ibdapita
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

Re:If You're New to Seasonal Events

[Post New]by ibdapita on Apr 9, 17 9:02 PM
Thank you Gohill, I received a sun from the morphing eggs right after I asked the question

Thank you ds1624, that is great info for all of us!

Maggie

Edited on 04/09/2017 at 9:03:24 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 17, 17 9:55 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Since some Seasonal Events are coming up and there may be new things to do and see for players, I've unlocked this thread so that players can continue support and discuss these events with one another in this particular thread. Thank you all who have already contributed to this thread, and I hope this helps for future events!

I also hope everyone enjoys the upcoming event, and wish everyone happy gaming as they explore Midnight Castle! If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 17, 17 11:35 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you bfgllinalta!!!!

Astra02 had posted in another thread that she wanted to make some updates/changes....hopefully, she will see the thread is now available for her to post that input.

Edited on 10/17/2017 at 11:36:48 AM PST

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Oct 17, 17 12:37 PM
This will be very helpful!!

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Oct 17, 17 12:41 PM
Thank's so much for the "Refresher Coarse" from a Not so new Castle Member! Those,..."What the Heck do I do Now?"... ...Moments I am afraid, are coming more and more frequently these days...But with such wonderful Friends as we have here in the Forum, I receive my "Answers".....then continue having loads of fun just plodding along with the Game....You Guys are the very BEST you know!

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Oct 17, 17 1:10 PM
All,

Many thanks to bfgIlinata!

If anyone has any suggestions to make for changes to the initial posts (since those are what everyone will see first), let me know! I'll also update once the event starts if there are any changes to the seasonal event play.

Astra

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 17, 17 1:21 PM
Astra02 wrote:All,

Many thanks to bfgIlinata!

If anyone has any suggestions to make for changes to the initial posts (since those are what everyone will see first), let me know! I'll also update once the event starts if there are any changes to the seasonal event play.

Astra
The second post talks about the seasonal private rooms..... perhaps a mention that we currently have no Fall room. (sigh, sigh, megasigh!)

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Oct 17, 17 1:35 PM
Annelliegram,

I just now saw your post, and I'll add it. I've also just added the trading children, which were new last fall and didn't get added later.

Astra

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 20, 17 9:11 AM
I scanned through this thread (and I might have missed it, but it bears repeating even if it was there now that the Fall event has started):

Strategy for Collecting Ghosts and Pet Ingredients

As is typical, new pets were introduced with the fall event. Most of the "ingredients" are from last year's items, but for each pet, there is a new inventory item (Fur Ball for Halloween Guinea Pig and Glowing Mixture for Hounder).

The 2 new ingredients come from the Daily Quests .... one of them, a pet medallion, and a pumpkin (plus 100 coins) will be the reward for DQ completion. The bird claw, black feather, candle end, frame, pilgrim hat, rabbit paw, spider mark, swamp spark, and toad stone come from the chests you receive at the completion of the DQ. .... sometimes, you also get a ghost trap from the completion chest.

While it is tempting to start collecting the ghosts immediately .... selecting which ever one comes across the screen, that can eat up a bunch of ghost traps. Soooooo, when starting the event ..... especially when needing many of the pet ingredients ..... I find it best to limit myself to ghost collecting only of the kinds and number that are requested in the current DQ.

I start in the Tavern .... collect the morphing pumpkins...... wait for the ghost .... select or not select depending on color and how many I have of that kind toward the amount requested in the DQ ..... then I go into each of the HOSs at that location. Then I go to the next location and follow the same procedure.

By time I have all the ghosts for the DQ, I have also gathered a smattering of different candies that will be needed for the candy DQs. Plus, I get a few ghost traps that also help with future ghost DQs.

Once I have all my pet ingredients, I generally focus on just whatever colored ghosts I still need to fulfill the "unique" requirement, and discontinue with the DQs temporarily.

When I have collected all "unique" ghosts ..... and when I have my 500 ghost total for Ghost Hunter achievement .... then I make my decision as to whether I think it is best to continue with the DQs or just continue to go to the HOSs ....

Just some thoughts on how I have managed to get each of the unique ghosts in the past without having to purchase a bunch of ghost traps or trade a bunch of candy with the kiddos.

Edited on 10/20/2017 at 9:34:26 AM PST

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 21, 17 12:16 PM
Two questions: what happens to all the pumpkins I am collecting??

What happens to the extra ghosts? I have 5 of some

SammyJah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SammyJah on Oct 21, 17 6:13 PM
The pumpkins are used in the crafting of pets. I have no idea about extra ghosts sorry.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Oct 21, 17 6:20 PM
volzhi wrote:Two questions: what happens to all the pumpkins I am collecting??

What happens to the extra ghosts? I have 5 of some

all ghosts go into your ghost album collection... these can not be bought, sold, gifted, or disenchanted.... they just sit there as "dust collectors" that you, fortunately, don't have to actually dust....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 21, 17 8:51 PM
In addition to pumpkins needed to craft pets ..... there is an achievement associated with their collection:

Halloween
1. Find 100 pumpkins – 3 diamonds
2. Find 500 pumpkins – Witch (avatar)
3. Find 2000 pumpkins – All Hallows Jack (avatar)

You do not need to have 2000 in inventory....it is merely to have collected that many....hence, many players put pumpkins on their wish list and they swap one pumpkin with one or more people to get credit for the achievement.....every time you "get" one --- whether gifted, by DQ completion, or by morphing pumpkin collection (5 of the morphs = 1 pumpkin) ...... they all count toward the number required for the achievement.

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 22, 17 8:06 AM
As usual thank you Annelliegram. You know so much

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 23, 17 9:59 PM
Where is the tally of your pumpkins kept? How can I find home many I have collected?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 23, 17 10:10 PM
volzhi wrote:Where is the tally of your pumpkins kept? How can I find home many I have collected?
Your pumpkins, as well as the other seasonal event items, will all be on the Events icon/tab of your Inventory list ..... it is the one between the airship blimp and the amulet icons at the end of the list.

The pumpkins you see in this location are the ones received from DQ completion and from collecting 5 of the morphing pumpkins.......the morphing pumpkins are not counted or documented anywhere. ....... you most times will receive a pumpkin when gathering 5 of the morphing pumpkins ..... however, you might also receive a 20 coin bundle or a diamond when collecting them.

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 29, 17 8:37 AM
One more question for your brilliant mind. Where do all those avatars come from? I think I got one as a reward but when I clicked on it to get it, it flew away and now I don't know where it is. I have looked around near my portrait and I don't see any of the wonderful masks that I am seeing on my friends.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 29, 17 10:22 AM
Volzhi..........upper left hand corner........click on your avatar......then click on the little pencil by your avatar.......brings up all the avatars.......the ones you can use have a small check mark under them.

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Oct 29, 17 3:56 PM
Thank you. I didn't realize the little secret about the check and the lock. I have changed my looks to something more appropriate.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 21, 17 8:41 PM
Surprised there is no mention here yet of the fabulous,
NEW TO WINTER EVENT 2017: Christmas Private Room #2

Features 3 Hidden Object Scenes in every friends' private room...that is, IF your friends have their Christmas Room # 2 on display.

Merry Christmas!

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 9:26:04 PM PST

Go to: