Expert Level

evajaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Expert Level

[Post New]by evajaye on Jan 23, 17 5:48 AM
Level 74 is giving me hastle now any advice.

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Jan 25, 17 9:49 AM
Thank you SynthpopAddict and skpjazz for inspiration to complete level 120. Finished with 714 stars and a total score of 9,539,740. Now I can move on to another game.

Edited on 01/25/2017 at 10:00:22 AM PST

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Jan 25, 17 9:53 AM
evajaye wrote:Level 74 is giving me hastle now any advice.

When you create the wheels, make sure they are in place to eventually ring the bell. The jewel you click on in the group is where the wheel will form.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 25, 17 11:39 AM
Awesome job rainbowtree! Huge congratulations on beating the dreaded expert 120!

grimfold
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by grimfold on Feb 19, 17 4:03 PM
Wow! Everyone talks about expert level 120 and how hard it is. I am trying to get passed expert level 64 and have been trying for weeks! I know it is a matter of luck as well as skill. Eventually I might crack it. Some of the expert levels were comparatively easy, but level 64 is a doozy. Easy advice?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 20, 17 1:29 PM
I pulled up level 64 expert and it could be that you're missing the middle bells or not using the jewel dumps to set up the M4s for wheels. I don't have time to replay but I think I had to make 4 wheels to ring all the bells, 2 for the middle ones and one each for the ones on the top corners. For the ones in the upper corners you want to make the wheel on the outer edge of the board before doing the setup to shift it over into the corner. You have to resist clearing out all the spaces in the bottom corners so that there is a jewel in at least the bottom corner spot on each side for you to make the swap of the wheel; otherwise you will end up burning up too many moves trying to get that setup done. Other than that, it really is a matter of luck with the cascades helping you on the other spaces and getting your wheels at the right time.

Level 120 expert must have took me 200 attempts before I finally won it the first time and I know of at least one good M3 player who walked away from the game without finishing it because of this level.

213Killer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 213Killer on Feb 21, 17 12:27 PM
Many thanks to all the folks who posted tips and answered questions - I have finally completed the game with 720 stars and 9,781,350 points. I initially got through expert level 120 a few weeks ago but without all the stars. I found that taking a break and then returning several days later was a real help. To my surprise, today I was able to get the 2nd and then the 3rd star on expert 120 fairly quickly (maybe 15 tries total.) All those tips must have sunk in on a sub-conscious level!

I am a long-time fan of the Jewel Quest series, my favorite being Jewel Quest 3 which I can't play anymore because it doesn't work on the computer I've had for the past year or so. I must have played JQ3 all the way through 100 times over the years just to get to the Hawaiian vacation which was always my favorite part - very challenging and, in my opinion, the purest type of jewel matching.

I've tried to go back to some of the other Jewel Quest games other folks have mentioned (I bought them all back in the day) but they seem awkward and slow compared to Seven Seas (maybe they just don't play well on my computer.) All of the JQ games have great sound effects.

In Seven Seas I found the point system to be pretty ridiculous since it's mostly random. While it's fun to watch all the post-completion wheel-spinning, etc. the number of points are totally dependent on the random nature of the jewels. There were many occasions when my 1 or 2 star completion got a much higher number of points than when I finally got the third star - to me that just doesn't make sense.

Many people have noted that they dislike collapse mode and I agree, though it was a challenge and something new to learn, so, in the end, collapse mode was OK, in my opinion.

I do have one tip for those folks trying to get 3 stars - this may have already been mentioned elsewhere, plus it may be obvious to people who have already played a while. The way to get 3 stars is to complete the board before that sproingy warning sound happens - the sound that usually comes when there are 5 moves left in untimed boards or 30 seconds left in timed boards. In my experience, there were a few boards on which that wasn't even good enough and more remaining moves or more time left were needed to get all 3 stars.

I was thrilled when I discovered that this new Jewel Quest game had been released and I hope there will be more of them!

Edited on 02/21/2017 at 12:31:14 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 21, 17 4:08 PM
Huge congratulations to you 213Killer...that's quite the accomplishment to win all 720 stars! There are only a handful of us who even finished expert mode so getting all the stars gives you serious bragging rights.

P.S. - Welcome to the pond!

Edited on 02/21/2017 at 4:09:29 PM PST

213Killer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 213Killer on Feb 22, 17 5:39 AM
Thank you for your kind words, SynthpopAddict, and for welcoming me to the pond. Although I have been lurking in the reeds (playing mostly Hidden Object games) for nearly 9 years now, I have rarely visited the forums. Your posts here in the Seven Seas forum as well as in the Jewel Match forums have been a huge help to me as I pursue a renewed appreciation for Match 3 games. I also owe a huge debt to all the other fishies who have posted here. Without all of the shared questions, frustrations, tips, and mutual support, I wouldn't have even tried to go for all the stars - initially, I was quite happy to just get through the first 120 levels without caring about stars and I didn't even realize there was an "expert level" until I saw it mentioned here. Just knowing that other folks were still plugging away at Seven Seas kept me going all the way to the end.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 22, 17 4:44 PM
You're welcome, always great to hear my posts helped! I'm awaiting the next game from the Jewel Match team but have no idea when it will be ready for beta testing...since I don't officially work for them, they can't tell me anything until the beta is actually ready.

KT_S
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by KT_S on Mar 15, 17 10:08 AM
I have been trying for about a week to complete expert level 120. I just do not get how to ring the bell in lower left corner. Can anyone give me a hint?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 15, 17 10:37 AM
Welcome to the pond!

See the tips for expert 120 here, I think it's also currently on page 2 of the forum:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/887529.page

KT_S
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by KT_S on Mar 16, 17 7:49 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I will check it out. I too have been a huge fan of Jewel Quest. Member of Big fish for years. Lots of fun!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 16, 17 11:59 AM
You're welcome, KT_S

I've been a longtime fan of the Jewel Quest series myself but after playing Seven Seas a couple of times think some of the earlier installments were better. If they hadn't made Seven Seas so dependent on luck in expert mode it would have been more fun for me.

Go to: