Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Photonflare on Dec 11, 16 3:57 AM
When I try to go in to the secret room it just gets black and I can't do anything...

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by kate_b on Dec 11, 16 5:45 AM
SOLVED! I came out of the game and went back in and it worked. Still, a bit annoying!!

In the bedroom by the workshop/fitting room, I have all of the caftan pattern pieces but when I go to place them on the desk it says "First I have to find them all". I have all of them!

There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do

Has anyone else had this problem (and ideally found a solution!)?

Thanks.

Edited on 12/11/2016 at 6:19:05 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Azee74 on Dec 11, 16 12:59 PM
I am unable to purchase the full edition. Screen freezes and says purchase failed.

unable to purchase the game

[Post New]by Azee74 on Dec 11, 16 1:00 PM
I keep getting a prompt with purchase failed as soon as I click on purchase

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 11, 16 2:44 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience and for continuing to provide us the details of what you are experiencing and what issues are being seen. I'd like to try to provide some troubleshooting steps for some of these issues as well as how to reach out to our Support Team should more assistance be needed beyond the forums.

For players that are seeing a display issue with the bonus game in the Mac version, the following page has steps that can help with crashes and display issues on a Mac:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For players that are seeing a crash during a specific minigame or in general, the following page of steps may be able to help resolve crashes that occur on Windows machines:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, if there seems to be an issue purchasing the game, or if more assistance is necessary, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps will work with you to see what the best next steps are and are always happy to help out.

Thank you all for your time and patience, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Kels0012 on Dec 11, 16 3:16 PM
I have a new issue that hasn't been mentioned. On PC, Windows 10. Everything worked fine (loaded fine, entered my name, etc.), but then I went to options and clicked off the special cursor option and now I can't see an arrow or mouse function. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no luck. I know it is still working as sections light up and I can then click on them and they take me there, but unable to see where I'm at navigation-wise. I will also report this to the support team. Any suggestions? Thanks!

[Post New]by sixmilecross on Dec 11, 16 5:44 PM
My game keeps freezing up on the train HOP at Abigail's house. As soon as I find everything and put the bow on the bear, it freezes up.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 12, 16 9:43 AM
No problems so far. I'm just starting the second story. Windows XP>

TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by richiebro on Dec 15, 16 12:07 AM
AFTER BUYING THE GAME, I CAN NOT SEEM TO PLAY IT, AFTER DOWNLOADING IT

[Post New]by richiebro on Dec 15, 16 1:58 AM
unable to play the game after i brought it, and after i downloaded it, it will not load after i click the "play again" button

Chrisppp
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Chrisppp on Dec 15, 16 3:29 PM
I'm running a Mac with os 10.12.1 and can't access the secret room. It says it's loading, then all I get is a black screen with the hint in the lower right corner. Anyone else?

[Post New]by MissPicky on Dec 15, 16 8:55 PM
Just finished the second story twice, and on both occasions the game has told me my profile has become corrupt and I must start the game again. I am really not keen to start it all over for the third time. Using Windows 10. This is just ridiculous.

[Post New]by painteddragonfly on Dec 15, 16 9:04 PM
Every time I go to my secret room, the game freezes up. I'm loving all the Xmas things, but they're bogging down my playtime. Frankly, I'd rather not uninstall the game, AGAIN, so I'm hoping there is a solution.

[Post New]by Milosmomma on Dec 17, 16 4:50 PM
I went into options and turned down the graphics and disabled special effects for another issue I had earlier so when it came to the marble popper, I had no problems. There's so much going on in the game, that you just have to tone down the bling.

[Post New]by birdbrain1 on Dec 23, 16 3:41 PM
I am playing the android game on my tablet. I am in Chapter 3, In Workshop. I used the key on Peter's diary but there is no HOP. I can't get the magic star without playing the HOP.

[Post New]by bonniesbigfish on Dec 24, 16 7:51 PM
Mu game freezes up on me where i have to find the 12 pair, I uninstalled it then reinstalled but it did the same in that spot, I also changed my player name and still it did it on the same part. Any clues on what can be causing it to freeze on that 1 spot ??? thanks Bonniesbigfish, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year All

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by daggy_k on Dec 26, 16 11:52 AM
vitani wrote:I can confirm that mac os x versions can run the normal game and bonus chapters without any problems. However the bonus room include in the CE will leave you with a black screen so that part is unplayable on all mac versions until a patch is released by the developer.

Add version 10.12.2 for having a black secret room.
Now Christmas is almost over, and there still is no fix for the Macs?

Additionally, I have the cursor shown as custom, but the regular icon is there too.
Something I experience with all Elephant games for several months now.
Wrote about it in the forum already, but apparently to no avail.

[Post New]by shwinch on Dec 29, 16 12:32 AM
I have just started this game and got to the part where the solvent opens the sewing machine. I tried to get the thread and the screen has frozen. I am playing on my hudl 2 and I am now unable to do anything. Tried to turn it off and won't even do that. Nothing is working except the game itself. The screen is still showing the thread. The elf is still moving but I am unable to work anything else. Please help.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Dec 29, 16 12:43 AM
I also had the freeze problem during the marble popper game. Ctrl-alt-del to Task Manager (Windows 10 w/Anniversary Update) to exit. Since there were so many other complaints about the same issue, went back in, played popper game until SKIP recharged and skipped out. Was able to complete the game and enter the Secret Room.

behindbj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by behindbj on Dec 31, 16 7:23 AM
I am having issues with the cursor disappearing, map icons changing (as in, the rainbow snowflake that shows available actions sometimes looks like a golf flag instead) and with my inventory becoming all lined out and scrambled (and even missing). I am playing on a Windows 10 laptop.

Go to: