jap54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Isidiada - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by jap54 on Mar 22, 10 3:06 PM
Even if I knew the answers and clicked on correct tiles it did not show up the correct ones. I feel this game is total waste of time - so after a short time of trial I am deleting it. BFG not up to much on this one.

JDelB
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by JDelB on Mar 22, 10 3:11 PM
One of the worst M3 games EVER. I agree with poodlebear - as I was deleting this as fast as I could I thought "this makes me think of a high school assignment that was given a c just because they turned it in."

I will buy a good M3 game with some challenges. But I mean real challenges, not just overcoming all the poor aspects of the game.

Uppernana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Uppernana on Mar 22, 10 4:10 PM
Please excuse my shouting, but THIS IS THE WORST MATCH 3 GAME that BF has ever presented. I have been a member for years, the only games I really enjoy are HOG and Match 3. Did any of BF employees play this game before releasing it?????????????? Shame on you BF!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 22, 10 5:33 PM
I didn't even demo this game ..But the reviews are down right hilarious ....

Oh I'm sorry ..did I wake you?

go back to sleep ..

SHHHH

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 22, 10 6:26 PM
This game is only good for one thing...Sending an insomniac to sleep!!

I really did not think that Big Fish would release anything this bad. Was Big Fish held at gunpoint to release this?? That is the only valid reason I can come up with.

Even some bad online games do not compare to this one. If the tiles had moved any slower a snail would of overtaken it.

Lets hope that the next game is better from Big Fish otherwise the pond will be rioting.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 22, 10 7:06 PM
Nothing to add except it's the worst match 3 game to date. Played for five minutes and bailed. Even if this was a daily deal it would still be a no go. Bad , bad fish... but then one out of a cajillion isn't worth counting lol. you are still the best game site out there.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Mar 22, 10 8:14 PM
I figured it out!! I figured it out!!! (jumping up and down and waving arms)

April Fool's!!!

Joke's on us. The real game for tomorrow is...

Oh. It's still March. Then it's not an April Fool's joke? Oh.

Well, I thought that was the only way such an awful game could have been released. You mean it's for real??

BTW - extended sympathy to all who attempted to play the game. I only lasted 3 minutes. I can't see how anyone could have lasted the full hour. And after just 3 minutes... hmmm. Maybe that explains my bad mood today. Hmmm...

[Post New]by mistergeorge on Mar 22, 10 8:28 PM
I still consider myself rather new to bf and just want to say that I love that there are reviews on games. This game is the first one that I came across since joining that I could not get past 10 minutes of the demo before getting extremely bored. I came right to the reviews curious if anyone had a good comment on this game to see if I should keep going and saw that I was not alone. It feels good when you know you are not the only person who feels a certain way about a game. So thanks to all of you who put in reviews good or bad!

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Mar 22, 10 11:06 PM
I lasted a whole 5 minutes on this game. Terrible. Won't be getting this game!!

Firster
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Firster on Mar 23, 10 1:07 AM
Normal game.

Thank you very much !

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Mar 23, 10 2:15 AM
Sounds like this game has won worse game of the year!

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Mar 23, 10 6:32 AM
Aha, that explains why this game was issued! They needed an entry for Worst Game of the Year, but with the high quality on all other Big Fish games, they simply lacked candidates!

My vote is on this game!

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Isidiada - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Mar 23, 10 7:56 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Don't know if a topic will be created but it's nearly 12:30 and don't want to wait around for it so I made one.

Now if you read my reviews you know it takes a LOT for me to out and out pan a game. With this one let me count the ways...

1. Graphics are amateurish, uninspired and very simplistic. Not surprising given *tiny* file size but a surprise these days.

2. Matches can not be made while triggered matches are still happening. This was acceptable 5 years ago, not now.

3. If you run out of time GAME OVER?!? Seriously? Not replay the level, game over. But then there aren't really any levels that I could tell, just a series of the same M3 boards with an Egyptian History question attached to each.

4. ...which brings me to the questions... didn't realize Egypt had "Czarinas"...

5. No Relaxed Mode - that's not yet a given in Match 3s so not too surprised about that given terrible simplicity of this offering. Bare bones coding doesn't lend itself to Modes.

Music was ok and it ran for me. That's the only good I got...

Seriously? This seemed like a passing grade in a game design class at best. NOTHING even contemporary with current Match 3s, let alone innovative or worth while. In 1997 it might have been ok. In 2010, one of the worst games I've played. I am very surprised would release this as the Game of the Day.

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Mar 23, 10 8:01 AM
Poodlebear's reason #2 will keep me away from a matach 3 game, especially if you're playing against a clock. Thanks fishies, won't buy.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Mar 23, 10 9:38 AM
General recommendation: Don't bother with this. Even the demo is a waste of time yet alone buying it.

Graphics: Nothing special and to be honest were slow on my machine.

Gameplay: Standard match three. Nothing special.

Music: Decent.

Overall view: I love anything that is Egyptian but this just failed to draw me in. It's a fairly bland game with nothing remarkable at all and the performance was slow even on my computer which is a newer model. This is not worth going for. I really dislike negative reviews but I don't want any of you fish wasting over a fin on this.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 23, 10 11:47 AM
Very boring and bad game. No buy for me.

[Post New]by Currentdrive on Mar 23, 10 4:50 PM
Very boring. Sorry. Lasted less then 5 minutes

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Mar 23, 10 4:53 PM
TOTAL WASTE OF TIME

[Post New]by peachpiepeach on Mar 23, 10 8:18 PM
not up to bigfish's usual standards. crummy graphics; crummy game.

gKos
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by gKos on Mar 24, 10 12:23 AM
Downloading this game after reading comments, I expected to see very bad game, really boring... But, IMHO, it have some interesting parts! look, you can play M3 (not good, too slow, but M3, classic way), and you can try to solve the riddle (or qustion, how many people wrote, but it`s really riddles - from istorical side ;-) ). It`s too interesting for me! And about levels... there are 40 or 50 levels, and after 20 level there are very interesting riddles, that can give you new knowledge about Egypt. I bought it and i like it. Nice game!

Go to: