grammakk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Curse of Bluebeard Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by grammakk on Oct 17, 16 1:39 PM
windows 7 ..same issue with bonus game harpoon not letting you move along..getting really aggravated with the tech issues in these games lately..hate to push BUY..never get an answer..just check help pages..ugh..

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Curse of Bluebeard Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lmayhew on Oct 17, 16 4:31 PM
when are you going to fix this game, cant use skip button

[Post New]by katyabg on Oct 17, 16 7:50 PM
I'm not entirely sure if this is a Tech Issue or what. I'm on the Bonus Chapter, just fired the rope with the crossbow and ... nothing. No way to cross. Also, I have the glass jar but no fireflies anywhere; I also have the leather belt in my inventory. When I ask the "Hint" button, it sparkle-circles in the lower left corner of the screen just above the Menu button - I've backtracked through all the screens and that's all it "tells" me. What's going on?
OS - Win7; 64-bit

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Oct 17, 16 11:31 PM
I am at the end of the regular game doing the final puzzle. I got through the first part of putting the sword together. Second part, is connecting all of the dots/lines all the way around. I have completed this on both the easy and hard levels but it will not let me progress. Any thoughts? I've looked at the strategy guide but even that is incorrect. Numbers hop over each other which isn't possible on a single line and all of the lines aren't used.
I'm using Win10 but I don't think that has anything to do with my problem.
Thanks for your help.

ETA: I had finally noticed that I was unable to see one of the lines at the bottom of the sword. I thought I had completed this mini game numerous times and was getting so frustrated thinking I was completing it in both easy and hard levels. I finally looked at the strategy guide once again and zoomed in on the bottom where I could not see that there was a line that was the connection I was completely missing. So sorry for posting as an error.

Also, since I was having this problem, I was able to download the new update before getting to the bonus section. I am assuming I was able to finish the game only due to the fact that I had not started the bonus prior to the update. I did not run into any problems, except for my own doing, throughout the entire game assuming that the update patched the area where a lot of you are running into problems. I feel so bad for those of you who have to start from the beginning again. I know how frustrating that is. Good luck all.

Edited on 10/23/2016 at 12:00:07 AM PST

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Oct 18, 16 6:13 AM
oops - misread the above post - sorry about that.

Edited on 10/18/2016 at 7:26:25 AM PST

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Oct 18, 16 7:50 AM
Same problem with bonus game as many others, can't do anything with the leather belt. Hint doesn't help.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 18, 16 12:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your patience and for continuing to report technical issues found with this game. It sounds like some players are still having trouble with the bonus chapter at a certain point, and I would like to apologize that players are finding this issue and that it is stopping their playthrough of the game. It also sounds like the skip button doesn't work for some players, so I'd like to provide an article that has helped issues like this in the past for our players seeing this issue on PC:

Run Game as Administrator

It's possible that those steps may have already been attempted by some of our players, and if those steps were unable to help, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide troubleshooting support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thanks for understanding that the forums are not equipped to tackle more complex technical issues and that the Forum Moderation Team recommends contacting our Support Team when the preliminary troubleshooting steps our team can offer on the forums does not resolve the issue.

Thank you again for your patience and for your time,

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by dane1st on Oct 18, 16 2:18 PM
I've downloaded the demo game and all the inventory icons are just white squares which can't be used at all. Can zoom onto the door, chest etc but can't use the items. Using Windows 10.

grammakk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by grammakk on Oct 19, 16 2:23 PM
got the update for the fix of the harpoon in the bonus game..guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's still doing the same thing anyone else having this happen.this not becoming very funny lately with these games..ugh.

[Post New]by mmsms4 on Oct 19, 16 2:59 PM
after the update same issue with the harpoon. I really don't want to go through the whole game just to play the last few minutes. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by hklmsa72 on Oct 20, 16 3:02 AM
I to have the same trouble when it comes to the harpoon it just keeps pointing to the corner of the screen

[Post New]by 66cyclone on Oct 20, 16 6:23 AM
the latest update still has not fixed issues with the bonus chapter regarding bolt to get to other side of chasm.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Oct 21, 16 5:10 AM
katyabg wrote:I'm not entirely sure if this is a Tech Issue or what. I'm on the Bonus Chapter, just fired the rope with the crossbow and ... nothing. No way to cross. Also, I have the glass jar but no fireflies anywhere; I also have the leather belt in my inventory. When I ask the "Hint" button, it sparkle-circles in the lower left corner of the screen just above the Menu button - I've backtracked through all the screens and that's all it "tells" me. What's going on?
OS - Win7; 64-bit

Same problem here. No problems with the game until then. I 'AM' sure its a tech issue. I tried everything, back tracking numerous times, rechecking everything, but cannot finish the game until this problem is fixed. This is a good game and I would think the devs would take care of this problem...it's the best game I've played in a very long time and I would like to finish it. After using the rope and harpoon, then playing the target game I cannot go any farther in the game. I checked the strategy guide & have everything I need to progress, but cannot because it says I need another rope and harpoon (that I just used)! It keeps wanting me to skip a mini game I already completed plus the hint button keeps sending me back to where I've already checked. This game is worthy CE worthy if it's fixed. I seldom have a problem like this and want this game, but if its not fixed, I will ask for a refund. What's the problem BF and devs...you have a great game so fix it! Windows 7 - 64 bit, fully updated.

If there was a 'fix' already, it didn't work because I bought the game yesterday!

[Post New]by SophieRoxy100 on Oct 21, 16 9:01 AM
Bonus round
Also no firefly(s) for the jar. There are a lot of frustrated players here Harpoon feature still doesn't work. Loved the main game. wish it wasn't such a downer in the bonus round. Kind of takes away the excitement of the game.
Main game
sliders in chest do not move. gave up and hit skip button so I could move on.

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Oct 21, 16 1:22 PM
I absolutely loved this game, but I am SO frustrated. The harpoon fix didn't work for me. I gather it didn't work for a lot of people and yet they locked the topic after they posted about the update. Shame, Big Fish, shame...

[Post New]by dirtmom on Oct 21, 16 1:51 PM
Downloaded the update and still cannot get across the gap. I'm not sure what the update fixed but it sure wasn't the harpoon/rope/leather belt problem.

[Post New]by japgem89 on Oct 21, 16 9:48 PM
Continually getting the error that "Your profile had been corrupted." Second time after I completed the main game.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 22, 16 10:40 PM
The Journal/Movies has no link either in the game or in the Extras menu.
The only way of seeing the items in it, is to click on the flag that appears very quickly after you find a journal item.....no way of going back and looking at the item again.

[Post New]by SophieRoxy100 on Oct 23, 16 9:53 AM
Well. Saw the post went thru the directions no avail. Have not received a new download. what next? come on.

Never got the update

[Post New]by SophieRoxy100 on Oct 24, 16 6:41 AM
Still have problem w/ trunk and sliders. Also no fireflies to add to jar in bonus along with being stuck at the harpoon. no update. windows 10

Go to: