sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon

[Post New]by sunny64 on Apr 1, 10 7:34 PM
I just bought without trying the demo and after reading the reviews and scanning the walk though. I also like the Treasure Seekers series and the wonderful graphics. I enjoy playing a key series and like the fact that you can't fill one ring sometimes without completing others. Although most items are out in the open, there always seems to be one that is hard to spot.

Another enjoyable game by Artogon. Thanks Big Fish.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon

[Post New]by samwise50 on Apr 1, 10 7:39 PM
meisie99 wrote:I don't like straight HOGS anymore.... except this one. I love ARTOGON games! I love the graphics, the cut scenes, the pleasant background music and the pop up circles for items to find. I particularly liked that not all the objects in a circle pop up at once. When you find one, another to find is added. And Marty is just icing on the cake!

This is a relaxing beautiful way to spend an afternoon. Definitely a buy for me.

I'm with you 100% meisie99. I love this one even more than the first one. Artogon is one of the best in terms of graphics. I love everything about that game. Hummm, maybe not everything. If Nicole's has a little less attitude, it would be close to perfection.

Good job Artagon!

A buy for me, definitely

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 1, 10 9:51 PM
I really like this game! I liked the first one, too, but I don't remember just how it went since I haven't played it for quite awhile. I like the Treasure Seekers series, too. They are similar in game play as this one. I really enjoy the key series and finding the objects pictured in each one of the circles. I haven't quite finished the trial but this is a buy for me!! I give it out of five.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Apr 1, 10 10:27 PM
I beta tested this game and had such high hopes for it. Sure was a big disappointment. I played fifteen minutes of it, didn't like it, uninstalled it.

Astina
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astina on Apr 1, 10 10:55 PM
I'm in the minority, I liked the game and thought it was was different than a lot of the games that we've been playing. Anyway I bought it.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Apr 2, 10 1:56 AM
This one is interactive, hidden objects with expanding rings. I dont really care for the expanding rings type games, but I stuck with it as one thing led you to another. It has beautiful scenes and nice artwork, but my big pet peeve......tiny objects. It was easy with my only challenge being the small objects. The hints seemed to take awhile to reload or maybe that was because i was using so many for the small objects. The story held my interest. You can click to advance or skip the story. I did enjoy looking in baskets, drawers etc. to find things and the ones that needed to be repaired.

I took a peek at the walk through, big disappointment that I got through 1/3 of the entire game in the 1 hr., so maybe I'll buy when it's a DD.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Apr 2, 10 4:36 AM
samwise50 wrote:
meisie99 wrote:I don't like straight HOGS anymore.... except this one. I love ARTOGON games! I love the graphics, the cut scenes, the pleasant background music and the pop up circles for items to find. I particularly liked that not all the objects in a circle pop up at once. When you find one, another to find is added. And Marty is just icing on the cake!

This is a relaxing beautiful way to spend an afternoon. Definitely a buy for me.

I'm with you 100% meisie99. I love this one even more than the first one. Artogon is one of the best in terms of graphics. I love everything about that game. Hummm, maybe not everything. If Nicole's has a little less attitude, it would be close to perfection.

Good job Artagon!

A buy for me, definitely

I agree 100% Their graphics are STUNNING!!! I loved Igor. He was funny. Even though this is more of a traditional hidden-object game, it's also very unique in its structure. I enjoyed the music and the cut scenes, also.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 2, 10 5:01 AM
Wow! So many negative comments!! I hope the game developers also pay attention to those of us who love this style of game. I haven't even played the whole demo yet but loved the first installment of Crystal Portal and bought this. Plus, right on the heels of the new Treasure Seekers!! This player is giddy and in IHOG heaven. I hope they bring on new installments of both of these series and don't change the game play style in any way. (Although I do like the new little touches in the new Crystal Portal). It's a rainy, windy, stay-in day here in my city and I am off to play and enjoy! Also, an early Happy Easter to all of you!!

Oh, I almost forgot... what a laugh riot to see Marty Feldman is Igor!! Great touch!!! LOL

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 5:03:17 AM PST

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 2, 10 6:47 AM
I agree with the majority. Bored silly with this one. No buy...

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Apr 2, 10 6:48 AM
GOOD: Graphics are crisp
Storyline: decent--adult girl looking for "lost" father--
I-Gor: our humour factor for those of us over 30ish
At first I was frustrated, but as I played the full hour I found you can get into the groove of it. An easy game those stressful moments..
buy it? I personally am on the fence...I would like to see more & will look at other sites for reviews--Poobear is usually on the mark, but I think this is a good replayable game--
yes the bubble to a bubble can be frustrating-but it's A GAME-a distraction. That is a deciding factor for me. Can I playit over & again (think Zenerchi here) or is it a one shot deal & maybe re DL it next year?
Currently we will wait & see

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Apr 2, 10 10:24 AM
Geez........why do I have to find 5 objects just to pick up a freakin' towel?????
Boring, boring, stupid, game. And so long to load. Just plain bad. Only kudo is the Marty Feldman Igor (Eye-gore).

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Apr 2, 10 12:41 PM
I loved the first game and I loved this one! The only thing I didn't like is that it was over way too fast for me. Not that it was a short game but I was enjoying it so much I didn't want it to end!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Apr 2, 10 2:55 PM
I just bought it. I can't help it but I like that kind of games. Different in all matters. The developers put a lot of work into this game. The graphics are sooooooo beautiful. A little different from the previous one, a bit more challenging. Anyway I love to be able to just enjoy the artwork, story, and play at my own pace without getting penalized. I like to do that every so often.
Artagon and thank you

[Post New]by MalteseBaby on Apr 2, 10 4:35 PM
I bought it too. First of all, because the first game in the series, The Crystal Portal, has poignant personal memories for me. I played the game almost all night one night to keep from worrying so much about a family member's illness which I had no control over.
It is a very good game to keep me involved that long.

About the new release " Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon", specifically:
I love the graphics and the bubble multi- HOG interaction in this and the other Artogon games I have played- the Treasure Seeker series of 3.games to date. Sometimes, I try to see how many bubbles I can open in one scene just for the fun of it. Perverse, I know. .
I think that some people may be frustrated with the bubble multi-find approach in the newer " Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon" because so many more bubble HOGs are in the beginning of this game compared to the first one while the 1 hour trial period is being played. If most people are like me, they want to play as much on different game screens as possible, and I felt like the bubble muitl- HOGs were in the way. I wanted to rush through them in the trial period.

After I purchased the game, the multi item HOG bubbles are simply part of the gameplay. There is no rush to get from point A to point C. I appreciate that the main theme of the games are the separated daughter and father trying to find
each other, which began in the first game and is continued in this one..

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 4:38:34 PM PST

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Apr 2, 10 6:36 PM
A so-so game. Not bad, not good. Finished it quickly. I did not like the sparks indicating an object you have difficulty finding. What is the hint button for, then? I will probably buy the third in the series. Hope they make it a little more difficult.

wicketbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Igor aka Marty Feldman

[Post New]by wicketbird on Apr 2, 10 11:26 PM
Baybear wrote:Anyway it's nice to see Marty Feldman back again...

Baybear, isn't it great to have I-gor giving out the hints? When he popped up at the beginning I laughed so loud I almost woke my hubby I'm wavering about whether I want to buy, but Marty may just be what pushes me to hit the "buy" button.

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Apr 2, 10 11:45 PM
I regret buying this game.

Enjoyed the demo and i liked the Treasure Seekers games so I (wrongly) assumed The Crystal Portal would be as good. NOT! I am so flippin' bored by opening up circle after circle....thats all that there is to this game. I think the only slight appearance of what could be called a mini game was the jigsaw puzzle. After that, nada.

Boring! Wasted my money

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 3, 10 4:37 AM
Love it and bought it after 5 mins demo time. The graphics are excellent and I just enjoy looking at them all without having to rush through the game. Very pleased with it and so glad I had a credit free.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 3, 10 10:18 AM
Marty Feldman/"Eye-gor" LIVES!!!!

Const_happy
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Const_happy on Apr 3, 10 10:23 AM
I played just two levels and closed the game. On my personal opinion it was very boring. And collected objects are not connected with the goal, totally. It's ok in classical hidden object levels but when you are to find just 5 items to switch off the fan, including rhino it's a bit confusing.
It's not for me, but I see people like it. Good gaming for all.

Edited on 04/03/2010 at 10:24:15 AM PST

Go to: