Emma's Diary

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

Re:Emma's Diary

[Post New]by looloo123 on Oct 14, 08 8:27 PM
hmmm interesting point! also why was her name on the paper in the beginning of madam fate? did anyone provide info as to where the circus was at?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 14, 08 9:57 PM
I don't remember a location being mentioned for the circus.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 15, 08 5:54 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
prpldva wrote:Re: entry 20-

What's creepy is that she supposedly wrote that entry before she died. How did she know we would come to help? Is her ability to see into the future the link to Madame Fate?

No, that entry says TODAY as the date and the picture is her as a ghost. I blieve it is her message from beyond, not that she wrote it before being killed:

Entry #20 – Today
My Only Hope
I have watched you move about
this dark place for some time now,
inspecting various items around the
house. You carry what remains of
my diary!
We were both lost
long ago and you must listen, for I
have little time!

I have been trapped here for so
long and you are my only hope
to break free of this horrible
place. Please listen and do as I
say before HE returns!

HE keeps me in the cellar, but
you must look beyond the brick
and mortar.

The last locked door requires
seven skeleton keys which are
hidden throughout the house.

Without your help, I can never
go home.

- Emma Ravenhearst

It is her imploring you, the detective, from beyond the grave to solve the last puzzle and release her.

Ahhh. thanks Poodlebear, I missed that.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Oct 16, 08 5:57 PM
Can we have this moved to the Ravenhearst are so we don't keep on losing it?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 5:12 AM
To keep Emma from getting cranky........

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 3:16 PM
But why Toledo? Where was Emma from originally? Is it Significant?

[Post New]by incrediblyviolet on Oct 17, 08 3:49 PM
Emma was from Iowa

I found the bus at the entrance with Toledo on the destination light - hadn't paid much attention to it the first time I played it.

Don't remember the paper.....must go back and look....

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 17, 08 4:20 PM
I strongly think, at this point, there is no real indication there is a connection between the Carnival and Ravenhearst. At the end of Madame Fate she states that the evil that was coming to do her in is doing so because it followed you there. Madame Fate was going to reveal something about what happed, or was going to happen, at Ravenhearst, as she was doing her fortune teller thing for you, the detective. There are 8 (I think) cards on the table and she has only been able to turn 3 of them (a spy glass, a raven and a rose) when the evil spirit Charles(?) kills her to stop her from revealing more.

Now I *think* somewhere it was stated there is a newpaper at the carnival from 1954? Madame Fate definitly looks old eniough to have been a young woman in 1895 (though when she foretells of her sons demise she says, "I can always have more"?), but from the dialog in Madame Fate there is nothing to indicate a connection.

This could well change though, as they need to make the new story work, the "sequel syndrome" of manipulation of facts already presented.

[Post New]by incrediblyviolet on Oct 17, 08 5:01 PM
The newspaper is in the ticket booth

It announces the first 4 minute mile which occured in England in 1954

[Post New]by Witt1611 on Oct 22, 08 9:53 AM
I cant remember and could be mistaken, but doesn't Madame Fate mention something about "rose" in the last part of the game? After I finished Ravenhearst the first time and we found Emma I always wondered what became of Rose? The game never mentions her again, unless my memory fails.

I cant help but also wonder (being the conspiracy theorist I am) if Rose and Charles were "together" on driving Emma crazy? That would explain why her dairy says things like, "Rose Claims" or "Rose says". But, I am unsure of a motive on that one and that wouldnt explain why Charles had an "Emma shine" in his basement. I do believe that we will see in Return that Rose wasnt the kind friend to Emma that we think she was. I could be wrong...but we'll have to wait and see and I hope we dont have to wait to awful long!!

Edited on 10/22/2008 at 10:23:29 AM PST

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Oct 22, 08 10:01 AM
Rose isn't mentioned again, although I had wondered if one of the voices was hers.

I haven't played Madame Fate through yet, so can't comment on that yet.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 22, 08 10:45 AM
The image of a rose shows up in Madame's crystal ball after she dies...

[Post New]by Witt1611 on Oct 22, 08 11:21 AM
eleanor1183 wrote:The image of a rose shows up in Madame's crystal ball after she dies...

Yes, thank you. I knew it was something along those lines. It has been sometime since I have played the game. I do believe my questions will be answered in RTR.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Oct 22, 08 4:12 PM
Hey
I just finished M. Fate
1.At the end who is the guy yelling about M.Fate stealing "Rose my first true love"?
2. And why does the queen call or did we? And then we say that we already know. that we have to go the ravenhurst.
3.I could have sworn when you go to collect the keys for the celler at the end .
I thought he said something like"thats not yours" Maybe??
4. How do you go back and check this stuff out without starting the game over???
I didn't even know about this game and the others a week ago.
Also how do you do screen shots? I know what it is but not how to do it. It also sounds like something you would order in a bar
Thanks
giggyann

Snugs76
Marlin
Marlin
9,854 Posts

[Post New]by Snugs76 on Oct 22, 08 4:20 PM
I believe the 'guy' is the ghost of Charles himself .. i could be wrong

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Oct 22, 08 10:39 PM
snugs
Please how can you replay a chapter without going all the way back to the begining. If you can't just shot me now......no.....no don't do that. Just help.
thank you giggyann

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 22, 08 11:32 PM
giggyann wrote:snugs
Please how can you replay a chapter without going all the way back to the begining. If you can't just shot me now......no.....no don't do that. Just help.
thank you giggyann

Sorry, you can't. *hands giggy the gun but no bullets*

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 23, 08 5:28 AM
Cheer up Giggly, lots of fin hugs coming your way from Cher.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 23, 08 5:43 AM
giggyann wrote:What no bullets..........................................I have to now go swim to the far side of the pond and cry. Once again I ask can other fish hear a fish cry????
giggyann

You could use jelly beans. They fit in those little slots and while they aren't explosive and won't hurt you they are deeeliscious!

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Oct 23, 08 6:52 AM
giggyann wrote:Hey
I just finished M. Fate
1.At the end who is the guy yelling about M.Fate stealing "Rose my first true love"?
2. And why does the queen call or did we? And then we say that we already know. that we have to go the ravenhurst.
3.I could have sworn when you go to collect the keys for the celler at the end .
I thought he said something like"thats not yours" Maybe??
4. How do you go back and check this stuff out without starting the game over???
I didn't even know about this game and the others a week ago.
Also how do you do screen shots? I know what it is but not how to do it. It also sounds like something you would order in a bar
Thanks
giggyann

I finished Ravenhearst last night and for the #3 question I heard that too...

Go to: