bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 6:24 AM
quoting myself,,,,trying to see if maybe its the demo thats the problem...here is my quote of me "since i am going to buy anyway i am tempted to go ahead and buy and see if its just the demo that is the problem. opinions, i know cs will fix so not worried about losing money "

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 11, 10 6:33 AM
bella81762 wrote:quoting myself,,,,trying to see if maybe its the demo thats the problem...here is my quote of me "since i am going to buy anyway i am tempted to go ahead and buy and see if its just the demo that is the problem. opinions, i know cs will fix so not worried about losing money "

If you can't get try it ..you can't buy it !!! ..

asquared
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by asquared on Mar 11, 10 6:33 AM
Add me to the list of people who can't download the trial. I keep getting "error downloading". I know I'm connected to the internet because if I wasn't, I wouldn't be able to post this.

[Post New]by mellyg1957 on Mar 11, 10 6:39 AM
Please help..... I have been trying all morning to download this game.I have downloaded tons of games in the past few years and this will not download... I did go to the help section and tried all the answers..Still no game and I would really like to play this game.
Will there be a fix soon?
Thanks,Melly.

Skwaw
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Skwaw on Mar 11, 10 6:43 AM
Running on XP.
Download error, as everybody else.

Waiting on BF to fix it.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 11, 10 6:45 AM
Good Grief ...This is Ridiculous ....!!!!

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on Mar 11, 10 6:46 AM
Running Windows 7, brand new computer and I can't download either.

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 6:46:32 AM PST

xeexee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by xeexee on Mar 11, 10 6:54 AM
Had the same problem downloading the file, it started fine than it says download interupted. It has never happen to me before, was so looking forward to try the game too

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Mar 11, 10 7:03 AM
I get the same Error Downloading, with the suggestions that I may not be online or have firewall blocking, etc. At the same time I could easily download the Potion Bar and Kindergarten WHILE the Error message kept reappearing over and over for this game. SO, its obviously NOT my connection/settings etc, like the bfg client suggests. It's ONLY this game that can't download, so the fault must be on the game site or in the game download file itself.

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 7:04:48 AM PST

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on Mar 11, 10 7:10 AM
It seems to have downloaded and installed, however, it doesn't come up in full screen. Half of the game screen is not visable!

[Post New]by jibsail1 on Mar 11, 10 7:31 AM
Same problem. I checked firewalls, and they both will allow the bfg download client so don't know what the problem is with this game Dark Parables. I hope BF gets it resolved cause I did buy the game (should have tried it first I guess), and would like to play the game. Any clues as to why some can dl and others can't?

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Mar 11, 10 7:38 AM
dimajo wrote:Have also problems downloading this game, won t start downloading and i get the message error downloading. Have windows XP, this never happened to me and i have about 50 games i bought at BF.

Same here! I have Vista and normally don't have problems with downloading.

shastac2

VimsenGrr
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VimsenGrr on Mar 11, 10 7:40 AM
I've had problems downloading this like most other people since this morning, but I tried again now, and they seem to have fixed the problem. So if you are one of those who's had problems, try again now.

m_j619
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by m_j619 on Mar 11, 10 7:42 AM
Just wanted to say that after trying to d/l all morning, the game is finally d/l. Not sure what the problem was/is, but maybe give it another shot. good luck to all,

MJ

[Post New]by renatemunro on Mar 11, 10 7:43 AM
I had no trouble downloading (Vista, older computer) and no trouble playing either. I was very excited to play but - this is one of the shortest games I've ever played. It took me just over 3 hours to finish (including the bonus section)! I've been playing for several years but I didn't think I was THAT good. I would recommend fishies try the demo to see how far they get first (12 chapters) before spending $20 on this game (although it was enjoyable for the time I played).

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 11, 10 7:44 AM
yeeeeahhhh finally thanks vimsun

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 11, 10 7:52 AM
WooHoo! - It is downloading after trying all morning!!!

Phew! - Next time I won't buy before trying the trial...

[Post New]by parkview on Mar 11, 10 8:35 AM
I had the same problem this morning. I waited about two hours and tried it again, IT WORKED. YEAH. I really don't know what went wrong. Maybe the server was overloaded. So far the game is very good.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 11, 10 8:40 AM
Hi fishies,

There was a download issue for Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition from 12:00 a.m. to about 7:30 a.m. due to a server being down. It has been fixed. If you were having trouble, you should now be able to download your game. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks for your patience,

bfgTigris

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 8:51:07 AM PST

[Post New]by akame29 on Mar 11, 10 8:54 AM
I downloaded the trial version and played for a half of an hour, Then it said something about color being changed to basic and when it did that it moved the game screen to the right side of my computer screen and I was not able to see or access the whole game screen! Unfortunately I had to restart my computer to uninstall the rest of the game, as it said game was still running! I am running windows vistas.

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 9:02:52 AM PST

Go to: