and I'm jonesin' this bad for an HO/puzzler... *shakes head*

Anyway, *super* game, and since I just paid full price it will prolly be here tomorrow, so y'all can thank me.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 21, 08 8:05 AM
emma2449, first make sure that you uninstall or delete anything that did get downloaded. Then, try the download at Playfirst to see if that one will download and play ok for you. Good Luck

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Oct 21, 08 8:06 AM
Normally when a new game comes out at Alawar, it takes a few weeks until it shows up at , like Magic Encyclopedia ... I am sure we will get it but it might takes a while .... I want it too and I will be waiting ....

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 21, 08 8:34 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Downloaded the demo and, well, I loved it so much I could not resist. Hi, I'm Poodlebear, and I'm a gameaholic. Yep, I bought it at full price and I *never* do that. Two nights of TMs in a row and I'm jonesin' this bad for an HO/puzzler... *shakes head*

Anyway, *super* game, and since I just paid full price it will prolly be here tomorrow, so y'all can thank me.

Thanks you for taking one for the team Poodlebear! I hope it gets here soon.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 21, 08 2:02 PM
Magic Encyclopedia was an Exclusive at Alawar and I think it took 4-6 weeks before it came to BFG. This game does not have the exclusive label so maybe it will get here sooner. ...i hope!!

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 21, 08 2:31 PM
I played the demo from Alawar - thanks dva - and loved it. Now, it's a waiting game until gets it....in the between time I have my other Octoberfest games to play, so I can be patient... for awhile.

GeeBee

Gikian97
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Gikian97 on Oct 21, 08 2:37 PM
so, where's the tresure?

Aquapeg98
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Aquapeg98 on Oct 21, 08 2:38 PM
what mystry r you talking about???

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 21, 08 2:42 PM
Hi. This is a new game - The Treasures of Mystery Island - and the one-hour demo is available at either Alawar or Playfirst.
...Many of us have played the demo and are hoping we get it here at BFG soon.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 22, 08 12:45 AM
HA! Told ya! That's what I get for being an impatient greeeedy poodle and wanting it NOW, so I gave full price to Alawar *last night* *DOH*! Ah, well, great game, enjoy all.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 22, 08 1:25 AM
Ok, so just finished it up and my duration when I went back into the game was abt. 4 hours something and this last bit only took me about 15-20 more minutes. I do watch all the cut scenes so that adds time, but I also use hints and did so pretty frequently on this one as some things are hidden really well, so that sped things up rather than if I'd kept hunting.

So, imo, great game, things well hidden, challenging puzzles, nice clear graphics (tho on the main guy we could use a little blur ) decent duration, no timer, unlimited hints that "refill" to use. No hints for puzzles tho and no skips.

Poodlebear approved!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 22, 08 1:29 AM
cesse47 wrote:That "ooogly" part is disappointing. We OBs sure do enjoy a little eye candy now and then. LOL

I mean seeeeriously ooogly. But driving me a bit nuts, looks like some celebrity I can't place. After he was severely pummeled with the ugly stick that is. Yeah, pretty is definitly better when I'm gonna be looking at a character for several hours.

msblueyes
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by msblueyes on Oct 22, 08 3:48 AM
I'm glad there is a demo on another site because BF had the game this morning but there was no demo. You just had to buy it. I wonder why other sites have a 60 min demo to play for these large file games but BF doesn't

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 22, 08 4:37 AM
msblueyes, It may be what is delivered to them from the developer. It's possible that BFG doesn't have control over it. I've noticed that another site offers one-hour demo's of the Nancy Drew games but no other site does. Just a guess on my part, thought. Happy Gaming

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 22, 08 5:08 AM
cesse47 wrote:msblueyes, It may be what is delivered to them from the developer. It's possible that BFG doesn't have control over it. I've noticed that another site offers one-hour demo's of the Nancy Drew games but no other site does. Just a guess on my part, thought. Happy Gaming

BF has a 1 hour demo for ND Blackmoor Manor.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 22, 08 7:18 AM
emma2449 wrote:i have tried to download this from alawar onto my computer and my lap top.
the computer instals okay but then when i come to play it a message comes up saying problems and switches off
the lap top just wont let me down load at all
any help out there for a frustrated HO gamer.
the computer is Vista and the laptop windows xp
other wise might not be able to down load when it comes onto bigfish:0)

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 22, 08 7:20 AM
The same thing happened to me when I bought this game from Alawar. I was unable to open the game which ever way I tried. I contactedAlawar and all they did was send me an automated message saying try to load again. Nothing, nada, zilch. Despite requests for a refund, I have eard nothing further from them. Take my advice, stick with Big Fish Games, dont touch Alawar with a barge pole!!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 22, 08 8:40 AM
juliamadeane wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:HA! Told ya! That's what I get for being an impatient greeeedy poodle and wanting it NOW, so I gave full price to Alawar *last night* *DOH*! Ah, well, great game, enjoy all.

Oh my -- the first thing I said this morning when I saw what tomorrow's game is going to be was "Thank You Poodlebear!!" Now -- about those lottery numbers . . .

LOL- that's right! Thanks Poodlebear! You and I are now even, since I bought ME the day before it came to BFG LOL

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bfogc on Oct 22, 08 9:03 AM
This game is hard,but what a GREAT GAME!It's alot more than a typical Hidden Object game because you have to use your brains.

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Oct 22, 08 9:56 AM
After reading all the excited posts -- I'm down heartened!

Can't get it to load. Everytime it gets to 2% it repeats and won't finish. What's up with that?

Then, I go to My Account Purchase History & it's not there either. Is there a glitch I haven't read about yet?

Go to: