Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Envoy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 7, 10 8:27 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:The answer to santes question: You can replay every single level. Just move the cursor above the level and click "replay the level". If you achieve gold on every single level you can replay the hole game in harder mode with less time.

Thanks Eisteepfirsich --

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 7, 10 8:34 PM
I usually detest building games and avoid the demos like the plague. However, I was intrigued with this one since it was a CE and decided to try it, thinking I would last 5 minutes. Imagine my surprise when the demo ended and it felt like I had just started the game. This game really walks you through what needs to be accomplished and how so there isn't any frustration wondering what you need to do. There is just the right amount of instruction and space to think for yourself. The graphics are really great and the music is pleasant. It is super easy to go back and retry a level to achieve the gold star.

I have only purchased one CE before (Briar Rose) because I just don't feel the price is justified. I usually fill out 2 or 3 cards per month so it isn't a matter of cost, but more of a value issue. I think I will wait for the regular version on this one and see how it goes. Thanks to everyone who mentioned the upgrade. Just might have to do it with this one.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 7, 10 8:38 PM
Leanda1 wrote:Ok so how do you get to be a beta tester??? LOL!

Not sure if the folks beta tested it here or elsewhere. To be a beta tester here at BF, you just have to respond to the link they send out in the daily email. It isn't included in every email, so make sure you read them all. However, I will say that I have been a beta tester member since the beginning of the year and still have yet to get a game to test. You are supposed to get at least one game a month, but it must be a very large pond because I still haven't gotten a thing, yet on another site, I was given Diner Dash Boom within two weeks of signing up to beta test.

[Post New]by ImJustSaying on Apr 7, 10 9:38 PM
I totally love this game!!!!

If you loved "My Kingdom For The Princess" YOU WILL LOVE THIS GAME!!

I'm just saying

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 7, 10 9:44 PM
Like some others, I also really do not like Build-a-Lot type games. However, I really enjoyed this one. I loved My Kingdom for the Princess, and (like others have said) this reminds me somewhat of that. The characters are quirky and fun, which makes the cut-scenes enjoyable. I like that there are trophies to collect for getting gold stars on the levels. The graphics are also quite nice. The levels have some extra little animations in them, like tropical birds flying by every now and then. I have a widescreen monitor, and it's so nice to see a decorative border rather than the traditional black rectangles on the side of the main game screen! I believe that I will be purchasing this one as a CE!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 7, 10 10:24 PM
The review topic wasn't up when I got here so this is repost from other topic:

Absolutely top notch amazing production values on a fun, fantastic game. Reminds me of Wonderberg only the "You've gone to heaven" version! Played the TGT for today and while it looked good just did not make me want to even finish demo. Then gave this a go and I was just dyin' knowing demo would soon end.

Here's the thing - if a game has clearly this much quality work into it with actual additional game play along with the usual fluff extras and *everything* about it is first rate and it runs like a dream I figure I owe it to the Development Community to pony up my money if I can. ...and for this one I can.

Untimed beyond getting all gold stars and as such trophies, for any given Island (you are restoring Islands) and while the islands don't have many chapters to start they start piling them on as we progress. I *know* I won't be able to gold star the whole thing, I've already failed on 2nd island, because of my gimpy hands but still super fun. Musics nice, graphics excellent, clear, bright and pleasant. Voice acting so far good.

Anyway, I bought it. Poodlebear Approved! (tho I mean that for the core game, extras are always just that, extra)

Anam_Craite
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Anam_Craite on Apr 8, 10 11:31 AM
I so wish I could actually enjoy this game as it deserves but unfortunately I can't. There are no negatives in regards to this particular game by any means, it's just me...being the perfectionist that I am (and I mean that in the literal psychiatric definition, i.e. compulsive and neurotic with many negative attributes versus the common, and inaccurate, layman's definition), not getting my gold trophy on EVERY round is very frustrating. I played for about 40 minutes getting gold on the first set of 'rounds' before "failing" to achieve the gold for the next two consecutive rounds. Could I just let it go to move on and plan to circle back later to achieve gold status? Normal people can...but it was already really bothering me (crazy, huh?). I knew if I was already 'flunking' (again, true perfectionists feel that if it's not perfect, it's a failure) working on the pirate island, I didn't stand a chance 10, 20...60 rounds later.

Putting aside my 'issues', I could see that this was a fantastic game. It was very well done, no doubt! There were so many people, actions, and buildings to orchestrate and all extremely logical. I loved how you had to clear the wood blocking access to areas opening up sections where you could work on building while, in the mean time, continue clearing the additional obstructions! It was also very clearly explained so that even someone like me, who doesn't play time management games, could easily understand both the game play and the navigation. It also seems to me that this is a collector's edition that is really justified for the higher price tag considering all of the extra levels and game play that come with.

I'm jealous of all of you who are loving it! Have fun!!!

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Apr 8, 10 6:32 PM
On replaying levels

Once you get a gold star you don't lose it, so it's like the Farm Frenzy games in that respect.

In some games if you lose on a retry you lose the gold

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Apr 10, 10 11:47 AM
I just finished the demo on this game. It sure is a lot of fun! A bit different from your average building game and has some good humour in it as well. The levels I played weren't too difficult but they were increasing in difficulty as I went further into the game. I had almost finished the Pirate island (3rd one) when my time was up.

To give you an idea of game length... there are apparently over 60 levels in the regular edition and 30 MORE in the CE. It took me 1 hour to get through nearly 3 islands (3 levels on island 1; 4 levels on island 2; and 5 levels on island 3). Depending on how fast you play the game, you can figure out how long the game will last for you. I finished 3 levels on island 3, so 10 levels all together in an hour. That would work out to about 6 hours on the regular game and 9 hours on the CE for me.

Edited on 04/10/2010 at 8:43:30 PM PST

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Apr 10, 10 12:40 PM
FunkyFabFinds wrote: HUH?
An abacus image for medieval English math? Good thing gameplay doesn't use it.

Actually it is the design of the abacus in the game that isn't correct, not the fact that there is one being used. "The use of the word abacus dates before 1387 AD, when a Middle English work borrowed the word from Latin to describe a sandboard abacus." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abacus has the history, several pictures of designs, etc. if you're interested.

mz_dori
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mz_dori on Apr 11, 10 10:57 AM
Just wanted to mention that if you get gold stars on all islands it opens up the expert level, giving you double the play time. The difference is that your time to complete a level is about 1/3 less.

I beta tested this game through BigFish and fell in love with it. I could not wait for the regular edition and purchased the collectors editioln right away. With the collectors editon you get the original 63 levels, a bonus 30 levels, and if you get into expert you can continue playing the 63 levels again.

My strategy was to complete the game without using the strategy guide. Once I completed it I went back to replay the levels I did not get a gold star on and used the guide to get them (only because I wanted the gold stars, I had no idea about the expert level). The strategy guide was helpful for me to figure out how to get gold stars on the 30 bonus levels (no guide for them). Now all I have to do is see if I am quick enough to get all gold stars on expert. I doubt it though!

Very nice and challenging game. I enjoy both TM and HOG games, this one so far is my favorite of all the games I have played. No lag, no errors, and beautiful graphics. The only thing that is a negative is the load time, but that is a very minor issue for me.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Apr 11, 10 7:59 PM
I have to say, this game is terrific!!!!

I cannot believe the attention to detail - I have not found anything that did not work as advertised. The built in strategy guide is great. Everything is wonderful! Artwork, colors, graphics, clarity, directions, goals, characters, game playing mechanisms, everything! I have not finished the first set of levels yet - cannot imagine what the "expert" play will be like, nor the extra levels!

Kudos to Playrix, and BFG for having the game!!!

Thanks to all!

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Apr 12, 10 4:45 PM
WOW and double WOW for this game. I have finished the main part of the game and the "extra" section and I am already thinking of started over with a new "player". I have loved the graphics in this game... I think it had me from the beginning page when I noticed the guys eyes following the load bar. And then the screen just came alive with movement.

I did have to use the walkthrough on a few levels so I could get the gold and unlock the extras.

Have been needing a good game fix and I must say, at this point, I got it.

dragfox
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by dragfox on Apr 13, 10 1:47 AM
I tried the demo. I had problems with the game from the get go. It was slow to play and everyone spoke too fast. then it would freeze and sit there. I got an idea in my head and suspended my anti virus protection program. Then the game worked .... until my anti virus program kicked back on. Then I went to the same problem cycle again.

cjathome
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on Apr 13, 10 5:51 PM
I am so impressed with the value of this Collector's Edition. After feeling robbed with the Diner Dash rip off a few weeks ago, I was reluctant to get sucked into spending another 20.00 for a lot of nothing. I played the demo for the full hour and was so intrigued that I jumped in and bought the package.

I've been playing this game non-stop ever since and have yet to get bored or run out of things to play. I've just finished the first round all gold stars and to my extreme delight, I find another Expert level opened up where i get to play the whole thing all over again at a harder pace.

THANK YOU Playrix! Great game, great value! I strongly recommend this game to any TM lovers. You won't be sorry and should be pleasantly surprised at how much game you get for your $20.00.

And I'm on board with everyone else who is not so patiently waiting for Ranch Rush 2. I just played it again through twice before buying RECE. Needed a fix. ;-)

molinka
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by molinka on Apr 14, 10 4:20 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
i agree it's as great as my kingdom for the princess!!!! Please bring us more of these!

[Post New]by tsands54 on Apr 14, 10 8:15 PM
I have played this game on my work computer and home computer.
Level 33 has caused both computers to shut down with an error causing the screens to shut off and tells me to send a message to microsoft.
Will this problem be corrected?
And I do love this game!

Edited on 04/14/2010 at 8:18:31 PM PST

scrpbkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Love it!

[Post New]by scrpbkr on Apr 16, 10 8:32 AM
I really love this game. I normally don't purchase collector's editions, but I couldn't wait. The graphics are fabulous; the story is interesting and fun. I love Build-A-Lot and this has a great amount of Build-A-Lot concept in it, along with miscellaneous other tasks that must be completed. It's the right blend of strategy and time-management. They are already creating a sequel - which I will definitely check out.

IT's been a while on BFG, but this is an excellent keeper!

MizzezJ99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MizzezJ99 on Apr 16, 10 1:19 PM
I really like this game. Been playing for days and still havent finished.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 1:32:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Playrix on Apr 17, 10 4:47 AM
Hello guys!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your thoughts on Royal Envoy CE! Every single message posted here is important to us. Moreover, many of you throw great ideas, such as the one on a sequel to Royal Envoy for instance

By the way, you guys are SO computer-savvy! And of course, it is very nice to see how you are helping out each other here if anybody experiences issues with the game. You are a real Gamers' Community!

Thanks again for your awesome feedback! We truly hope that playing Royal Envoy makes you smile

Happy Gaming!

Go to: