Re:Your Comments and Review for Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors

[Post New]by barb1940texas on Apr 10, 10 3:35 PM
I LOVED THIS GAME. It was very nice to have one that did not repeat the same rooms over and over. Each location was new and interesting. I found the colors good and nothing was too dark. I have a problem with my eye sight and some games are just too dark. It was just long enough and I will play it again and again. I look forward to the next one. Just my cup of tea.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 10, 10 4:09 PM
ChesterPepper79 wrote:While there was nothing particularly wrong with this game, I think maybe my expectations were a bit too high after reading the rave reviews in the Collector's Edition forum.

The graphics and music are well done. The story seems decent but it's easy to skip if you don't care about it. The game also looks like it's a good length.

My issue with the game was that I felt it got boring quickly. The hidden object scenes are full of obvious items, the mini games are incredibly easy and although the art is well done, the color palette is slightly dull, so it's never as interesting as it should be to move to a different room.

Personally, I uninstalled the game in 30 minutes but like I said, it had rave reviews in the other forum, so it's definitely worth a shot.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Apr 10, 10 4:09 PM
I loved this game also!! thought the mini puzzles were so different! Really enjoyed myself for the day. Very nice graphics, mini puzzles, nice length too!! Story was fun and the hidden objects were well hidden but findable.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 10, 10 4:32 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. There was nothing wrong with this game except I am totally bored and am only half-way through it. Graphics were nice and clear and hidden objects were well defined and easy to find - almost too easy. Yes, there were things to do and figure out in each room but again, not too challenging.

I prefer a little adventure to go along with the hidden obejects and puzzles and felt totally confined by lack of ability to wander around the manor and go back and forth between rooms. You have to enter a room and solve it before you can continue to the next room. It may just be a matter of game style preference. Some people might love this game but it just wasn't for me.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Apr 10, 10 6:53 PM
I played the demo. While I enjoyed it & the excellent graphics it was a bit too easy. I agree with what everybody else has said so far, it's ok but I can't see spending a credit on it. Not enough challenge & I can't really imagine much on it's re-playability. That being said if it had been more challenging I would have bought it.
* and cleaning the mirrors I could do without.

Edited on 04/10/2010 at 6:54:37 PM PST

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Apr 10, 10 11:09 PM
this is an absolutely delightful game. It took me awhile to realize just how good it is; I don't know how long it took to finish because I had to stop several times. I didn't want it to end. I didn't find it to be a challenging game but that doesn't matter ~ it is a really satisfying game to play. I love the steampunk look to the objects, the music, and pleasing colors, and the storyline (which I almost never ever pay attention to) is sort of charming. Quality stuff, this is.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 11, 10 5:30 AM
It's one of those "could have been" games. Graphics are quite nice and story line is interesting but...boring.

HOG's are extremely too easy to find and you don't even have to guess what interaction needs done..just look at items and it's apparent.

The dusting of the mirrors is not needed, just a time waster.

The game had the potential for being much more but failed to make it. I think I'm on the 6th shard and have no desire to finish even though I bought the standard game. Too bad.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Apr 11, 10 7:54 AM
Nice game, entertaining, good graphics, and I liked the ending very much. It's a game that does not burn your brain neurons, so its very relaxing. Waiting for the second in the series.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Apr 11, 10 9:58 AM
This game started out pretty good so I bought it. It wasn't long before I was bored. The mini-games are too easy. I mean, really, you want me to put shapes into a box with that shape. I bought that toy for my 3 year old grandchild. You know the one, pick up circle put into circle shape.. . No challenge from the mini games. Didn't even finish the game, deleted it. I feel like I'm wasting my money lately. I can imagine, however, how hard it must be to come up with something original and fun.

CJ1171
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CJ1171 on Apr 11, 10 12:52 PM
I was enjoying the demo, then it abruptly ended and I still had about 15 minutes left of my hour. If demos are going to cut off at a certain point in the game versus a time limit then I think that needs to be upfront at the download. It annoyed me and I will not be purchasing this game (and I had intended to) because of it.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 11, 10 12:57 PM
judy218 wrote:I was disappointed that I didnt get a full hour demo. I would assume if they stop my progress that early on it will be a fairly easy game. If you say 60 minutes I should get 60 mins regardless of how far I progress.

I understand how you feel, but this demo, unlike most, doesn't promise a full hour demo. It only states to try the sample demo.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 11, 10 12:58 PM
CJ1171 wrote:I was enjoying the demo, then it abruptly ended and I still had about 15 minutes left of my hour. If demos are going to cut off at a certain point in the game versus a time limit then I think that needs to be upfront at the download. It annoyed me and I will not be purchasing this game (and I had intended to) because of it.

If you'll look, unlike most, this game doesn't promise an hour's demo, only a sample.

BuggsyBoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by BuggsyBoy on Apr 11, 10 3:14 PM
I give this game a thumbs up No it is not Dire Grove, but it was fun. The graphics I thought were good, and the hidden objects were not ridiculously hard. (No hint was ever needed) Mini games were weak, but I did find a bit of challenge figureing out most of the scenes. Dialog was not even necessary, however I liked the story of the ghost. It took me about 4 to 5 hours of play time. If you looking for a nice relaxing little HOG this is the one.

sirhc56
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sirhc56 on Apr 11, 10 9:33 PM
Just finished and I rate this game an all around
A little easy, but after the last few games I've played it was a nice cruise.

[Post New]by militarymommy on Apr 11, 10 11:06 PM
I truly like this game! I think it is one of the better ones put out since Dire Grove came out, though it is no where as good as that one! It is long enough to make you happy with your money well spent, graphics are good, story line is even good enough to read along with, the items to be found are not too difficult, puzzles to figure out what to do next don't leave you scratching your head (or any other body parts, LOL), just a general all around good game. Only thing that bothered me with it is as you were getting to the end of the story, it hurried up, seemed like they ran out of idea's and story line and just wanted to get you out of there in a hurry. I think the sequel will be great if they stop and think out the ending a little bit better - don't push us out right when we are totally into the game!!

[Post New]by militarymommy on Apr 11, 10 11:08 PM
Oh, and I totally agree with lushknight - cleaning the mirrors was totally cheezy!! Hated that part.....

[Post New]by GypsyJane on Apr 12, 10 8:56 AM
kkbodine wrote:
GypsyJane wrote:I have played the demo three times and can't get into the game. Any suggestions? Should I try downloading it again?

I had the same problem and figured out that you can only go to a certain level in the game on the demo, CE or otherwise. The free trial stops a certain point regardless if you have completed the hour or not. After I bought it, it reinstalled on it's own. If this doesn't start automatically for you, I would just uninstall then reinstall. Good luck and I hope this answers your question.

Thanks for answering my question! I really appreciate the help. Most games give you the full hour and I couldn't figure this one out! Thanks again!

[Post New]by Okie_Moke on Apr 12, 10 10:14 AM
Where's the lantern knob and the box key? Wire cutters won't work til I find them!

DianeIsis
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by DianeIsis on Apr 12, 10 10:48 AM
This is one of the best! All different rooms for all the glass shards and just enough main puzzles to make it a fulsome game. Interesting mini games. They challenge; makes me think yet does not frustrate me. The characters are excellent and all different. Wonderful music with tidbits of drama. Fabulous graphics. Easy to see historical period objects with unusual names. Thoroughly enjoying this game!

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Best game to come out in a while

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Apr 12, 10 12:42 PM
I love this game . everything about this game is fantastic . its not to hard or to easy its very long at least for me Ive played it twice so far the first time took me all afternoon with breaks and the second time took about 2 hours 45 mins . the music and effects are phenomenal and the game play is stunning . I just cant wait till the next instalment for this game its right up there with penny dreadful Sweeney Todd and dark parables brier rose . this is a permeate game on my PC Ill never get tired of this game its fantastic !!!!!!!

Go to: