Mule2000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mule2000 on Mar 26, 10 12:47 PM
This is an okay game. Nothing particularly stunning or creative, agree the graphics are good. The story line is so,so. I guess the "to be continued" will include what in the heck happened to all of those trapped people? I was in the extra section, exited (I think I saved) but when I went back to finish, it required that I start from the beginning again.
Definitely a $6.99 game, as far as a $20.00 game, I don't think so. Just wish I'd waited a couple of weeks and saved some money.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Mar 26, 10 2:01 PM
I really like this game and I will pay for the CE version. I bought the CE version of Briar Rose and I"m glad I did. I like the extras that come with the games. And I would rather get 3 credits for the game than buy 3 extra games that I can't find time to play. I bought 4 sales games from the President's Day Sale which gave me a toltal of about 12 games that I haven't finished yet. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but if I'm playing the demo of a CE game and it's a good game, I prefer to buy it right then. I've waited for games to come out that I've played the demo on and by the time they do come out, I've lost interest.

[Post New]by topevidence on Mar 26, 10 3:07 PM
tyyllls wrote:I would buy this game but as often happens, the game screen does not fit my widescreen monitor- it's raised about an inch from the bottom so an inch is cut off the top. Confusing because a lot of games fit just fine, and if they don't I can use the windowed option. Is it because I have Windows 7? Does anyone else have this problem?

This is not a problem of Windows 7. Game has the resolution 1024x768. Your monitor usually works on other resolution and 1024x768 is not adjusted. There should be 'Auto' button or something like that on your monitor. It should adjust monitor once for use of this resolution

[Post New]by momof2wldboyz83 on Mar 26, 10 3:23 PM
Well I finished the demo with 13 min. left. The music and graphics are great, I usually mute all sound because it's annoying, but I kept it on with this one. Unfortunately it's just very easy. I see someone said it gets a bit harder later on so I was hoping I'd get to play the full hour. I don't think it's worth the $20, but that's just me.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Mar 26, 10 3:35 PM
Yippy. I like this one. Will def buy. Don't like cleaning mirrors but worth it!

gransam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by gransam on Mar 26, 10 3:40 PM
In the pantry - can't close the cupboard screen no matter how long I wait. Help!!

simtique
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by simtique on Mar 26, 10 3:44 PM
[quote
=DixieKat] Wow! Great game!
i[b]i absolutely love this game thank you big fish graphics are clear all in all great game

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 26, 10 4:59 PM
The scene graphix are soooooooo gorgeous in this, you just want to sit & look at them. Being such a visual medium, great graphix are a huge selling pt for me & this has it, Not junkpile-y, very "period". The difficulty level on them isn't hard, tho. Hint reloads pretty quickly, which is also a good selling pt as I HATE waiting on a hint to reload when I resort to it b/c I'm really stuck. Unless succeeding levels increase in HOs difficulty, however, a slower hint wouldn't have been a problem. Skip loaded pretty quickly, too, tho w/ some of the puzzles you had to do them & not skip. This could get old on replay (why I'm sorry I bought Ravenhearst b/c of those non-skippable interminable jigsaw puzzles UGH). But at least these were fast puzzles & you didn't have to sit there 4ever dragging stuff around. Still. This is one of the main issues I have w/ IHOGs, diminished replay value b/c you ALWAYS have to do the same stuff to progress & it never changes. Anyway, it was a little different that when you completed a task it would sparkle open another HOs scene....only it really WASN'T another, but the same one you started w/, just finding different stuff. There could easily have been a 2nd scene incorporated. I mean, at least in Puppet Show when you played a scene again it was later on in the game, not right in a row. I don't know if I could take 20 levels' worth of dusting pixels UGH what were they thinking? Almost as bad as Fixer Upper's painting nonsense. And I didn't like the fact that even tho a walkthru was incl, you STILL had to close out of the game to access it. The Rue Morgue & Sweeney Todd CEs didn't do that. What's the pt of having it if it's not EZily accessible? And if the figurines thing is an "extra", I'm interested to see how that works in the not-CE edition; are there no ghosts in it, then? Extras didn't seem worth it; devs best start recognizing no one cares about wallpaper or walkthrus padding price & come up w/ a new concept for bigger bucks.

It might suck me in just for the graphix when the reg ed comes out....we'll see how that one is b4 deciding anything.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Mar 26, 10 10:05 PM
I just finished the demo and was able to get 4 pieces of mirrors out of 20 and 4 figurines. It is all the nice things that were mentioned before but it is not that challenging and that goes also to the mini puzzles. That type of game it is fine to get it on regular version or on DD which is going to be my choice.
Nouni

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 27, 10 7:19 AM
Very pretty, but way too much hand holding--everything sparkles and points you where to go, you don't have to look for anything, and the Hiddn objct scenes are really easy (almost like there's not enough stuff to dig through). I just found the game overall much too easy. I even checked options again to see if there was a harder mode (there's not). I didn't even finish the demo.

Definitely not a buy at CE, and probably not a buy at SE either, although I might have a different opinion by then.

It is a really beautiful game, though, and I'm glad lots of folks like it.

[Post New]by superkraut15 on Mar 27, 10 8:19 AM
I just purchased the CE and I love it, but now I'm stuck in the wardrobe room looking for the will. Found the locket, but nothing else. The hint button tells me nothing. I go from one blinking light to another and none of them tell me anything or gives me a clue as to what to do next. So frustrating. There's a key is in the portrait but she says she wants a blue ribbon and pink hat. How? It's a great game, but if I can't progress from this room with no clues, I'm a bit disappointed. Does anyone have any ideas or tips about this room? I'd be forever grateful.

gamedancer
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gamedancer on Mar 27, 10 8:41 AM
I just played the demo and like it all right. But I don't think it is a $19.99 game
It was pretty easy. If you pay a monthly fee and have to buy games to get credits
I think you should be able to use them on ce games too. And do we get one free game a month like on gamehouse? Do you have to have a full game card for one credit?

dragnet1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dragnet1 on Mar 27, 10 11:40 AM
I must have found a bug because I am now stuck on the clock in the basement. I placed the second hand on the clock, figured out what time to put in but when I went to set the time the hour hand has disappeared. It isn't in my inventory, the only things left to click on are the cash register or the clock and I'm stuck. I even quit the game and then restarted but still only one hand on the clock. I'm at an impasse. Anything like this happened to anyone else?

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Mar 27, 10 11:41 AM
Way too easy! No challenges at all - the HOs are easy to find and the player is guided to the right answer. I won't buy this game.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Mar 27, 10 11:45 AM
I've played about half of the trial period, and I'm enjoying the game. However, I do think the puzzles are extremely easy so far, and I really can't see anything that makes this a 'collector's edition' other than the higher price tag. I'll probably be interested in buying this game when the regular edition comes out.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Mar 27, 10 11:49 AM
I was so excited to see this game come out. Then sad when I saw it was $20. For a second I thought woo hoo spring fever here I come. Nope! I beta-ed this awhile ago and wondered how it would turn out. All set to buy.....have to wait until the price drops. I am going to be strong.
giggyann

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 27, 10 12:08 PM
The demo was too short! The graphics are great, the music appropriate setting a very spooky ambiance. I don't know how many times the shattering glass from too many clicks made my shoulders knock together - nothing like a little adrenaline rush...

I enjoyed this game a lot and will definitely buy the regular version. I found that for me buying the collector's edition is a waste of money because once I play the game through I don't go on to play the extra part. Found that to be the case with Dire Grove.

The game is a bit on the easy side but not so easy as to be boring. The hour zipped by for me. Definitely:

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Mar 27, 10 1:50 PM
I liked the game, it was a easy sort of fun, I won't purchase the collective version, but will certainly buy the 6.99 version!!!

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Mar 27, 10 2:34 PM
Aaaaahhh, my demo is over. I love this game. I gotta go back in and buy this one right now. The creepy visuals and sound effects are fantastic. The mirror people are totally creepin me out. And that creepy little girl and her humming is crazy. Love it all.
Well, gotta go save me some mirror people.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 27, 10 5:12 PM
I finally finished the game today. Really, really enjoyed playing it. Bought it on thursday and just finished it today (3 days - off and on). Graphics were great, I quite enjoyed the story - no glitches, ran great !

Yes, it was relatively simple (but there were a few spots, I admit, where I had to check out the guide !) and it was no where near MCF RTR or Dire Grove - and those 2 I admit I had to use the walkthroughs quite frequently (I enjoyed those 2 immensely)! - but this I found was a completely enjoyable game. It was well worth the $20 I spent to purchase it. I know i'll enjoy playing it again. It was a real nice change from the "intense" IHOG/Adventure games (RTR and Dire Grove) and the straight **** games (which now I find somewhat boring) - I like the games that have interaction.

All in all, completely enjoyed this game and was well worth the extra dollars to buy (at least for me, anyway).

Go to: