sorcha1970
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Dead Island Game problems

[Post New]by sorcha1970 on Mar 23, 10 10:16 AM
During the puzzle where you are to follow the man through the maze, the game began to display black boxes.
There are times when the main character would go to the end of a line and you can not get him to turn around.

Re:Post any It's all about masks technical issues here only

[Post New]by oakndale on Mar 23, 10 6:14 PM
Played the game twice and got frozen out on the screen to hand out the
mask at the end of the game. Will never know who did it or why they did
it. I really hate that.

[Post New]by RoseDragonstar on Mar 28, 10 11:33 PM
findlaybears wrote:I didn't have any issues or problems with this game until after I installed an update for it today (which I now regret installing). Now, the game won't even start. All I get is an error message that says:

Error: Unsupported videocard.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game but nothing works. All my drivers are updated. I have Windows Vista.

Did anyone else have this problem?

I've just downloaded it for the first time today and am getting the Videocard error??

Any suggestions from anyone yet??

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 11:34:45 PM PST

solara
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by solara on Mar 29, 10 8:37 AM
It would be nice to have a reply from as to what it could be. Why have this thread if we can't get any answers. I do not believe my video card needs updating as I just purchased this computer It does have Windows 7. Maybe we will get a reply soon. I guess not enough fishies have posted this problem for to look into it.

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Mar 29, 10 2:08 PM
The game skipped the Dead Island part and is now stuck on the delivery of the masks. I have xp is that the problem. I have deleted and load twice. The first time was in the first scene. I haven't stated over yet.

[Post New]by soundgrumpy on Mar 30, 10 11:20 AM
Masanders wrote:I have good news!!! I went back into the game and it went to the (frozen) part where Mr. Cunning is supposed to hand out the masks. If you have Mr. Cunning highlighted in yellow, give him the correct mask. The game will proceed from suspect to suspect while he explains what happened during his investigation. The game is NOT frozen; it is waiting for you to take the correct step.

I was able to complete the game. (I feel rather foolish that I didn't figure it out before now, but I guess it's better late than never.) I hope this helps anyone who thinks their game is frozen at the "handing out the masks" point.

Thanks for the tip.......however....I have created 4 profiles and when I get to handing out the masks and Ms Rachael is highlited in yellow there is no mask for her. Hence I can't finish the game

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 30, 10 11:45 AM
Hi fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and let folks know that if you're experiencing issues, it's possible it could be a problem with the game, but it is possible that there could be a video card compatibility issue. We ask that if you're experiencing display issues that you double check that you meet the minimum requirements for the game and that you double check that your display drivers and direct x are up to date. Here is a help article with more information. Unable to Play Downloadable Game

System Requirements for It's All About Masks:

* CPU: 1.0 GHz
* RAM: 512 MB
* DirectX: 9.0
* Hard Drive: 77 MB

If you're still having trouble, please contact Technical Support so they can assist you more and look for trends that may be affecting game play.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Edited on 03/30/2010 at 11:45:43 AM PST

jata
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by jata on Mar 31, 10 6:24 AM
downloaded several times, videocard error was corrected, only get half screen, list does not come up. went different profile, finished 1st cabin clicked on box capt come up blank screen, is there is an update for game, i haven't received. games looks like fun, but i haven't been able to enjoy.

Post any It's all about masks technical issues here only

[Post New]by sassywenchone on Mar 31, 10 9:35 AM
I completed Masks with no issues and started through it again under a new profile. Just found and downoaded the update for Masks. Now I get the start page, hit play and get a screen with a deck of cards that says Menu and I go back to the start page. What was the "fix" supposed to fix? I can't play it at all now.

pacaz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by pacaz on Apr 3, 10 4:47 AM
Since the update I it sent me back to the matching keys puzzle and then when complete put me back into the boat scene. There is no list to look for there and in fact the map has been disabled so I am stuck their. How disappointing as the game was fun until then, now it feels like it is just hanging unfinished.

Edited on 04/03/2010 at 4:48:31 AM PST

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

Post any It's all about masks technical issues here only

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Apr 6, 10 8:54 PM
I have this screen also when I started to play again tonight, after I clicked Start. I noticed this screen is for the 'Map', I seen it in the walkthru picture at the begining, but there is no mention of the Map button or anything on what to do with it. Has there been an answer to this screen, and what do we do??? Hope someone is still reading these for this game, and can post quickly. Thanks.
sassywenchone wrote:I completed Masks with no issues and started through it again under a new profile. Just found and downoaded the update for Masks. Now I get the start page, hit play and get a screen with a deck of cards that says Menu and I go back to the start page. What was the "fix" supposed to fix? I can't play it at all now.

[Post New]by jefflowrey on Mar 8, 11 11:37 AM
The Mac version of this game is complete garbage.

It resizes the screen behind the covers, and so it moves all of your other windows around. Many BigFish Mac games do this, and it's really annoying.

This game also only gives you two options for background music volume "LOUD" and "LOUDER STILL".

There's a lovely little slider to adjust the volume of the background music, that does not actually make any changes other than to switch between "LOUD" and "LOUDER STILL".

It also claims that any changes to any of the options require a restart.

Setting the slider for music volume all the way to the left and then restarting the game only causes the music volume to be at "LOUD" volume.

I didn't even play a full minute of this game, and will not give it another chance.

You should be testing these things in quality control, BFG.

[Post New]by JuliLaw on Mar 18, 11 12:19 AM
I'm unable to get the sound off. I took the sliders to the left as far as they would go...it said restart required, and the sound is still there. This is Mac version.

[Post New]by JuliLaw on Mar 18, 11 12:20 AM
Yeah, the resizing of all the windows against my will is pretty annoying. It doesn't happen with every game, but most of them.

jefflowrey wrote:The Mac version of this game is complete garbage.

It resizes the screen behind the covers, and so it moves all of your other windows around. Many BigFish Mac games do this, and it's really annoying.

This game also only gives you two options for background music volume "LOUD" and "LOUDER STILL".

There's a lovely little slider to adjust the volume of the background music, that does not actually make any changes other than to switch between "LOUD" and "LOUDER STILL".

It also claims that any changes to any of the options require a restart.

Setting the slider for music volume all the way to the left and then restarting the game only causes the music volume to be at "LOUD" volume.

I didn't even play a full minute of this game, and will not give it another chance.

You should be testing these things in quality control, BFG.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Mar 18, 11 9:13 AM
played the demo 5 mins. and the game froze twice when the box came up when they are speaking. No words in box either. Had to Ctrl Alt delete twice then gave up. got error message: video card not supported even though computer is up to date. game not worth playing if it's having problems this early. too bad, might have been a decent game.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jul 20, 11 11:31 PM
I'm enjoying this game (love the graphics), but it won't allow me to use HINTand offered SOLVE with two puzzles but not all.
I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 11:33:11 PM PST

nlcmw
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by nlcmw on Nov 2, 11 3:30 AM
Part 7, the final ****, there is a lock that I can't find and the hint freezes so I can't use it. Does anyone know where the LOCK can be located?

nlcmw
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by nlcmw on Nov 2, 11 3:39 AM
The final hos finally defrosted! The LOCK is located on the floor to the right of the chair....it's very hard to see. Like everyone else this game froze quite a bit and I did get several DirectX errors when opening the game.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 8, 12 1:45 PM
The game would not start, or to be more accurate, all I had was a black screen. I am using Windows 7.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 8, 12 4:37 PM
Hi roaming,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Go to: