tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 10, 16 9:32 PM
List me as another person who is having trouble with both the hint/skip button and with the map. sometimes it doesn't open at all, but mostly it will not transport me.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jdelbove on Oct 11, 16 12:03 PM
Running WIN 10 desktop PC Hints AND Skip buttons are not working AGAIN! This seems to be a common occurrence on this thread. Any advice?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Cackback on Oct 12, 16 2:12 PM
Can't place handcuffs on chain in bonus chapter - help

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Oct 12, 16 3:24 PM
I cant place handcuffs either !! So frustrating..help us please

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Oct 13, 16 1:49 PM
deleting it and thinking seriously about getting my games elsewhere. These games are a joke now.

[Post New]by joansgame2day on Oct 15, 16 10:26 AM
The Handcuffs will attach to the chain if you create the gear on the machine in the background first. Then apply the cut out gear to the mechanism on the right of the chain to lower the chain a small amount. Then apply the handcuffs.

[Post New]by janicedem on Oct 15, 16 12:08 PM
Can someone help figure out what to "lob" with the catapult in the HOP in Ben's room in the 50's.

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Oct 16, 16 6:56 AM
Never another CE. Don't seem to be thoroughly tested. If you don't have the whole game tested what's the point??

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Oct 18, 16 2:35 AM
Add me to the list of people who are stuck in the 3rd stage of the labyrinth. Where Adam has to go thru the maze in ten steps. The game is completely frozen at that point. I have to Ctrl Alt Del to get out. I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have tried rebooting, but that doesn't do anything. I've seen a long list of people with errors with this game, but no notes from the developers that they are working on a fix. Is there a fix coming for this game? And for the people who made it to the bonus chapter, did you get stuck at this point as well and figure out how to get past it?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 18, 16 12:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your patience and for reporting these issues to this thread. The Forum Moderation Team has passed along the content of this thread for follow up by the appropriate teams. While our team doesn't have the ability to make game changes, we can absolutely provide these issues to the right teams so that they can look further into the issues our players are experiencing.

It sounds like there is some trouble with the skip button as well as players seeing items not work properly when used in the bonus chapter. I wanted to provide some troubleshooting steps from our Help Pages which have addressed issues like this in the past:

Run Game as Administrator

If you are using a Windows 10 machine, the following page has some steps that may help address technical issues found while using Windows 10:

Windows 10

If those steps do not address the issue, or if you've already attempted troubleshooting to no avail, please reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for understanding and for your patience.

Message Continues...

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 18, 16 12:14 PM
...Message Continued

I also wanted to stop by and quickly remind everyone to try their best to abide by the Forum Rules while posting, especially the following:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

We request that the rules be followed so that players of all-ages can enjoy and feel comfortable on our forums. We request no profanity or disrespectful language be used so we can keep our forums and site as family-friendly as possible. We also request that posts try to remain constructive and related to the game-specifically. Thank you all for working to make our forums a great place to discuss games.

Thank you again for your time and understanding,

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by honeyaz on Oct 18, 16 12:52 PM
I am getting a message that some of my files are corrupt and I will have to start all
over again. I was on chapter 25. Is there a fix for this. I want to start at cp 25.
Please help.

Betty Morgan

[Post New]by Pandora1000000 on Oct 20, 16 12:10 PM
Lilly214 wrote:I am stuck in a sarcophagus mini game in Ben's house - SKIP key does not work - I can not figure it out - checked guide. I HATE these mini games !!!

I am having the exact same problem. Using Windows 7 and the Hint button has stopped working and now so has the Skip button. I'm stuck in the exact same place. Very irritating when you have paid for a game and cannot play it.

[Post New]by LaVerne702 on Oct 25, 16 5:39 AM
I have downloaded this game, but it will not play. I can see the icon in my task bar, and I can hear the sound...however, when I click on the icon, a black box flashes on the screen (for less than one second). MacOS Sierra

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 25, 16 10:08 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience and for continuing to provide your experiences with the game here. It sounds like there are a few issues to address and I'll do my best to provide some help as well as how to receive additional assistance.

honeyaz, it sounds like the save file was corrupted, which means that it will likely not be possible to restore that save. While that save may not be recoverable, the following steps can help with making future saves not become corrupted or not saving when expected:

Game not Saving

Pandora1000000, if you are seeing issues with the Skip button, the following page has steps that have been able to help others in the past resolve that issue:

Run Game as Administrator

LaVerne702, since this issue is occurring on a Mac, the following page may be able to provide steps to help with the game not appearing as expected:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you would just like some further assistance, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is able to help out,

bfgIlinalta

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Oct 28, 16 5:08 AM
janicedem wrote:Can someone help figure out what to "lob" with the catapult in the HOP in Ben's room in the 50's.

It is a ball at the base of the catapult - looks like a wheel.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Nov 1, 16 1:51 PM
I am also stuck in the 3rd stage of the labyrinth in the puzzle where Adam has to go thru the maze in ten steps. I can access the guide and the menu at this point but nothing else. I can't reset, skip or use the map to get out of here. So, I cannot go any further in the game. I'll try resetting the difficulty since that seemed to help elsewhere.

[Post New]by thetadcat on Nov 10, 16 8:21 PM
I am in the Labyrinth Chapter playing the mini-game where Adam must move through the labyrinth in ten steps. I was able to play the game once but then it just stopped. The game didn't freeze, I can access the guide, menu, options, etc. I just can't play the mini-game again. Skip doesn't work, reset doesn't work it just stopped. I can't move forward in the game. My only option may be to uninstall the game and start again, but if I do am I going to get to this point again only for the game to hang again?

Is there any way to get past this short of reinstalling the game?

Thanks,

cc

[Post New]by Ddfurneaux on Nov 13, 16 11:08 PM
In the HOS in the back of the 3 wheeler bike, I cannot click on the butterfly, lemonade, net, hazelnut, fruit plate, or watch. The scene isn't frozen as I can click on the hint button or exit the HOS but I just can't collect the 6 items listed. Using the full version on Windows 7.

[Post New]by politicia on Nov 15, 16 2:20 AM
I am having issues in the Main Story with Adam's maze puzzle in that the figure won't move and I can't skip the puzzle or move away from the puzzle; I can only go to the menu to exit or to the guide?

Go to: