minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by minxs on Mar 31, 10 4:54 AM
I have grown and watered the plant in the study (? I think) and even heard it knock down the flyswatter, but cannot find the flyswatter anywhere. It's not shown clearly in the walkthrough but I've tried the place it seems to have landed with no luck. Someone called "topevidence", apparently from the game, said it stayed on top of the telephone beam, but no success there either.

Nothing really looks like a flyswatter, but I've clicked on anything that remotely resembles one. In fact I've clicked around that room so many times I've broken the glass innumerable times -- still no flyswatter.

I say it's a bug..

Edited on 03/31/2010 at 4:56:10 AM PST

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Leoranne on Apr 1, 10 11:10 PM
I have gotten to the brides bedroom found the bride and groom but nothing happens with the jewel box. I assumed they went on the sides of the groove and some how worked to the middle but nothing I do works so I am stuck there.Not so happy!!!Can you help?

[Post New]by questionmark on Apr 3, 10 9:31 AM
Leoranne wrote:I have gotten to the brides bedroom found the bride and groom but nothing happens with the jewel box. I assumed they went on the sides of the groove and some how worked to the middle but nothing I do works so I am stuck there.Not so happy!!!Can you help?

did you try clicking on the heart? I think that might be all you're missing.

I hope this helps!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 3, 10 12:31 PM
minxs wrote:I have grown and watered the plant in the study (? I think) and even heard it knock down the flyswatter, but cannot find the flyswatter anywhere. It's not shown clearly in the walkthrough but I've tried the place it seems to have landed with no luck. Someone called "topevidence", apparently from the game, said it stayed on top of the telephone beam, but no success there either.

Nothing really looks like a flyswatter, but I've clicked on anything that remotely resembles one. In fact I've clicked around that room so many times I've broken the glass innumerable times -- still no flyswatter.

I say it's a bug..

Hi Minxs- After you water the plant- play the record. The Flyswatter will automatically go into your inventory.

Hope this helps.

PrplDva

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 3, 10 9:27 PM
merryd8542 wrote:
grogsplot wrote:Technical issue found for me on the Greenhouse level, just over half way through. I collected the mirror piece and placed it in the mirror, then it took me back to the Greenhouse so that I could 'clean' the other mirror to be transported to the next room, but it doesn't work. It's stuck. Nothing responds.
I'm finding there are a couple of issues I've had with BF games of late, especially with downloading new demos for them only to tell me my trial period had already expired, and I hadn't ever played them!
Can BF please explain the above issues? Things are beginning to become more than a little trying.....

Hi I am having the exact same issue. Stuck on the screenhouse screen and cannot get further because it still thinks I need to place the mirror shard, and I have already done that. It just ruined the game for me.

I am also having the same problem, I've placed the shard, and it's still telling me I need to place the shard. I can't move on, because when I click on the mirror, nothing happens, it still says I need to place the shard. I'm very disappointed because I sure don't want to start all over again, and then have the same problem at this point.

[Post New]by jazalyn on Apr 5, 10 4:57 AM
I too am having the same problem with the greenhouse level. I love the game and was hoping that all I had to do was get out and come back in but that didn't work. Not sure what the problem is but sure hope they get a fix for it real soon.

cepe
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by cepe on Apr 5, 10 9:58 AM
I'm at the Garage level

I've collected 9/10 cars, and put them in place and am now stuck. I've looked at the walkthrough and the Ghost is supposed to come back at this point and he hasn't.

I know I need to get the car jack but I can't see how. I was expecting another HOG session in order to progress, but it hasn't materialised (bit like the Ghost!).

Cepe

cepe
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by cepe on Apr 5, 10 10:05 AM
cepe wrote:I'm at the Garage level

I've collected 9/10 cars, and put them in place and am now stuck. I've looked at the walkthrough and the Ghost is supposed to come back at this point and he hasn't.

I know I need to get the car jack but I can't see how. I was expecting another HOG session in order to progress, but it hasn't materialised (bit like the Ghost!).

Cepe

I've sorted it - I am a complete donut!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Apr 6, 10 11:14 AM
wllowldy wrote:No prob d/l game but get this when I try to play...
"Sorry, but this product is not compatible with your display. Try using a different display, if you have that option."

Any ideas what I can do? I have Windows 7 and am having issues wth several new games. Getting various errors. This is a new pc and I do not want to screw wth the settings.

This game doesn't appear to be Windows 7 compatible and I'm unable to play it either. I've been having a lot of trouble with some of the games too due to Windows 7 issues. I'd rather have my computer work for everything else than tweak it to play one game.

[Post New]by topevidence on Apr 7, 10 10:37 AM
Windows 7 has nothing to do with problems you face. The game is absolutely compatible with Windows 7... Sorry to hear you can't launch it...

[Post New]by happy0962 on Apr 8, 10 12:54 AM
My clock hands disappeared too !!
Was really enjoying trial & considering purchasing until this. Will also wait now until hear all glitches have been sorted.

[Post New]by kitkatt1960 on Apr 8, 10 10:52 AM
I started with the "Try It" game, it loaded with no problems; played it for a while than decided to purchase it. I purchased it, it think, this game along with additional game credits but the game will not Activate. Shows an error of 206-200. It is still on my system waiting to activate. I have deleted and reloaded a couple of times but everytime I try to activate it, it asks for my email & password which I enter but then gives me the 206-200 error and doesn't fully load/activate.

Anybody else have this problem?

smartsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by smartsue on Apr 9, 10 11:10 AM
I posted a comment earlier about losing the custom cursor. I guess I need to clarify. I played part of the game with the custom cursor and it only disappeared when I needed to click on something special,but I could live with that. Then all of a sudden the custom cursor disappeared all together. That's when I had to guess where the cursor should have been and by the options menu words lighting up I could click and unchecked the custom cursor box. So, I had a custom cursor at first, then I didn't.

P.S. I quit the game and when I went back to play, I clicked on the custom cursor box, have the custom cursor and seems to be working fine. If it happens again, I'll know what to do.

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 4:06:08 PM PST

Stuck in the greenhouse

[Post New]by corestrength on Apr 10, 10 4:13 AM
Add me to the list of people stuck in the greenhouse. I completed all activities on the level, placed the shard in the mirror and was transported back to the greenhouse where the task remains to place the shard (which I no longer have.)

It's too bad because I enjoyed what I played of the game...but apparently there is no solution to the problem.

Edited on 04/10/2010 at 4:14:01 AM PST

[Post New]by TR8Gram on Apr 12, 10 7:17 PM
I too am stuck in the Garden. I have completed all the steps and got my Shard and placed it. It took me back to the garden but will not let me click on the mirror. I have tried going out of the game and back in 3 times. Have restarted my computer twice and tried again, but I still can not click on the mirror to move on to the next room. For $20, this game should work better than this. All of my other GF games have worked fine on this computer and with its present settings.

Very, very disappointed in this game and BG!

[Post New]by auntilori on May 3, 10 1:36 PM
I have tried and tried to get the bridge and groom to enter the box. Nothing happens. Please help.

[Post New]by 2WhiteFerrets on May 8, 10 11:56 AM
I bought the game for $20 & have played it 5 times. I've search the forums for clues to locating the figure of the Lord of Mirrors, applied them, but still have NOT found him!!! UGH!!! FRUSTRATING!!!!! Can you PLEASE help? I know he is in the sarcophagus chapter, but can't find him. I've clicked on everything on the screen cause it said in 1 of the forums that he doesn't "sparkle" like the other figures. NO LUCK! HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

Thanks

[Post New]by Pandantics on Jun 18, 10 11:24 AM
I shot both of the gun cartridges before i was ready to load the cannon, and I am stuck. I don't know how to bring the ball on top of the chandelier down.

[Post New]by Mystcbrd on Dec 16, 10 1:44 PM
Hi all,

Basement and the clock,

while i was trying to set the clock my minute hand went into my inventory but will not let me remove it and put it back on the clock.

Is this a tech issue??? and why is it only effecting some people??

This is very annoying and yet another reason why I will not buy a game i cannot demo.

The game seemed to have a lot of potential.

[Post New]by RoseHollow on Apr 11, 11 4:35 PM
I checked out the ghost gallery, and I feel like there should be more parts to each figurine's story, but when I hit 'next' I get returned to the ghost gallery. Is anyone else having this problem?

Go to: