Re:Your comments and reviews for 2 Tasty

[Post New]by glitzbyirene on Mar 26, 10 8:51 PM
Can anyone please help me? I had uninstalled and reinstalled as instructed (more than 5 times), each time I had played up to Level 20 (completed two shops) but am not able to get past the progress block. I am getting really frustrated and am losing patience. I like the game as I had liked Gourmania, for the beautiful graphics. Please fix the game BF!

sooyong
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sooyong on Mar 26, 10 10:23 PM
glitzbyirene wrote:Can anyone please help me? I had uninstalled and reinstalled as instructed (more than 5 times), each time I had played up to Level 20 (completed two shops) but am not able to get past the progress block. I am getting really frustrated and am losing patience. I like the game as I had liked Gourmania, for the beautiful graphics. Please fix the game BF!

seems like you have to buy "shaker" first from the store before you have to enter the third shop.

NEPAT
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by NEPAT on Apr 14, 10 11:30 PM
Didn't finish the demo = got to level 4 as expert = found game to be quite boring....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Apr 15, 10 10:58 PM
I purchased this game also . I love all the yummy looking dishes. I actually used some of the recipes in the book. They were yummmy!. Unfortuanlelty I have not finished the game. I lost interest after I bougt it. Arcade games tend to have this effect on me, but I still like the challenges of helping cutomers. I think when it gets hard I get stressed for real! lol . I give this one 3 stars.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 28, 10 8:17 AM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

I thought this was a cute game. I played the relaxed mode so I didn't have to worry about any kind of timer since I hate games that make me feel pressured. The fact that the ingredients kept jumping around helped keep the game from becoming too boring - although if you don't like hunting the same items down time after time, that's not going to be much help.

The storyline was cute but a little slow so I'm left intrigued but not 100% sure I care enough to buy the game and find out how it ends. Overall, I think this I'll put this on my "Strongly Consider" list. I'll probably buy it sometime but won't be in a rush to do so.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 20, 10 10:59 PM
TnTexas wrote:The following comments are based solely on the demo:

I thought this was a cute game. I played the relaxed mode so I didn't have to worry about any kind of timer since I hate games that make me feel pressured. The fact that the ingredients kept jumping around helped keep the game from becoming too boring - although if you don't like hunting the same items down time after time, that's not going to be much help.

The storyline was cute but a little slow so I'm left intrigued but not 100% sure I care enough to buy the game and find out how it ends. Overall, I think this I'll put this on my "Strongly Consider" list. I'll probably buy it sometime but won't be in a rush to do so.

Sometimes your first impressions of a game right, and sometimes they're very, very wrong. I went on to play the entire game and my opinion of it changed quite drastically. By the end, I was just glad it was over. And if I had known how it was going to end ,,,,,,,,,,

Anyway, here are my updated, full-informed opinions:

the Pros:
- the graphics were eye-pleasing and fun
- the repositioning of the ingredients was limiting so once you'd played the first level in each store, you pretty much had their positions memorized
- the timer was optional so you didn't have to stress yourself out if you didn't want to

the Cons:
- extremely repetitive after awhile since it was the same basic game play throughout all of the levels - all you did the entire time was hunt for ingredients and prepare them
- the supplies were completely disorganized - there was no rhyme or reason to how they were stored - this wasn't too big of a problem at first; but as the number of screens per store increased, it became a bit problematic
- the storyline - the only reason I was persevering to the end - drug on forever and then had an abrupt, very unsatisfying ending - boo hiss!

My Overall Impression: As I indicated in my first review, I liked this game for the first hour or so, but I got very tired of it after that and was just glad to see it finally end. If I had known it ended the way it did, I would have quit playing it long before I reached the halfway point.

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 10:59:56 PM PST

[Post New]by agraci on Sep 11, 10 8:43 AM
So, okay I bought this game, because it sounded kind of fun. It was fun, but I have a love/hate relationship with it. To me, it was a very easy game, not alot of difficulty, and the cut scenes were a bit annoying and the recipes I was given some did not match what it said it was supposed to be! But for a simple HOG it was fun, just not challenging enough. It was worth buying.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 17, 10 4:49 PM
Boring Boring Boring

MYsQisHy
Clownfish
Clownfish
935 Posts

[Post New]by MYsQisHy on Aug 19, 11 11:35 PM
Did not enjoy this game
If you want a dull boring game to put you to sleep well u may be in luck

Aamaretto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Aamaretto on Aug 20, 11 10:24 AM
I just gave this game a try for the free hour, and I enjoyed it. I'm still a newbie here, so I've only ever tried one other game like it, and that was Gourmania 3. It was very similar, with some better features and worse features.

Some of the names of items, I wasn't sure of (such as "demitasse" - apparently that means coffee cup ), and there was no "hint" feature. The "SOS" feature would finish your order for you, and there would be little sparklies going from where the object was, but it didn't show you the object. I'd have to wait for it to respawn and go, "OHHH. That's what 'basil' looks like in this game."

The story was very cute, and I like that you get a little more of it each level. Of course I haven't seen the ending, so I don't know if I'll like the whole thing.

Not bad. I enjoyed it. I will probably buy it eventually.

jap01
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Your comments and reviews for 2 Tasty

[Post New]by jap01 on Oct 7, 11 5:31 AM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

What do you think of 2 Tasty? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 10/07/2011 at 5:32:10 AM PST

wooka
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by wooka on Dec 27, 11 10:04 AM
For those waiting for a sequel for Tasty 2 (well, including me!),
I found that a new Tasty 2 is already available out there.

The producer of Tasty 2- Maximize Games released 2Tasty Too - l'amour à Paris.

It looks like the love story is going to continue and hopefully
there won't be any glitch this time! (For a cook, It was disappinting that Tasty 2 had
some recipes mixed up!)

What I am wondering though is that is this title going to be released
at BFG and if it is, when is it going to be?

[Post New]by MarisaMick on Mar 10, 13 12:19 AM
orlandomiki wrote:I beta tested this game and loved it...Have been waiting for months for BF to get it....Imagine how happy I was when I turned on the computer this morning...

This game is very similar to Go Go Gourmet....Whether you like to cook or not it is a fun game....It can get very aggravating when you get on the higher levels but still fun and well worth the money..

Kind of a cross between TM and ****......

Give it a try and have fun gaming.....

[Post New]by tomteboda on Apr 2, 13 3:35 PM
I really enjoy 2 Tasty. Its a nice break from whatever I'm doing. The trick is to memorize where everything is, because it doesn't really change from level to level within a restaurant, except halfway through. I think the story is adorable, and kind of unique; plus it set up for the next game.

Go to: