TMK16
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TMK16 on Oct 18, 16 12:19 AM
I cannot get past Level 7. It seems that I missed an opportunity to pick up a silver bar when placing the bellows in the smeltery, and now I cannot make the necessary seal. When I've tried to use the Hint button, I've repeatedly seen a message telling me to "move along" in every available location. I'm anticipating having to restart the game, but wanted to report the glitch. Operating system Mac OS X 10.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 18, 16 10:55 AM
@TMK16
Don't start over, as I think this is just a case of a misunderstanding with the strategy guide, which can happen as they are not always clear.
The silver bar is in the forge, on the anvil in the zoomed in area where the dwarf is standing. Not in the smeltery.

When you have the silver bar, and you have placed the mould in the rectangular spot on the front of the smelting snake, as well as placed bellows in the correct bit of the smelting machine (click on the stacked coils of the snake for zoom in area), and finally pressed the bellows; then you can place the silver bar in the same place where you placed the bellows (click on snake coils to zoom in and then place bar on the little holder, which is hanging over the flames on the left hand side of the zoom in scene).
Zoom out and press the levers, then take the silver seal.

This is how you make all the seals with different metals. When you have the stones that correspond with each seal, you can then take them to the dwarf so that he can combine them into the finished version.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Editi

[Post New]by sazoria on Oct 18, 16 11:13 AM
Catherinen wrote:Cannot get the levers to move after placing the mold, and cannot place the bellows in chapter 7 (I think it is) next to the stone snake, to make the seal needed to advance. I really love this game series... Is there a newer update yet?

There seems to be some general confusion about where things need to go in relation to the snake smelting machine.

In order to make a seal you need to follow this process:
1. Place the mold in the rectangle inset in front of the snake.

2.Then place the bellows. This is where the problem seems to be. The place where you place them is in a zoomed in area that you get when you click on the top of the stack of round coils that makes up the snake. Place the bellows in this scene, in the bottom left hand corner, and then click on them to stoke the flames.

3.Still in the zoom in scene, place whatever metal you are trying to make a seal from, (i.e gold coins, silver bar, azurite crown or bronze plate) in the little holder that is suspended over the flames on the left hand side of the scene.

4.Zoom out and press the lever and the seal should be created in the mold for you to collect.

Voila, lots of lovely seals, although remember they need to be upgraded with stones later on.

Evemaja
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Evemaja on Oct 22, 16 3:12 AM
I have trouble making my mouse pointer stay where I want it to and click where I want it to; it seems to stray. I don't know how to correct this. Can you help?

[Post New]by TheatrEduc8r on Oct 22, 16 5:37 PM
In the Bonus Game, I'm supposed to be able to move in closer on the incense holder to start a mini-game, but it won't zoom in. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well as closing and reopening Game Manager.
What do I need to do?
Thank you.

[Post New]by yogasis on Oct 23, 16 2:06 PM
Once again I got sucked into buying a defective game on this site. The stained glass window in chapter 2 will NOT enlarge to show the whole window where the keyhole is. It stays in the top right corner where the broken glass is. I'm using Windows 10 and have a hp pavilion 64 bit quad core processor. I see it is a common problem with this game and can only deduce that the game was not fully tested for release OR it is still in beta test and you are getting people to pay for the priviledge of testing the game for you.
I have purchased quite a few games here over the years and I'm seriously thinking about no longer using this site. It is unacceptable to entice people into paying for a product that will not work and borders on fraud as there should be a warning if there are unresolved issues. Buyer beware !

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 23, 16 4:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to report your experiences with this game here. It sounds like there is some trouble while playing Windows 10 and with certain scenes not zooming in as expected to allow interaction. I'm sorry this is happening. When technical issues occur, the Forum Moderation Team generally recommends trying some preliminary troubleshooting steps that match the issue from our Help Pages.

If you are having trouble with a part of the game not zooming in properly, the following page could assist with that:

Run Game as Administrator

If you are using Windows 10 and are seeing this issue, the following page has more troubleshooting steps that may assist:

Windows 10

And, if you are using a Mac computer, the following page has some general troubleshooting steps that could help out:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your time and patience, and I hope that helps out,

bfgIlinalta

TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by datadoc9 on Oct 24, 16 5:58 PM
Can't access the chapel keyhole regardless of what I try. Have replayed the game from the beginning and still can't move past this point. I briefly saw the keyhole when I first clicked on the chapel door. The view will not move out no matter what I try.

[Post New]by Ashely_Lam on Nov 7, 16 9:55 PM
I am stuck in Chapter 4, could not zoom in the palace lobby (K), please help

[Post New]by farishawk on Nov 8, 16 11:42 AM
I am unable to get hidden objects to come up on the Chapel door in chapter 5, so I can get the astrolabe. Anyone else having this problem?

katielu88
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Thief and the Tinderbox Collector's Editio

[Post New]by katielu88 on Nov 15, 16 5:38 AM
merry49 wrote:Having an issue by the eidelweiss flowers where the guide says to use the brush 3x and then the strong net appears. My cursor changes to the magnifying glass when I mouse over the wall, but if I click on it or try using the brush, nothing happens. Not sure if it's a glitch or I'm just clicking in the wrong spot. Running Windows 10.

Having the same issue won't let me look closer so I can't get the net to get the rope I need

[Post New]by datadoc9 on Nov 20, 16 3:16 PM
I still cannot get past the stained glass window. I was contacted by tech services. I followed their instructions to run as administrator. I ran the Dr. Felix diagnostic software and sent the file to the tech guy. It's still not fixed. Please solve this!!!

[Post New]by The_Viking on Nov 27, 16 9:16 PM
I tried playing the game for the first time today, and the cinema right before Chapter 1 starts, where the detective is getting her information from the recording, shows as a black screen. The audio plays and my mouse cursor is visible as well as the skip button and subtitles at the bottom of the screen. The video that's supposed to be playing is just black, however.

Oddly enough, the opening cinema where the character puts on the gloves and runs around setting the forest on fire plays just fine.

I'm running Mac OS 10.9.5. I've already updated Adobe Flash and Shockwave, and I've already tried adjusting my screen resolution size as well as playing the game in full screen and windowed mode. Nothing has worked.

If there's anything else I can do to get the video working, I'd appreciate knowing. I love the Dark Parables series and if I can get this one working, I'm going to buy it.

[Post New]by randres89 on Nov 28, 16 11:38 PM
hi i dont know if anyone else is having this issue but the first video where you're listening to the tape recorder and being updated on the situation is black screen but has the subtitles and all sounds but i see just a black screen and have no idea whats going on aside from what the sounds and voice says. thats a constant no matter how many times i played the game or even looked at the videos in the Extras menu.

also, im stuck half way through the bonus game where you place the cog into the giant hand to access the temple. it worked the first time i played the game but the second time i get the magnifying glass as a cursor but it will not zoom in for me to do the puzzle. and if i hit Hint it says i should move on to something else. nor does the map say i have something to do in the location yet i have the needed item to do the puzzle.

i've exited the game closed the game manager, restarted my mac, and none of the issues are being fixed. so i dont think its my computer....but rather the game. im not sure whats going on and hopefully this will help get it fixed?

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Nov 30, 16 4:51 AM
I don't know if anybody else has had this problem (haven't read the backlog), but this game takes a long time to validate. I've been sitting here for more than 15 minutes waiting for an authorisation dialog box so the game can install. This is too long and it isn't the first time I've had this problem with games in the Dark Parables series. I've enjoyed other games in the series, but I don't think I'll be buying any more.

[Post New]by countrygal083 on Dec 27, 16 2:37 PM
In the bonus game, I should be able to place the cog in the hand to start a mini-game. I'm supposed to be going to the end of the world.

Everything else is done when I looked at the guide, and I can't do anything else now. I can't zoom in on the hand with the magnifie glass, or place the cog in it at all, and everywhere else it tells me to move along.

I'm running Window's 7 on a desktop computer.

[Post New]by syldya on Dec 28, 16 3:01 AM
im having issue at the royal balcony. I cant examine and put the gargoyle for the puzzle. I stuck at this balcony and unsure what should i do now.

[Post New]by Fionhun on Jan 1, 17 10:46 AM
I cannot access the game on the wall in Chapter 5 and therefore cannot progress. I am using Windows 10.

scaring
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scaring on Jan 16, 17 11:17 PM
I got stuck trying to get through the gate. I see there is a fix for this, but can not get the update and I followed the directions to the letter. I am signed in, I went to options/download/search for updates and get nothing. Now what do I do?

Unable to click on the Snake and King plaque in Chapter 2

[Post New]by isharaine on Feb 6, 17 1:22 AM
I have both pieces and i just started playing today but i am unable to click on the wall plaque even if I have both pieces. What should i do?

Go to: