[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 6, 10 1:53 PM
Really really BAD !!!!

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Comment and Reviews for I SPY Mystery

[Post New]by lexi4 on Apr 6, 10 3:24 PM
After reading all the remarks, I'm not even going to try it. HOG games have been lousy the last few days.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Apr 6, 10 4:00 PM
Thank you everyone for giving your reviews. Based on all of the comments that seem to be the same, this is a no buy for me without even trying it. Come on BFG, please come out with some games that require a bit of intelligence to play them. The last couple of days have been very disappointing.

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Apr 6, 10 4:46 PM
Like Poodlebear, Linda, Lily & others, my first HOG was with an I Spy(Treasure Hunt) which I purchased some years ago at Costco for the grandkids. I loved it & immediately went shopping for the others. I liked Spooky Mansion so much that when they came out with Spooky Mansion Deluxe - I went out & bought it too. I still have these games & replay them occasionally. It has been awhile so I think I might just play Treasure Hunt now. This I Spy Mystery looks like some one put it together from the other games. And why would Scholastic put out something with such fuzzy graphics. Veeery strange.

[Post New]by b2small2 on Apr 6, 10 8:16 PM
I enjoyed the other I Spy games. But this one is not as good as the other ones. It only had 7 mysteries which I finished in the demo. My demo ran about 2 hours.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 6, 10 9:06 PM
soblessed57 wrote:I'm just DL this now so haven't seen it yet,but my granddaughter and I love the I Spy games we already have that BF doesn't offer for some reason. The wonderful 3-games in one I Spy Fantasy,I Spy Treasure Hunt,and the one that BF offers that we have I Spy Spooky Mansion Deluxe.

With the small number of kids games that BF has,I'm sure not going to complain because they decide to offer some a few days in a row,but I do wish they would get some of the other popular I Spy titles and those great quality ones by Humongous-PuttPutt, Pajama Sam and Freddie Fish titles. They are wonderful hidden object games with great graphics and really adorable voices and stories. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE BF for our kids and grandkids!
[b]
I feel the exact same way- others may not agree, but how long has it been since we've seen any kid games? I didn't become a member just for myself, I am glad when I see a new release for my son- Variety is good....Happy Gaming!!! TMann

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Apr 6, 10 9:21 PM
This game and all the games for the past few weeks have been Garbage! When will we see some games that are worth playing and are not CE's (they are not worth the money).

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Apr 6, 10 10:28 PM
Next game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graro
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by graro on Apr 6, 10 11:35 PM
LilyCat wrote:I And there's the length. It looks as though there are only six 'mysteries'. I finished two in half an hour, so not much playability beyond the demo.

I finished the whole game during the demo...there is nothing else other than the six mysteries. After finishing them only the credits.
Certainly not going to buy it.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Apr 7, 10 12:41 AM
Oh my Go. Another Dud. Who screens these games BF? You must have some criteria to base your judgements on before you offer them to the public or do you use them as fillers?. This one just sucks on every level.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Apr 7, 10 1:33 AM
Despite this is a kid's game with big objects, what a TERRIBLE game! I think the worst Ive EVER seen!

It ran horribly slow. When you click on an item it moves or shakes and you can't click on another one until the movement of the previous one stops. When you finish a level, it does nothing, you have to click on a back arrow.

A HUGE disappointment!

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Apr 7, 10 8:26 AM
I just finished the Demo,and I bought the game! It's way past time for BF to offer more QUALITY kids games. This is not as good as I Spy Fantasy,or I Spy Treasure Hunt,but I thought it was good enough to purchase. It ran just great with no issues at all.

I thought the graphics were just fine,no different than in any of the I SPY games that I own on disc!!! The only fuzzy looking scene for me is in Knights Fall -the tapestry scene, which is to be expected,after all it 'IS' an embroidered tapestry! The graphics are exactly the same as the games they were taken from,that I own on discs!!!! I SpyTreasure Hunt, I Spy Spooky Mansion Deluxe and I Spy Fantasy,The Knights Fall came from I Spy Fantasy.

The voices are much more suitable and better than some I have heard in games for the older crowd! There 'IS' a mystery riddle after you do all four in a set,such as do all four in the Knight's Fall,or all four in the Mystery Meals. As always,I got a kick out of the animations,so I know my granddaughter will have fun playing it,even thought it won't be much of a challenge for her.

So thank you BF,and please let's see some more games offered for kids,along with all those aimed at the older crowd.I for one,do not mind seeing the kids remembered at all! I would like to get more games for my granddaughter.

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 6:41:59 AM PST

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Apr 7, 10 9:02 AM
Please more of the I Spy titles BF and please give us the Humongous titles!!!!!

Or at least could you please let us know if we can ever expect them? I tried writing CS but all I got was a 'form letter' reply that answered nothing!

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 9:05:46 AM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Apr 7, 10 11:18 PM
The I SPY games are old & technically can be commemorated as the 1st HOGs. They're so old the highest screen resolution then was probably 800 x 600 & that's what they were made to fit at the max. Even on my 15" monitor I SPY Spooky Mansion was just as graphically horrific as this is on my 19". I think Scholastic is re-releasing these hoping parents will remember these fondly & buy for kids sight unseen, & doing it w/o a techie makeover. All the scenes in this one were from other I SPY games, which explains the blurriness. Scholastic doesn't seem to care about negative feedback b/c they make a gazillion $$$ even w/o these games & don't think they need a do-over to pick up pocket change. It's a shame, b/c they're really cute games.....well, they would be if you could see em!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 8, 10 12:29 PM
WOW, with a few comments that I have read about this game I will not bother downloading. Glad we have this forum.

[Post New]by blt707 on Apr 9, 10 1:18 PM
Even though I used a credit for the game I'm kind of miffed that I did. I agree with others about that VOICE...YIKES!!! And of course I keep it turned off. I like the basic premise behind behind the game because it is different, but for the most part, I regret that I even used a credit. Oh well, lessons learned.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Apr 9, 10 5:46 PM
Welcome to the pond blt707. Sorry about the credit, even with the 60 min trial we all have some of those games we wish we had not gotten in out history.

I do not like the voice at all. It is unfortunate that the voice is so babytalk that I'll bet few children old enough to like the hunt would try the game.

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 5:48:43 PM PST

niagru
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by niagru on Apr 10, 10 7:22 AM
O.K. I will try to be fair and say that this game might be good for actual children and not just the young at heart...but the quality was gross. And I was happy to hear that so many people hated that little girl's voice so that I could post my own review which was that after ten seconds of hearing her voice I had violent thoughts towards her. I grew up with the I Spy books and loved them, I have tried two of the different games they have and hated them both. Too annoyingly babyish. And frankly maybe I am the only one but I hated it when people talked down to you when I was a child and these games have that feel. The pictures are poor, the game play is terrible because there are so many technical problems ( the mouse is slow and the picture blinks alot when you start it and the two games I have downloaded before have always had a red box where the logo was supposed to be). Frankly, if I was a child I would still give these a pass. Life is too short and MCF and those type games rule!

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 10, 10 10:28 AM
Couldn't get the game correctly. Sys reqs page shows that it isn't for Windows7. Hope that's the reason, but after reading the reviews, seems like a small loss.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 11, 10 12:21 AM
I think the littlies will enjoy this game. Definitely not this 'big' kid.

The voice was annoying, the objects often difficult to locate, the music so-so. However, I'm not 5 years old, so I'm not sure if they will think it's good.

Go to: