Re:Post any Island: The Lost Medallion technical issues here only

[Post New]by dottyj on Apr 3, 10 7:18 PM
I have rarely had problems with BFG until the new Titantic game and now the Lost Medallion game. I get "Error: Access Violation @0x02D1EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated". I am running Windows 7. If every game is going to give me problems now, I will have to quit my membership and I don't want to do that. Can't you fix these problems so people can play without problems?

je11ybean
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by je11ybean on Apr 5, 10 3:24 AM
Please, is this going to be sorted soon? All other BFG games work fine, what's wrong with this one? Since so many people are having problems there must be something wrong with the game surely! If it can't be sorted, how do we go about getting our money refunded?

Have purchased over 150 games and love BFG site. Please can someone do something!!!!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 6, 10 1:27 AM
THIS GAME WILL NOT OPEN. I have downloaded the DEMO twice - two days apart and get the same thing:

The Game Manager says that another game is running - to shut down the other game or, if the game is not responding, to restart my computer.

No other game was running. Rebooting didn't help either.

First time I 've had this kind of problem.

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Apr 6, 10 11:58 AM
Same thing for me Annie Oakley.....it says another game is running.

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on Apr 17, 10 3:17 PM
Chapter 4 - the screwdriver will not unscrew the three screws on the steering wheel, You even get an error message within the software, telling you that trying to undo the screws will not work. BUT this is what it TELLS you to do in the walkthrough. I am not the only person with this problem - see other BF forums. I am running XP Pro latest SP and upgrades.

Please advise solution.

[Post New]by nina58 on Apr 20, 10 1:20 PM
starkops wrote:I got a black screen too.

Have downloaded and redownloaded several times.

during other attempts, I got the "Error: Access violation at 0x0264EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated." message.

I HAVE WINVISTA TOO AND I GET START GAME THIS WAY GO TO START BUTTOM IN WINDOWS , IN SEARCH WRITE MSCONFIG. AND DESABLE LOAD START ITENS

[Post New]by nina58 on Apr 20, 10 1:21 PM
TerryMann wrote:I had a few problems, I too have Windows Vista. Error Violation would come out on some of the games. I went and downloaded this game for you, to check and see if anything would come up, just to let you know everything worked fine. Not that I am keeping the game- just wanted to see if I could help you out. The only thing I can recommend is reaching Customer Service, they are very helpful. A person by the name of Greg in Seattle, has helped me in the past, he helped me install Dr. Felix. He was very nice and problems with any of my games, everything seems to be working fine now. Good Luck.... TMann

I HAVE WINVISTA TOO AND I GET START GAME THIS WAY GO TO START BUTTOM IN WINDOWS , IN SEARCH WRITE MSCONFIG. AND DESABLE LOAD START ITENS

[Post New]by onlygames on May 11, 10 8:12 AM
I have tried to switch players and get an errors violation. This is inconvenient due to the fact several of us play this game and we can't keep our games separate. Don't know how to fix this.

[Post New]by rhodas on May 13, 10 2:10 PM
Can't find one small piece of paper in the library for the paper the owl is holding.and can't go further. It's small, round, black with some gold around it. Anyone got a suggestion? Help!!

nmeyer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nmeyer on May 15, 10 9:11 AM
Chapter 15. I'm stuck there as well. All jugs are in place... did 1 mini game... then it froze. Went back in and I only have the hammer left. Something about knocking down wall. It won't do anything!!! Any fixes? I removed and Downloaded game 2 X.

LilyCathy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCathy on May 21, 10 1:47 AM
game generates errors on Vista

twin_mom
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by twin_mom on May 27, 10 7:03 PM
Not getting any errors messages. The game just doesn't start when I click on "Play Now". Also on Vista

[Post New]by jerdmann on Sep 30, 13 6:54 PM
starlightsaffron wrote:chapter 15. It seems to be stuck! I placed all the vases and filled with water, and I am pretty sure I had just started the light sequence bit with the vases when I had to sign out of the game to go out.

Now when I go back I can't do anything! Clicking on back left vase I get the guy at the top saying 'something used to be standing here' which is what it was saying before the vases were found, completed and placed. All vases are in place!

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppp please! I don't want to have to start again

I have exactly this same problem. Filled the vases with water, did the mini game, and it took me back to the same screen instead of moving on. All I get is the guy saying "something used to be standing here" if I click on the vases, and "Looks like fresh water" if I click on the water. There is nothing currently in my inventory, and no way to go forward or back. Thank you for any info.

Go to: