VimsenGrr
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by VimsenGrr on Mar 11, 10 7:39 AM
I've had problems downloading this like most other people since this morning, but I tried again now, and they seem to have fixed the problem. So if you are one of those who's had problems, try again now.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 7:41 AM
will try again. did you trash attempted dl and start new or just hit try again?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 7:48 AM
woooohoooohoooooooooo

VimsenGrr
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VimsenGrr on Mar 11, 10 7:52 AM
bella81762 wrote:will try again. did you trash attempted dl and start new or just hit try again?

I hit "try again"

Bevcat07
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bevcat07 on Mar 11, 10 8:48 AM
Hey Guys: Hang in there the 3rd time was the charm. would not download so I tried, tried again

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 11, 10 8:49 AM
Hi fishies,

There was a download issue for Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition from 12:00 a.m. to about 7:30 a.m. due to a server being down. It has been fixed and you should now be able to download your game.We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks for your patience,

bfgTigris

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 11, 10 9:23 AM
downloading now yay

ketorax
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ketorax on Mar 11, 10 9:35 AM
What a great game!
My game dowloaded perfectly first time. I played 12 minutes and bought it. I wasn't going to buy the CE, but this game is too good to wait for. I am loving every minute so far.
Warnings: I've noticed a few fishies that have an objection to magic and pentagrams, if you are one of them you should probably give this game a miss. For the arachnophobics, there is also a HUGE spider

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Mar 11, 10 11:22 AM
Excellent game. Got to chapter 6 in the 60 minute demo. Does anyone know how many chapters are in this game? Lots of movement, which I love, and hint button charges fast. Mini games are challanging but managed to get thru without skipping. Like to buy but just wandering how long this game is.

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Mar 11, 10 11:27 AM
DL now without any problems got to go shopping but will play when i get back cant wait looks great.

[Post New]by debport on Mar 11, 10 11:54 AM
Hi all Just finished the demo and I loved it. Just the kind of thing I like. Plenty of puzzles ,objects to find and place , gems and magic and tinkly magic sound effects (ooer|!). The only thing stopping me from buying it is the length. It looks a bit short and I usually like at least 6 hours gameplay. Lovely game though!

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Mar 11, 10 1:49 PM
Just posted on the issue of NOT letting some buy so want go into that here.

I LOVE the game I am a total HOG, IHOG or FROG gamer it depends on what you like. It has been such a dry month for me UNTIL this game came out WOW
I was jumping up and down but had to try it and form my own opinion after reading the forum on what everyone was saying and of course the technical issues.

Finally I am happy with a game this month OOO YEAH BABE imagine me singing that but then again don't I can't sing LOL

Depends on what YOU like personally as for game genre's everyone is different that is what makes the world go round. Outstanding game loved everything about it and I have gone for the CE, I have NO idea how some people get through so many chapters in such a short time hmm, DO you stop to smell the rose's?
INQUIRING JEANNIE'S WANT TO KNOW LOL

I so took my time on the demo and was only through 2 chapters, hey I want to get my money's worth no hurry up's here. Lot's of things to read and always afraid I will miss something took my time in each scene it is never about how fast YOU finish to me it is about how WELL you play the game.

Happy Gaming fishes and I so hope to see some more of this genre coming out this month PRETTY PLEASE (please don't make me sing that to you) !!!!! Bring on the GAMES I have credit's burning a whole in my pocket.

[Post New]by yanna999 on Mar 12, 10 12:34 AM
Hello everyone.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition with Explorer 8 and the game was downloaded quickly. Everything is fine. No errors.
And it seems to be a great game!
I hope you all find solution with the problem....

knorthup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by knorthup on Mar 12, 10 6:45 AM
I bought the CE edition, have only done that once before with Dire Grove, but so far I am not sorry I bought it. I have played through the whole regular game, the bonus scene (which had several hidden object scenes and puzzles) and now have a golden rose and am on the first screen of apparently going through the game again on hard mode with different items to look for. I did not play it continuously, but it took me most of the day yesterday and then some this morning to get this far, so I am happy with the length as it still indicates I have more to play. The regular game had 12 chapters, there were some doors I never did open (ie at the bottom of the well) so am hoping they will let me go there on this new hard level. I like games where you have to figure out where to go next, and I enjoyed looking for the 20 morphing hidden objects throughout the game, like Dire Grove had.

One of the (minor) things I didn't like was that the pictures that show you what you are looking for are not the same color as the actual object. For example an object that is white or red on the item list may be gray in the actual picture. Small gripe, and once I figured out to look for shape and not color I was ok. I also thought I would not be very interested in the extra wallpaper, music and concept art included in the CE - still not sure about the music, thought the concept art was interesting to look through once, and surprised myself by downloading the castle scene for my current wallpaper. Haven't read through the stories yet, three versions of Sleeping Beauty by classic authors.

Still would much prefer my games at $6.99 or less, but this is a good one.

knorthup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by knorthup on Mar 12, 10 7:00 AM
Quick PS to what I just posted - realized on hard mode I am going through the game again looking for the same objects, not different ones as I said before, but now on hard mode where I apparently have NO HINTS which is actually good for me because if don't get impatient and keep looking I can usually find the items. Also I have a new golden rose in my inventory which I am hoping will get me into the door at the bottom of the well! We will see..... I don't mind playing the game again, it was fun the first time and is still fun and more challenging without hints.

[Post New]by bigags on Mar 12, 10 8:51 AM
downloaded easyily but when I tried to buy it says game dosn`t exist

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Mar 12, 10 9:24 PM
It downloaded for me, but it won't start. I uninstalled it 2 days ago and reinstalled today. Still the same problem.

mewon
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by mewon on Mar 12, 10 11:58 PM
I am confused... At the end of Dark Parables... (after the second run through with the golden rose), the princess implies that we are to have another adventure to find the frog prince.... I only found the frog statue and the mention about ' the prince's brother', by the statement about the prince kissing the princess, etc...... (in the bonus material)... Did I miss a step somewhere? Or is there to be a sequel to this game? Or could you tell me why finding the frog prince was mentioned?
Just confused... Thanks

[Post New]by aytenme on Mar 13, 10 10:20 AM
Too pity!! I played this game trial time 60 min. I liked it so much, purchased... and then I've got a problem The game not starting! It happened to me for the 2 time since I'm with BF. Does anybody know the problem? Very disappointed with this error

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Mar 13, 10 10:24 AM
I'M SORRY............................BUT, 19.95 ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to: