Brackenlady
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Clutter VI: Leigh's Story here.

[Post New]by Brackenlady on Nov 28, 16 11:35 AM
Hi Joe

Many thanks for your reply and explanation. I guess we are all subject to the vagaries of microsoft.

I will look forward to playing the game in due course once the issue is resolved. Meanwhile thank you for all the enjoyment I have had playing the clutter games before I switched to windows 10.

(Oh and unlike some I loved the treadmill games....!!)

[Post New]by abengalcatlover on Dec 27, 16 3:42 AM
Lock up on bonus level 9 another game that doesn't work right and of course says update on here but it is locked on dec 12. I have a mac and this is the 2nd game supposed updates for but nothing on my game manager again. I wrote tech help the other day about other game not working. Same old same old send file do this do that. I have been buying games from here for YEARS so don't need the same response on how to fix my games or comuter when it's not on my end. Rescue team six still has issues and they made it worse after the fix and you see it on the forums site saying so but no it's on my end. Come on big fish helpers you use to actually help us out. I want my games to play.... Bad enough mac doesnt have half the games pc does so we get far and few toms and fun games just all ce's. Well I cn't afford ce's all the time and am quite frankly sick of them. I have well over 300 games maybe more but not buying lately due to them not playing up to a certain point. Some of us are on a fixed income so need to spend wisely and games that don't work even after supposed fixed is just wrong. Oh yeah and everytime you update I lose more and more games I loved to play since they won't work afterwards. Hundreds of dollars spent and can't play my old pc or now mac games.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Dec 27, 16 8:23 PM
MacBook Pro, OS Mavericks.

WILL NOT OPEN. Another useless anchor of a game dragging the level of quality of Big Fish Games down.

This is two in a week, guys. TWO NON-FUNCTIONING GAMES.

r813
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by r813 on Dec 28, 16 4:01 AM
After the game is downloaded a small, blue rectangular box appears in the center of the screen that says "out of range" and does not disappear until the game is closed. I've deleted the program and reinstalled, but the box still appears. I have tons of other Big Fish games and have never before seen this.

[Post New]by mephistopholes on Dec 28, 16 8:59 AM
I'm having trouble with this game, random freezing happens during gameplay which means I have to turn off my laptop as nothing else works. I'm using a three year old MacBook Pro Retina running OSX El Capitan. This didn't happen with previous versions of Clutter, a game I really enjoy.

18891reed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 18891reed on Dec 30, 16 10:30 AM
I played the game about an hour and was doing fine then the game went to a blue screen. I had to turn compter off to get out. When I went to go back in and found it had uninstalled. It happen every time I tried it. I have a Mac. I reported it to custmer service and they came back and gave me a new game. I sure would like to have this game. does anyone alse with a Mac have this trouble

[Post New]by clackers on Dec 30, 16 8:52 PM
I'm using a Mac. Have downloaded the game twice, but keep having the same problem. the screen and game freezes every time I complete the bonus on level 9. I can't go any further than this freeze.

mhab
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mhab on Dec 31, 16 10:36 AM
I'm having the same problem on a Mac - keeps freezing and the only solution is to restart my computer. Then the game is gone and I have to download it again. Any chance for a refund?

Tabascocat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Tabascocat on Jan 2, 17 5:50 PM
Same problem here on MacBook Pro running OS X El Capitan. Have gotten to one bonus level. Freezes every single time at end and I have to hard shut off the computer. When I turn it back on it has uninstalled ALL my BigFish games from the BigFish Game app, not just Clutter. Real bummer because I was really enjoying the game. Never had issues with Clutter games before.

[Post New]by monxious on Jan 4, 17 2:04 PM
I'm having a similar issue, running on a Mac Pro and after a bonus level it will crash, black screen, need to cycle the power. The game is still installed when the system reboots, tho.

[Post New]by kayleighgrrrl on Jan 8, 17 8:45 AM
I don't know if JoeKazz is looking at this tech issues board, but I have the wine backtrace that I saved after the game froze at the end of bonus level 9. I am using a Mac and have run into this problem after successfully completing this level, as well as having to restart this level.

Please let me know if you want it, as it may help debug the issue. Otherwise I cannot continue with the game. Which would be a shame as I am thoroughly enjoying it!

[Post New]by ritsonfrances on Jan 8, 17 8:59 PM
BearCreekStables wrote:I downloaded game without problem. Then started game and a box comes up of which you are to click OK but cursor had disappeared never to be seen again. Had to shut off computer to get out of the game. Really would have liked to play. I have Windows10.

[Post New]by KlickityKlak on Jan 9, 17 4:31 PM
I am using a Mac Book Pro, OS X El Capitan. When I launch the game I sometime get only the cursor on a blue screen and sometimes the laptop freezes altogether and I need to reboot. I have played some, but not it freezes too often.
Thanks

Mac El Capitan Freezes with Black Screen on Level 9

[Post New]by gabardine on Jan 10, 17 2:01 PM
Clutter VI: Leigh's Story freezes on Level 9, Black and White Clutter Chaos. Can play the level, but as soon as it's completed, it it goes immediately to a black screen and it's frozen. Have to hard boot and then the game is gone, which results in a re-download, but still the game locks again.

Will any updates be coming soon to address the problems us Mac users are experiencing?

Running Mac El Capitan 10.11.6

muonquark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by muonquark on Jan 13, 17 5:27 AM
Specifically, it's the transition scene between the end of one Clutter scene and the beginning of another Clutter scene that is freezing on the Mac for me. The transitions on the other puzzles are fine. Perhaps this will help Joe.
Thanks.

[Post New]by Alittlerandr on Jan 13, 17 6:13 PM
I wish I'd read this forum before downloading this game. I too have a Mac running El Capitan. This game stops just after level 9, whether you finish or fail. The screen goes black, with only a blue cursor frozen on it.

After a force quit, I get a Program Error box with the message: "The program Clutter6.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This can be caused by a problem in Clutter VI Leigh's Story, or a deficiency in Wine, the compatibility layer which is being used to run Clutter VI Leigh's Story. Contact the makers of Clutter VI Leigh's story for help."

This is obviously not a simple install/reinstall fix. Will Big Fish Games go back to the developer and get us a fix for this? It's a huge waste of money if we can only play half of the story.

Edited on 01/13/2017 at 6:18:16 PM PST

[Post New]by napaneedlepoint on Jan 14, 17 7:36 PM
I am playing on a Mac running 10.12.2. I have had no problems with the other clutter games.

For quite awhile I had no problem here but then I started having the freezing problem. Initially it was with the quest but now it happens with mini-games as well.

It only freezes at the end of levels and I have to restart my Mac.

Then if I look in Game Manager it needs to be downloaded again (I've reinstalled several times but the same problems occur.

And I have this reinstall problem with games I have downloaded since as well.

Please help, I really was enjoying this game.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Feb 28, 17 6:23 PM
Hello all: I have a Windows computer and got the sudden black screen with the blue game cursor, that's it. I managed to get out by hitting Control/Alt/Delete keys simultaneously, then clicking once on the screen to get the regular cursor. Then clicked on the computer icon lower right to get machine to reboot. Yah, not a good thing. It's not Windows because there's no error in Event Viewer, it's inherently in the game.

Edit to add: Windows 10 64 bit v. 1607. The blue cursor has always been showing up so no need for me to manually redo resolution (what a pain, should be automatically done) but the sudden black screen/game cursor is another rather serious concern.

Edited on 03/01/2017 at 8:48:18 AM PST

Fishbait17
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Fishbait17 on Feb 28, 17 10:48 PM
I'm also playing on Macbook (OS X 10.9.5) and have the same issue of game completely locking up after Bonus Level 9 - Black and White Clutter Chaos. Game goes to black screen, large blue cursor, everything - I mean everything- on my Mac totally locked up. Thought it might be a minor error but it has happened now 6 times, every time causing me to force a shutdown and restart my laptop, sane as many others here are experiencing... And yes, every time this happens it causes issues with my entire Big Fish Games App - erasing other games i had downloaded as well..

Seeing that this issue has been known on here for about 2 months - and has not been addressed in this forum - do I have to just give up? Is anyone out there listening?? What a total waste of money and time...

[Post New]by mmcleese on Mar 3, 17 11:46 AM
game worked fine for a while Mac os x. Now it freezes every time. I have installed and uninstalled. Preferences are as they should be. I want my $9.95 back.

Go to: