KAREENA
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for 'The Fateful Voyage - Titanic'

[Post New]by KAREENA on Mar 29, 10 2:12 PM
I spent more time clicking the hint button than i like to. I agree with poodlebear.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Mar 29, 10 2:20 PM
I really wanted to like this game, but unfortunately for me I just did not. Too much dialogue, running around and trying to figure out what to do (or not) as the case may be. The hint system was OK, but like Poodle said, not very helpful. I found the game really grating on my nerves and no fun at all.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Mar 29, 10 2:58 PM
GoveGirl wrote:
joyce2121 wrote:
GoveGirl wrote:This is a very well made game with nice graphics, good voice acting and a variety of things to do- as well as normal HOG search screens there are interactive and straight puzzles, adventure elements with going from place to place and the story is intriguing to follow.

It can be a bit frustrating at times to figure what to do next- the hint system does help you move along for the most part.

A good pick up for spring fever

Didn't Spring Fever end yesterday?

I typed in springfever and it accepted the code so I paid $4.89
That was a couple of hours ago though - you can try it - last time they had the sale the code worked for a couple extra days than advertised.

Thank you GoveGirl for speaking up about springfever. I never would have thought to type it in. You never know right? So I did get this game at a lower price.

I agree with you joyce2121 well said.
I am enjoying the straightforwardness of it. It's easy going. It makes my brain work in a way that I don't usually work it with other HOG/ADV games. I am not very good at LFG so this is kind of an easy way for me to start out. Lots of help..

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Mar 29, 10 3:12 PM
I found this game to be disappointing. When I looked at the "Streaming" video before downloading, I thought I'd really like it because I love going on cruises and being at sea. I also really enjoy IHOG's and adventure games. But the story line didn't spark my interest. I was so bored with it that I only played about half of the demo before bailing out. Guess I've just been spoiled by the array of really great Big Fish games I've purchased and enjoyed recently. Thanks, Big Fish, for providing a wide variety of games from which to select. That means today's game pleases some other fishies and tomorrow's game might please me.

Classicaljazz

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Mar 29, 10 3:43 PM
I too have to agree with Poodlebear (who's reviews I always find very helpful). I usually enjoy this type of game but this one didn't do for me. I also (like Poodlebear) didn't like there were no instructions or hints as to how to play to the mini-games, only the option to skip it.

And also, as Kareena stated I spent much more time clicking the hint button more than anything else.

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by donamae222 on Mar 29, 10 3:49 PM
What a STUPID game! I made it thru the demo half way & that was it. Dumped to the gabage bin. Had no clue what to do next, where to go, what my goals were, and when there was finally a HOG it was so simple my lilttle dog could figure it out.
So...
I just finished Briar Rose, which I LOVED! Before that played Millenium, Emerald curse, also LOVED. And Vampireville, another super game, so, as you can see, I'm not so hard to please.

But this one is a dud. Big time.

I remember way back when, there was another Titanic game, if I remember right I really enjoyed it. The oxygen ran out....must check back & play again.

Thanks for listening fellow fishies.

xx
\

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Mar 29, 10 3:51 PM
The love/hate relationship we have with this game is so striking. I'm a ''lover'' and wanted to reassure players this is not a short game. As another poster noted, it has 17 chapters and a bonus chapter at the end. As the game progresses it feels more and more like a large file adventure with a sprinkling of HOG's to break it up and reward you with items. The game has a good number of puzzles, good variety, some very clever. I especially enjoyed how the girl lured the doctor out of the ship's hospital.

I'm thrilled to be walking through so many of the Titanic's public areas including the first class dining room, the Turkish baths and swimming baths, wheelhouse, Marconi room, staterooms, parlors and more. Even played a little shuffleboard on the aft deck.

When fishies were saying the game was short I was so afraid the game would end abruptly with the girl getting off at Cherbourg after the short channel hop to save her life. Not at all. The chapter I'm on now begin as the sun sets on April 14th. There's a beautiful shot of the ship sailing into the blackness of night leaving a dark red sky behind. The Titanic and our heroine sail toward the Newfoundland Banks and destiny. Can't wait to see what happens.

Most hate the game but there's an awful lot to love.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 29, 10 4:36 PM
I have played the demo and I think I'm going to buy this one. It is not perfect, but I really enjoy games where you need to think things through to get to the next step. I sincerely wish they had given us the ability to use a hint to help with the puzzles; I do not like the "all or nothing" situation of either beating your head against a wall to figure it out or skipping it entirely. (The card game in Chapter 4 is a great example.) I do like the ability to adjust brightness from the "Options" menu; that means that we do not have to tinker with our monitor settings. The voice acting is good, and the English is correct. (Hooray!) The developers even did a good job with the cockney dialect for the little boy, George. There appears to be a very good amount of playing time; at least for me, because I am only partly finished with Chapter 4 at the end of the demo. All in all, I think it is rather good.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Mar 29, 10 4:37 PM
What a convoluted stupid game. After 10 minutes, I was rooting for the ice berg!
All the characters deserve to die!!!!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 29, 10 5:34 PM

All the characters deserve to die!!!!

Boy right before Easter...That's awfully Harsh ..Don't think thats the best way to vent your dislike for a GAME ....

Save the die !!!.... for your hard boiled eggs .. :

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Mar 29, 10 5:43 PM
Thistle809, there's a walkthrough for the game. I don't have the URL at my fingertips but a Google search will bring it up. I used it for the card game which I couldn't begin to solve and once when I exhausted all options (so I thought) and had no where to go. It was something I'd never think of in a million years so it really helped.

[Post New]by cgrcowboy on Mar 29, 10 6:03 PM
I loved this game, as someone who is interested in all things Titanic. The graphics are very true to the actual ship. I was even pleasantly surprised that the Captain, officers, and crew actually look like their real counterparts. Someone took some time to try and recreate the Titanic.. I don't think the story etc, is any more illogical than any other game. I did get stuck a couple times, but it was my own fault for not thinking the problem through enough.

[Post New]by evenfurtheraway on Mar 29, 10 6:17 PM
This game is great, IMO a step up from the countless, thoughtless HOGs clogging up the pipes. True, things aren't spoon fed to you, but most of the puzzles - with a couple of exceptions - had logical and well-thought out conclusions.

And BossBrat, trading cards in cigarette packets were actually VERY common in the early 20th century. They usually featured actors or sports figures.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 29, 10 7:47 PM
Lauralei wrote:Thistle809, there's a walkthrough for the game. I don't have the URL at my fingertips but a Google search will bring it up. I used it for the card game which I couldn't begin to solve and once when I exhausted all options (so I thought) and had no where to go. It was something I'd never think of in a million years so it really helped.

I apologize for not making myself clear; BFG has the walkthrough, but I try not to resort to it before I absolutely must. It is just so much nicer when the game allows hints to be used in the mini-games, because sometimes you see more than you want when you refer to the walkthrough. A hint usually will give you just enough of a slight nudge in the right direction, without revealing too much.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Mar 29, 10 8:10 PM
So far I like it okay, it's not the best game ever but it's not bad

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Mar 29, 10 8:24 PM
I played it through and like it, nice game and will play the other ending next time.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Mar 29, 10 10:14 PM
I don't know what is wrong with this game. If you describe it in words, it will be nice but it is not. I was able to hold for 30min and I start to get nervous . It is definitely not for me.
Nouni

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on Mar 29, 10 11:13 PM
I played about 30 minutes of the trial of this and bought it. Not been back to it yet, I went a bit overboard with Spring Fever, but I really enjoyed what I played.

It's more of an adventure game, and it has some niggles - like a lack of direction, and some things not being clear. But that is pretty standard fare for adventure game titles. Just wasn't used to it in a IHOG, but then this game is more Adventure with HOG mini games, than an IHOG.

I really dislike the husband so far but the main character is likeable. I query the person who said they were australian accents, I definitely heard English accents.

I'm hoping this game keeps going as strong as it started, it's a good title.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Mar 30, 10 6:18 AM
I TRIED to like--really I did.
Good crisp graphics
But it was befuddling on what I was suppose to do & where to go next--I was dissappointed to say the least.
To me, this is why I love BFG, I can trial it for an hour (or less as in some cases) & then delete out of my inventory.

[Post New]by Jeanne2072 on Mar 30, 10 7:09 AM
Even when I don't care for a game, I make it through the demo. That was not the case here. I have never been so frustrated with a game. I deleted it after 20 minutes.

Go to: