thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Alice in Wonderland

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 19, 10 8:32 AM
Diana_Mc wrote:Is the default for this game "Welcome Rachael" ?

That kind of freaked me out. It's bad enough when they have MY name in there but who's Rachael?

If you read, at least, the very first few lines of dialogue; you will understand that the entire game is based on the fact that "Rachael" has purchased the house this story takes place in. That is the reason "Rachael" is the default player: she is the one who is exploring the old house she just bought.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Mar 19, 10 9:02 AM
Excellent game Great graphics. Very catchy. When the trial ended I wanted to finish. Difficulty of the gameplay varied.

Now for the pixelly cut scenes. I think it was to infer a change, time maybe, reality vs not ??. I know that in the animated novels my daughter reads, this technique was used in several instances. I did get the insinuation that this had a bit of an anime taste to it LOL.... So I guess that is why... Maybe the game artist had previously delved in that area LOL

The one looping weird music was totally in tune with how I felt the first time I saw Alice the musical at my high school years ago. The theater group must have been smoking something LMAO ...... That musical WHEW!!! There was glow in the dark paint and black lights all over the place after Alice went into wonderland. I do have to say, that was one production I slipped out the back on LOL.... Went home early .....May have been a good musical but too much of a trip for one who doesn't 'trip' lol

Recapping, Great game....

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 9:03:17 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 19, 10 9:12 AM
An interesting game. I did not get very far though. I stopped after I got the list of lantern parts to find. I almost quit at the Spot the Differences game (don't like them). For me the graphics are just a little too fuzzy and I do not enjoy the extra effort needed to see things (especially in the STDs). The lightning was also an issue with me, not only are the graphics a little fuzzy but the lightning also gave me a headache.

I like the game play and the story. I might enjoy this game except for the previously mentioned issues. I did not find it difficult, just painful.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Mar 19, 10 9:16 AM
I guess I'm in the minority also, as I thought it was great. I was in Ch. 5 when demo time ran out. Must admit, the flashing lightening is a pain, along with the Chestershire Cat (wanted to rip smile off face ), but along the way, all that stops. Will be a buy for me.

[Post New]by busymisslizzie on Mar 19, 10 9:17 AM
absolute rubbish I got stuck trying to build the boat and the hints did nothing woulldn't take this game even if it were free

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Mar 19, 10 9:33 AM
I had to stop playing because the lightning effect drove me crazy.

[Post New]by salem274 on Mar 19, 10 10:12 AM
Although the graphics were beautiful, to buy this game is not money well spent. After the free trial was up I purchased this game only to find out 15 minutes later I had beat it. What a waste of a game credit..

[Post New]by porambo707 on Mar 19, 10 10:33 AM
Feeling very luke warm about this game. I think I really set myself up thinking that it was going to be more like Briar Rose or Dire Grove style which would have been GREAT!

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Mar 19, 10 10:33 AM
Very disappointed. Graphics are beautiful, however item finding and story line is choppy. The lightening in the first two chapters that I tried, is extremely annoying, There does not seem to be a smooth rhythem between the tasks in scenes. The music in chapter two very repetitive and aso annoying. I stopped after locating the cat and feeding him the fish. Just could not get past the music and the choppiness. This could be a beautiful game. The developers, in my opinion, need to go back to the drawing board and work on the lightening issue, the music, and the flow of the game, including the dialogue between scenes and tasks. Again very choppy and abrupt.

jojo170968
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jojo170968 on Mar 19, 10 11:31 AM
Just downloaded the free trial and the graphics are gorgeous, the storyline a bit samey....what is it with having to save children all the time!?! Played for 30 minutes and found it ultimately boring and have now deleted it.

I'm sure it's going to appeal to a wide range of people but not one for me.

JoJo

bast
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bast on Mar 19, 10 11:35 AM
I was really looking forward to this game but had to close it out after a constant frustration. The game was so dark I couldn't find the objects except by constantly clicking my mouse and it kept switching back and forth between rooms. I would go to click and the shoes walking would immediately take me to another room. After several frustrating times like above, I quit. My patience is short for these problems. If I could just see the objects, I probably would have stayed with it.

Probably an okay game if the above problems didn't persist.

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Mar 19, 10 11:50 AM
Another minority opinion here. Love the game and a buy for me. No tech problems and makes me smile. Up to chapter 5 and skiped the mini games in the demo hour. I didn't realise what or where the lightening was initially and love the sound of thunder so hope that balances some of those comments previously. i don't think its fair to expect every game to be like Briar Rose, Penny Dreadful etc. This game has great graphics, characters, scenes and I enjoy the story too. Thanks Big Fish for providing us all with variety, entertainment and a lot less space on my hard drive

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Mar 19, 10 12:06 PM
The graphics/colors/clarity on the screens telling you your current level are so bright and crisp---then the level starts and everything goes foggy, low level pictures. Maybe it was kept that way for those with older systems and less power in graphics processing, but for someone with a newer (last 2 years) machine it seems like a wasted opportunity for a great game.

got2play
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by got2play on Mar 19, 10 1:09 PM
This game was a huge disappointment to me and after about 20 minutes I was actually feeling agitated and stressed out - either the lightening or horrible music, graphics or all three combined, I don't know but I didn't like it at all.

The story of Alice in Wonderland is weird and magical and wonderful and could have made an amazing game - I was hoping for something with the look of Drawn: The Painted Tower to it - now THAT would have been something........

Thumbs down

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 19, 10 2:02 PM
I didn't care for this game. Part of the reason was the constant flashing lightning. That was really distracting and as one of you already mentioned, lightning doesn't flash that often in real life. Otherwise, it just didn't grab my interest the way some other games do.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 19, 10 2:37 PM
No disappointment here as I was not expecting anything. That being said, it's a no-go for me. It's not a bad game but it's not good either, something is off, I don't know what exactly. I just don't care for it I guess. There's much better to spend money on.
Sorry.

daisimai
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by daisimai on Mar 19, 10 2:44 PM
Apart from the "spot the difference" puzzles, not a bad game. Made it into chapter 8 in the demo, so looks a bit short.

However, as much as I hate "spot the difference" they are even worse when the two sides are not exact. I don't mind flips like they did here, kind of helps get over the pain of having to do them, but when you have one picture showing more than the other, you don't know what the difference is and what is poor design.

No buy, just for that reason.

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Mar 19, 10 3:11 PM
I have mixed feelings about this game. The graphics were beautiful for the most part, the storyline was interesting. The lightning flashes I found a little annoying, but they didn't cause me headaches (but I know they could for some people).

The puzzles were much too repetitive. I liked that the hidden objects were integrated into the scenes, but I found there was too much reliance on items being overly dark and camouflaged.

Still, it was a fun couple of hours. Perhaps not the best game I've bought here, but it was enjoyable.

Prissi
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Prissi on Mar 19, 10 3:40 PM
Overall, a disappointing game. Too bad, especially since the graphics are first rate. I mean, I would have bought the collector's version of it just for the artwork, if it had been offered as a collector's edition. If Big Fish could have this level of design all its games, I'm sure there would be many happy fishes in the pond. However, the game play itself is unimaginative, and that's being kind. So much potential and so little delivered. Sigh.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Mar 19, 10 4:25 PM
I can't even give a proper review of this game.

The lightning was very annoying and the music didn't help. As someone else said it made me agitated and after seven minutes I had enough and bailed. Not buying this. Maybe if the lightning were every minute or two instead of every five seconds I would have given it a shot.

Go to: