Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 5 here.

[Post New]by jacqistar on Dec 4, 16 1:58 PM
cant play this game same as pita and barb black screen flickering cursor freezes everything ...... just spent one coupon on this....... windows XP

justis48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by justis48 on Dec 4, 16 3:19 PM
Thin blue line SOLUTION. I have been working with tech support and we finally came up with a solution to the thin blue line. Don't know about the flickering screen, but this fix worked. I hesitate to give any advice ... but I know how frustrating it has been

1. Open the Start menu.
2. Select File Explorer .
3. At the top of the Window, select the View tab.
4. Check the box for Hidden Items .
5. In the same window, navigate to the following location:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Casual Arts\Park Ranger 5

* USERNAME is whatever you used to install the game on the system or the profile name under which you are currently signed in on your computer. (mine popped up automatically when I copied and pasted the link)

6. In that folder you should see file(s) related to any profiles(s) you may have created earlier. Delete or move those to the trash can. (I had 3 folders and deleted the contents of all 3)

Uninstall the game and reinstall. It worked for me. Good luck!

[Post New]by CCubed on Dec 14, 16 6:46 PM
I'm experiencing a problem with the jigsaw puzzle mini games using Windows 7 Home Premium. Unless I move the pieces to the top left of screen they sometimes disappear and can't be found again. Is anyone else having this issue?

[Post New]by KrazyLady163 on Dec 16, 16 1:29 PM
I can't see the game at all, only hear the music. It will not download on my personal computer no matter what I do.
I'm using a Dell computer Windows 7
I've already deleted it on my computer and downloaded it several times. It will not download correctly and I can not play the game at all or see it.

KrazyLady163 aka Judith Smith

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Dec 19, 16 6:04 AM
I have issues with this game and Christmas Wonderland 7, I have them all and have never had any problems. While I'm playing makes this noise and it freezes. I use windows 10. I've never had any problems with others games.....

[Post New]by suzieh99 on Dec 21, 16 2:07 PM
On a MacBook Pro, using Mac OS 10.12 and cannot get a full screen. Will get a the game in 1/4 of the screen with the rest black. I play on a 27" monitor so that I can see the game better. Small window does not help me. Bought the game in November and once a week will delete my version and attempt to download again from BF site. Still the same. Frustrated. Have tried all the tech help offered by the moderators notes.

[Post New]by jmr5498 on Dec 29, 16 1:54 PM
justis48 wrote:Thin blue line SOLUTION. I have been working with tech support and we finally came up with a solution to the thin blue line. Don't know about the flickering screen, but this fix worked. I hesitate to give any advice ... but I know how frustrating it has been

1. Open the Start menu.

* USERNAME is whatever you used to install the game on the system or the profile name under which you are currently signed in on your computer. (mine popped up automatically when I copied and pasted the link)

6. In that folder you should see file(s) related to any profiles(s) you may have created earlier. Delete or move those to the trash can. (I had 3 folders and deleted the contents of all 3)

[Post New]by jmr5498 on Dec 29, 16 1:56 PM
justis48 wrote:Thin blue line SOLUTION. I have been working with tech support and we finally came up with a solution to the thin blue line. Don't know about the flickering screen, but this fix worked. I hesitate to give any advice ... but I know how frustrating it has been

1. Open the Start menu.

Excellent solution and you made it so simple, thank you justis48!
(Please excuse my double post... sorry 'bout dat.)

Edited on 12/29/2016 at 1:59:36 PM PST

[Post New]by GAMESTER3 on Jan 5, 17 3:23 PM

problems , black screen, flickering mouse pointer, sad. I use Windows XP. Big Fish games should run on any system,

[Post New]by sawsam on Jan 5, 17 9:10 PM
Ditto on black, won't open,have to alt/f4 to escape. Love the series and have had no problems with the other ones. Using XP

[Post New]by GAMESTER3 on Jan 14, 17 12:31 PM
pita1234 wrote:Won't play for me - black screen, flickering cursor, guitar music - that's it. Did all typical fixes. Windows XP.

same for me exactly. every thing is fine in my computer. so...looks like you have a problem on your end. i paid fo it, download went perfect.then nothing. i can not get in touch with a soul,at big fish. i have all of the other 4, no problems. .....
running windows xp pro./ ie chrome.

mhs19821
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Game not opening

[Post New]by mhs19821 on Jan 31, 17 4:32 PM
I am having the same issue a rbickel6. I ran a Dr. Felix report but there isn't anyway to send it to you.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Game not opening

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 31, 17 11:10 PM
mhs19821 wrote:I am having the same issue a rbickel6. I ran a Dr. Felix report but there isn't anyway to send it to you.

Click on Help at the top right of the screen. Scroll to the bottom and click Show more answers. Then click the Contact Us box on the upper right. Fill in the form and at the bottom look for Attach Documents. That's where you can upload your Dr. Felix report.

[Post New]by winchester1945 on Feb 15, 17 11:01 PM
Windows 7- Game won't allow me to do many of the tasks in blue- hat on workman, sign on bridge sign on post at main gate detour, etc. I have to quit and wait till it gets to the final screen to quit and then hit continue to make these things work. Only issue are the tasks in blue for me.

[Post New]by sd8557 on Feb 24, 17 12:17 PM
When replaying a scene the game does not allow certain functions to be done (ie., when you have to find another item to use to complete the action). It has happened in 2 scenes in a row. I am using Windows 7.

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on May 23, 17 3:44 PM
CCubed wrote:I'm experiencing a problem with the jigsaw puzzle mini games using Windows 7 Home Premium. Unless I move the pieces to the top left of screen they sometimes disappear and can't be found again. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have the same problem. Also happened with Park Ranger 4. VERY frustrating

[Post New]by SherriesMomma on Jun 14, 17 8:02 AM
Same problem with missing pieces in jigsaw. I'm using a MacBook Pro current OS. After putting in lots of enjoyable time realized there were either 6 or 7 pieces missing or they were behind the puzzle with no way to retrieve them. Finally just gave up and skipped the puzzle. Very frustrating. Also very frustrating to see people having similar problems and nothing is done to fix them. This is a series and if a problem occurred in a previous game in the series, I wouldn't expect to find the same problem in a more current one. I also have Park Ranger 6. Sure hopes it's not repeated in that. Sounds like same code being used in their games to save development time.

[Post New]by Careltje on Jul 23, 17 3:18 PM
There are two problems and I installed it just a few weeks ago so I should have the most recent version.
1. The curson provided does not work properly and I had to change to the normal one.
2. When you replay a game the task will not work - like hang the flag on the post . You have to close the game first and restart it again to be able to finish the game.

seventh
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Replaying a scene

[Post New]by seventh on Aug 18, 17 5:08 PM
When replaying a scene I can't click on some objects, nothing happens when I click on some found objects. Sometimes exiting and returning will work for some things but it won't let me go on from the scene I'm in until I exit and return and click the object. Using Windows 10

Edited on 08/18/2017 at 7:18:30 PM PST

armadillogirl
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re: NO Drag-Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 5 here.

[Post New]by armadillogirl on Sep 22, 17 5:24 PM
I just got a new computer using Windows 10. I think I'm missing something. When the game requires me to drag something it will let me drag it. But if I replay a scene it'll let me drag but it won't stay dragged to the spot it needs to go. It just goes back to where it came from. e.g. If I drag a board to the hole in the jetty to fix the jetty, the board won't stay where I put it. If I opt to quit and get back to the main screen and click 'continue' then select the same scene, it will let me place the board to fix the jetty. I've been playing the game like this (quit to menu and return to scene) and ---got to say it--it's a real drag.

Go to: