amazonkes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for The Lost Cases of 221B Baker St.

[Post New]by amazonkes on Mar 24, 10 9:47 AM
ShadowsHeart wrote:
cll1950 wrote:Can't find The Lost cases of Sherlock Holmes. Did searches under "The" , "Lost" and "Sherlosk Holmes".

Look under Hidden Object Games, in the list of titles at the bottom of the page. Make sure you include "THE" in the title, as that's how they have it listed alphabetically. Good luck!

Even easier: go to the Forums, click "The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes" THEN click "Try this game" at the top of the posts..

geezing
Catfish
Catfish
1,722 Posts

[Post New]by geezing on Mar 24, 10 10:36 AM
After waiting for months for this release I'm disappointed. Each story is way too short to my liking. There is a disconnect from two hidden object scenes to eliminating the guilty party. After completing Hidden Object scenes the written dialogue speeds by so fast I can't read it. Some dialogue has narrative, some doesn't. Some dialogue advances automatically some doesn't. Seems very inconsistent. The last volume has the longest story and game play. thumbs down from me.

Edited on 03/24/2010 at 10:39:03 AM PST

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 24, 10 1:44 PM
Well, it's a cute little game. It's actually quite relaxing after all the "Dark Parables", "Millennium Secrets", "Empress of the Deep", etc. It takes one like this every so often. Not sure yet if I'll buy but I'm certainly enjoying it for now. We'll see.

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Mar 24, 10 4:58 PM
Not a fan of this one nor it's predecessor. Don't like the voices, find it too easy and not really involving.

I would much rather they had stuck to a couple of cases but make the storyline for each one more involving and longer.

Sherlock Holmes always got involved in strange or supposedly unsolvable or complicated cases. Whereas this game has cases that are so easily solved. When playing I think Holmes would have been insulted to be given a case like this. You know he knows that he is the best.

Edited on 03/24/2010 at 5:00:14 PM PST

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 24, 10 5:12 PM
I’ve changed my mind. I can’t stand “find the differences”, always did, always will. Besides, I said it was relaxing; so much so I got really bored. Straight HOGs are not for me anymore. Ok, I can't stand still, I need some action.
Not buying.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Mar 24, 10 6:27 PM
I got confused when I saw this new title so I checked my Purchase History and I have "The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes" and now this new one. The first one I really really really enjoyed and have played it two times already.

I will try this new one, 221B Baker St and am curious as to the quality of it. The first game gives you a surprise if you finish all 20 cases.

So...we shall see

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 24, 10 7:28 PM
1st I was excited b/c there were so many books on the shelf & I was thinking of how long Murder She Wrote ended up being w/ just 5 books & this game had, I think, 16! Unfortunately, they don't last very long & I was up to 7 at the hr's end, so it can't be any longer than MSW despite more books. Slightly more than 2 hrs, I'd guess? Faster if you skip puzzles, but those were all pretty EZ (I did skip an irritating pipes one in the sewers, why can't they do away w/ those already? GRRRR). It was rather hard to get into the suspects & motivations when the "book" was done in just 2-3 scenes & a puzzle.

The graphix were very well done & there was a magnifying glass for the smaller split screens, which I don't remember if the 1st Sherlock Holmes had or not, just recall griping that the HOs were so small in that one. Hints were super EZ to find b/c Sherlock's pipe was always prominently displayed in the scenes, hard to miss. I didn't need them, tho, as the HOs scenes were incredibly EZ for me, too. I was kind of irked at how the suspects would keep popping up at the bottom when you found HOs & obscure 20% of the scene until you clicked the x & got rid of them. At least in the Agatha Christies it's just one suspect card that intrudes, not half a dozen banners of them.

Probably a good "starter HOG" & also good for older kids, but I just found it way too EZ a game. It's a shame b/c the Sherlock Holmes cases are so interesting & they really shouldn't be cramming so much into one short game & losing all the good details. Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy used I think 3 of his novels & interrelated them w/ far more details & a much longer game than this. Too bad they devs can't just settle on one SH novel & do it justice.

[Post New]by snakesandladders on Mar 25, 10 4:25 AM
Nope. Sorry, this one's just too irritating. I couldn't stand any more after 10 minutes of trial play. I know it's only a game, but to have one featuring a map that includes Stonehenge as part of Greater London and Sherlock Holmes with an Australian accent is just unbearable.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Mar 25, 10 11:28 AM
I come away from finishing the trial, sorely dissapointed. I had played one other Sherlock Holmes game, and it was very challenging. and took me quite some time to complete. I finished 3 and a half "cases" in my trial hour. As much as I love Sherlock Holmes, I don't think this game will be a buy for me.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Love this game The Lost Cases of 221B Baker St.

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Mar 25, 10 11:41 AM
I have the other Holmes game from a while back and its always been one of my favorites . I was sooo happy to see the lost cases of 221B baker street available I bought it right away . I actually enjoyed this one more because we have a friendlier Holmes and nice looking characters . This is a long game and its really done well . I love that there are a ton of mini games and they are fun and not to hard or tedious . This game has the feel of a collectors edition yet with out the big price tag . Thank you Big fish for this great game that will be in my collection for ever . Im a big fan of this type of game having bought Azada , enchanted canvases ,and many others . this one is fantastic and right up there with vampireville which is my new favorite game

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Mar 25, 10 10:03 PM
I have to chime in and say that like others, I found myself very bored playing this game. I did skip the dialogue due to lack of time and since I usually try to skip the dialogue on demos, so maybe reading the entire dialogue would help alleviate the boredom. I, too, found the hidden object games very easy. A little too easy. I'm not someone who enjoys tiny objects that are ridiculous to try to find, but the whole game play just seemed boring. The minigames were nice, though, I did enjoy them, especially having to put each of the suspects in the correct place based on their descriptions and having to memorize the objects that go with each person. I also liked the set up of having mini-cases. It is great when you don't have a lot of time, but still have enough to slip in one quick game.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Mar 25, 10 10:45 PM
Not a buy for me. Games were extremely simple and the storyline just didn't hang together. Just boring.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 26, 10 12:56 PM
I think I will buy this one. I liked The Lost Cases Of Sherlock Holmes (the 1st one) but I forgot there was at least one puzzle in that one I'm still having trouble with and there are no skip options for the mini-puzzles and besides no skip options in the first game, it is also timed with no un-timed or relaxed option. This new one, though a bit too easy, is more to my liking. At least there are skip options and a relaxed mode. And another added incentive is that is offering all regular games at 30% off this week-end. Thank you, !!

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on Mar 26, 10 7:50 PM
I found it a bit too easy and uninteresting..sorry

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Mar 27, 10 12:56 AM
Thumbs down for me also.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Mar 27, 10 2:22 AM
This is a GREAT game if you are looking for something on the easy side. It has decent stories. You can choose relaxed or timed. I choose relaxed and it flowed along good without being boring nor aggravating. It has skip buttons if you like, I never needed to use them. It has find the differences which I usually dont like, but I did like these as they were objects to find and wasnt difficult. I like that it gives you a chance to add to your number of available hints. Although, even if you run out of hints or are stuck for awhile, it doesnt leave you hanging, just wait several seconds and you'll notice a slight twinkling. I love that it has LOTS of different things to do. I didnt mind that many were the same as other games like torn up letter puzzles as it switches them around and they fit into the stories nicely.

The only complaint I have and I have this with alot of games, some of the items are so tiny!

It seems to be a good length, I had just started the 4th of the 20 books in the 1 hr.

This game was fun, right amount of challenge and entertaining, what a game should be if you want a relaxing one! Im buying this one!

Edited on 03/27/2010 at 2:27:44 AM PST

[Post New]by GameWizard5 on Mar 27, 10 4:54 AM
Awesome game! One of my top 10 Big Fish puzzle and hidden object game. Decent graphics and ok story lines. 16 cases and 4 bonus stories for a total of 20 cases to solve, makes for many hours of enjoyment. Good replay value! For an extra challenge, try the timed mode. Many varied amd unique puzzles makes this game stand out. Hidden objects are not cluttered. Very relaxing game. I hope you will enjoy this game as much as I did. 5 STARS!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 27, 10 6:30 AM
Classicaljazz wrote:Was surprised to see so many fishies saying they liked this game so much. It certainly wasn't my "cup of tea". I found it quite boring. (And I'm usually a huge fan of mystery stories.) On the PLUS side, I thought the art work, music and scenes were "period appropriate". A straight **** buff might like it, if they prefer games that are easy. But I'm definitely passing on this one. Didn't even like it well enough to finish my hour of demo time.

Classicaljazz

I had the same problem -- I liked the first game, even the actors weren't too bad, but they seemed to have gone to sleep on this one -- the games were far too easy, not too interesting, didn't even have the quality of investigation the first game had, where you actually had to remember some details of the story to win. I exited out before my free hour was done and deleted it.

NancySusan

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 27, 10 2:14 PM
So, I thought I was missing something, like the connection between the suspects and the murder... The dialog flashed so quickly didn't even know the six suspects when they popped up. Having read the comments I agree with those that said this is very easy HOG, books are two short, and mini games are not challenging. Perhaps I'd get this game as a dd but not now. I loved the first one and bought it. Unfortunately this one falls short. But good voice over and stories.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Mar 27, 10 9:56 PM
Thanks Poodlebear, I just bought it. I usually buy the ones you recommend
it's fun and relaxing

Go to: