tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Island: The Lost Medallion

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Mar 28, 10 12:52 PM
Another great game on sale. Absolutely fabulous graphics, worth playing just for those. Thanks again BF.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Mar 28, 10 12:54 PM
I hear what you are saying puzzledone. Sometimes I notice a difference in scale and clarity and sometimes not. I tend to be a bit on the obsessive side and once I begin to focus on those black stripes on the sides I cannot concentrate on playing the game. Same thing with sparkles to help with hidden object scenes. If they are going to constantly sparkle until I pick up the item it is a "no buy" for me. Might as well just push a button and have everything come off the screen at once without much input from me lol.

I have not seen much degradation so far in this game for going to the wider screen, so hopefully it stays that way. If I have to go back up to 1440-900 I will have to take nerve pills to stop looking at the black lines hehehe.

Corie

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 28, 10 1:28 PM
Corie60 wrote:I really enjoy this game but for some reason it does not cover the entire screen of my laptop. There are two black areas on each side of the game. I have had this before and I could change my resolution and the game would then cover the 17" screen. I have tried every resolution at my disposal and no luck.

A shame because I would really like to play this game as it is a little bit different and the graphics are excellent. Anyone else having the screen issue and perhaps resolved it someway?

Corie

P.S. Except for this one drawback this game is quite enjoyable.

This sounds to me like a typical wide-screen issue where the game just wasn't made to fit a wide screen. That shouldn't take away from the game though because you're still seeing the entire game picture....it's just not quite as wide as your screen is.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Mar 28, 10 1:35 PM
This game has all the features that I would normally love (FROG & IHOG freak!). But, I found the scenes not very "crisp" (clear, clean graphics). For that reason, it's a "No" for me.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 28, 10 3:25 PM
On the fence. I like the music, the artwork is nice. But there are soooooo many teeny-tiny things to find - bits and pieces as well as regular hidden objects. I'm afraid there was too much HOG and not enough Interactive for my taste. Not very hard to figure out what to do, and I used no tutorials, and didn't even look at the journal.

Maybe with a free coupon, and then again, maybe I will wait for it to be a DD or a Steals and Deals. I can't see spending full price for it, for sure. Just not that much fun for me, though I'd like to see how it ends, and why they took the girl and left the medallion...

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 28, 10 3:32 PM
Well, if it's any consolation phatkhat, I just finished the game and am none the wiser - except I think the baddies were just following them (ie you) to lead them to the treasure.

It's a fun game, not too demanding, didn't need many hints, puzzles quite easy, but just the thing for a wet Sunday afternoon.

Glad I bought it at the sale price, but don't expect to play it again.

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on Mar 28, 10 3:36 PM
I really like this game - I was going to wait and buy it next month with one of my punch card credits, but the demo just ran out, and I cannot wait that long to finish. Not to hard for an amatuer like me - nice graphics - hints charge up quickly - I don't like all the puzzles, but so far there have been some I really enjoy. Well, now that I own the game, I am off to play some more.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Mar 28, 10 7:18 PM
I just played 40min and it was enough for me.
It is a nice game if you like lots of hidden objects and the mini puzzles are easy. I can tell if I'm attracted to a game when I keep playing till the demo time is over and I want to play more. That didn't happen this time so it is not for me.
Nouni

Astina
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astina on Mar 28, 10 8:36 PM
I really liked the game but this is the first game from BF in 4 years that won't cover the screen. I have a 24in widescreen any ideas? I really would like to buy it. Well dummy me after reading some more on the posts I changed the resolution. Learned something tonight!

Edited on 03/28/2010 at 9:38:31 PM PST

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

Trouble with Hints

[Post New]by October7 on Mar 28, 10 9:46 PM
I am only on the first scene and have to find the last piece of CD and the safe handle. The hint button only tells me I have to find these two pieces. I already know that but it isn't telling me where to find them. I will lose my 60mins trial trying to find them. Is there a Walk through for this game. Many thans

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Mar 28, 10 11:01 PM
Am sure many may like this one. But not for me. It's got an interesting story line, the graphics are fine, nothing exceptional, at least they aren't blurry or fuzzy, so good on that part. But the hidden object scenes are way to cluttered for my taste and the items are too small as well. The music I can also do without. Because of the cluttered scenes and small objects, I had to delete this within 15 minutes into the demo. Oh well. For those who like it, enjoy! Glad it's something you were able to get during the spring fever promotion.

Const_happy
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Trouble with Hints

[Post New]by Const_happy on Mar 29, 10 12:38 AM
October7 wrote:I am only on the first scene and have to find the last piece of CD and the safe handle. The hint button only tells me I have to find these two pieces. I already know that but it isn't telling me where to find them. I will lose my 60mins trial trying to find them. Is there a Walk through for this game. Many thans

You are to use hint button, then click on the safe handle area in the menu list - it will show you the sparkles around the item. When you assemble the handle use it on the safe together with keypad and inside there is a CD
Good luck!

[Post New]by Brendajohn on Mar 29, 10 2:30 AM
it runs okay on windows 7 and 64bits

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Mar 29, 10 2:46 AM
yes love the game going to buy it now have come up with some great games just latley it is hard to know what to buy got to get more money in bank lol for all the good games to all besstan

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Mar 29, 10 3:30 AM
I enjoyed this game very much.

Pros: I liked the music, which was kinda restful and easy to listen to and I thought the graphics were beautiful - really colourful and interesting. I'm not a great lover of fragment searches, but it wasn't too bad and I thought the hidden object scenes were really good. Great animations and comic strip style narration - again colourful and attractive. Hint recharged quite quickly.

Cons: While the story was good, the dialogue was a bit silly at times.
When you mark off the items on the hidden object scenes, they stay there, and fade only slightly, so sometimes I was looking for things I had already found - would be better if the items disappeared, or became much more faint.

Other than that - thoroughly enjoyed it. Worth the money!

Edited on 03/29/2010 at 3:31:11 AM PST

[Post New]by Mellyo385 on Mar 29, 10 6:53 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I am enjoying this game...yes, some items are really small, and a challenge to find, but the hints are available, and so far I haven't had to beg for a walkthrough, lol. I can't wait to get back to it. It is paced well enough to suit my mind at the moment. I have several games that I am playing just a bit at a time as they just aren't distracting enough. For those who know what is going on in my life at the moment, you will understand, lol. Sometimes a game that you can get totally involved in just isn't the one you need at that moment, yet this one is perfect for me right now. Thanks BF, once again.

use the coin

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Mar 29, 10 7:46 AM
Dang....couldn't they have made the object a little smaller? LOL

[Post New]by AzredheadedBrat on Mar 29, 10 8:13 AM
I normally read reviews before purchasing a game to find out how long it is, etc... but I didnt this time around. While the game was a lot of fun, a good mixture of puzzles, object placement (which I love), and hidden objects, it was also extremely short in my opinion. Its always a disappointment to really get into a game and then *poof* its over. Oh well, it helped me earn a freebie so I wont complain too much AND I only paid $4 something... that much I love

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 29, 10 8:50 AM
I got to beta this game awhile back and loved it! I've been waiting for it to come out and was VERY pleasantly surprised yesterday to find it as the TGT. I had no technical problems with the beta so I deleted the beta and downloaded the demo to make sure there were still no problems. There weren't, and I purchased immediately. SO GLAD that it came out during the spring sale!!

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Mar 29, 10 9:40 AM
I really enjoyed this game, it has everything I like in a Adventure/HOG. It's not quite as classy as the Ravenhurst series, but entertaing all the same. If I had to say anything negative at all, it would be that it was a tad too short. After having purchased the game after the hour demo, I only got about an hour and fifteen mins further play before the game ended.

Go to: