Re:Post any Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Mar 27, 10 7:43 AM
I downloaded this game to my PC (XP service pack 2) and was told my trial time had expired. I hadn't even started to play the game. I downloaded to my laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) and got an access violation when I tried to run the game. I've uninstalled the game from both machines. I guess I won't be buying this one.

[Post New]by Dee_VA on Mar 27, 10 7:56 AM
Got to Spain and have received this error - Access Violation at 0x005062E2 (tried to read 0x0000001C) program terminated. I see I'm not the only one to get this error yet I don't see a fix for it. Either fix the program or refund the game credit that was used for it. My pc is up to date on all drivers.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Mar 27, 10 8:06 AM
Dear Big Fish Moderator,

This game won't download for me. Am having the same problem that Coronagold said he/she is having. I've tried over and over to download. No success. (I own 43 other Big Fish Games, so other this is a new problem for me.) So many others like the game. It sounds like something I would want to buy. With the Spring Fever sale on now, it would be great to buy it at the sale pricet. But if I do buy it and am NEVER able to get it downloaded, will I be able to replace it with another game?

Classicaljazz

global20
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by global20 on Mar 27, 10 5:27 PM
I downloaded the demo played for a little while then when I tried to play again it wouldn't load.

Sheria
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Sheria on Mar 28, 10 11:14 AM
Windows Vista - game downloaded and installed. but whenever I try to play it, the game loads and "appears" to be running, but keeps minimizing so that I can't see it. Only way to "quit" is to use task manager since I can't see the game on screen, just a bar for it on the task bar. I've not had this problem with any other games.

[Post New]by unfortunate on Mar 28, 10 1:35 PM
bronte311 wrote:My game crashed at the very end--just after "to be continued". It didn't really make a difference since I was done playing anyway, but it did kind of ruin the satisfying "end of game" feeling! I'm using Windows Vista...

Same here. Black screen (with game cursor) right after "to be continued" on Vista. The only command I could get to work was ctrl-alt-delete to get back to Windows. Then I could see the crash error, click okay, and windows shut the game down.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Mar 28, 10 6:34 PM
Unfortunately I bought this game after the trial and i'm stuck in the castle level because it won't let me pick up the two tranquilizer darts in the chest. Have closed game and restarted to no avail.

[Post New]by cleo1945 on Mar 29, 10 11:16 AM
Can someone please help me get the blue tape on the pipes, tried everything but it just won't work have shut done and restarted several times but it still won't work.

[Post New]by mmueller on Mar 29, 10 9:06 PM
ndl7753 wrote:3 times now I have downloaded the game and can not get past the scene in the apt. were you put the paper(academic journal) under the door and then use the ice pick on the lock. Nothing is working...can I get a game credit back to use on a game that will work? This is so annoying...I don't know how to correct.

[Post New]by hawkcrew2000 on Mar 29, 10 9:24 PM
sissylu419 wrote:I've been playing BF games for several years without any problems. I purchased this game and played for about 4 hours, then crash! Blue screen of death! Now I can't even play 5 minutes without it crashing. This is the second game in a week that has crashed my computer. Done all the updates, Dr. Felix, the whole shebang...still nothing. What's going on?

This is the same thing that happens to me. "Blue screen of death!"

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 29, 10 9:44 PM
cleo1945 wrote:Can someone please help me get the blue tape on the pipes, tried everything but it just won't work have shut done and restarted several times but it still won't work.

You first have to click on the train console, in order to trigger the game to allow you to put the tape on the breaks.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 29, 10 9:45 PM
hawkcrew2000 wrote:
sissylu419 wrote:I've been playing BF games for several years without any problems. I purchased this game and played for about 4 hours, then crash! Blue screen of death! Now I can't even play 5 minutes without it crashing. This is the second game in a week that has crashed my computer. Done all the updates, Dr. Felix, the whole shebang...still nothing. What's going on?

This is the same thing that happens to me. "Blue screen of death!"

This game froze my computer several times, and the only thing I could do was turn off the power and start everything up again. I finally made sure that I had nothing else open at the same time (check your task manager by pressing control-alt-delete) and I was able to finish the game. The game seems to be a real memory hog.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Mar 31, 10 3:30 PM
Numerous Access Violation Errors here too.
They froze the screen, causing me to have to reboot. With 12 gigs ram, definitely for me it's not a memory size issue. All drivers up-to-date & running Win 7 Ultimate.
Bummer... great game otherwise.
( I'm a bit fed up with all the tech glitches with BFG games lately.)

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 31, 10 4:04 PM
Hi fishies,

If you are getting the Access Violation error you may need to adjust your firewall settings. Here is a help article that will show you how Access Violation

If you are experiencing a black screen, freezing or a 'glitchy' game you made need to update your video card drivers or Direct X.
Help My Games Run Correctly
is a great help article for this.

BinLA is right, you may also want to make sure that there aren't multiple programs running at one time.

You can also contact our Technical Support Team by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page. They will do their best to help you out.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

oct2447
Stingray
Stingray
5,937 Posts

[Post New]by oct2447 on Apr 1, 10 7:09 PM
Running SSLLLOOOOOWWW! The game ran fine during the demo, but after I bought it and installed it, I can't even play it as it is so slow! I can tap on a key to find something, move the cursor, go to menu....etc as much as 20 times. I eventually have to hit Ctr/Alt/Del to get out of the game..........and yes I disabled my Aero's setting and have Basic as the default. Help!

Daring55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Daring55 on Apr 2, 10 8:33 PM
I LOVE this game, but am stuck near the end. I'm in the Oceanarium, but can't get upstairs to the refreshment area. The walkthrough says to click on the stairs. Well, I have clicked and clicked on several places on the stairs, but nothing happens. Can anyone help, please?

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Apr 4, 10 10:29 AM
My game crashed at the point where the red sensors are going across. Went to open the drawer there and it froze. I had to ctr/alt/delete to get out. I really really don't want to start all the way over. I will get a credit before I do that. I was really enjoying the game.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 4, 10 11:27 PM
Make sure you have no other programs running at the same time as the game other than the game manager. My game froze a few times before I realized that. It starts again a little before where you left off because it only autosaves at certain points, but you won't have to start all over again from the beginning.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Apr 5, 10 9:42 PM
i was trying to drop the journal and use the ice pick to get the key to get thru the door and it would not let me drop either of them or use them. i had problems up to here trying to pick things up. took several trys before i couldget it and used a hint once to get what i was trying to get and could not.

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Linochka on Apr 12, 10 11:09 AM
bronte311 wrote:My game crashed at the very end--just after "to be continued". It didn't really make a difference since I was done playing anyway, but it did kind of ruin the satisfying "end of game" feeling! I'm using Windows Vista...

It's not Vista's issue,I have the same problem,XP sp3 in the last second of the game access violation error,and crash.

Edited on 04/12/2010 at 11:10:06 AM PST

Go to: