bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 20, 10 3:03 PM
Hi csmith116,

You may want to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates can sometimes fix a black screen and freezing. Also, the good thing is almost all of these updates are free. Here is a link to our help article with more information. Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Apr 21, 10 8:28 AM
A ray of hope on the horizon! Thanks to another of our members, I checked the walkthrough and forums at Gamezebo for info on this game. (Just put in Haunted Hotel Lord of Mirrors in the search field, press "enter" and you will find all that you need.) A lot of us have been missing the fact that if we simply move the cursor toward the bottom of the screen when we are looking at that cabinet with the boards nailed across it, the cursor will turn into a downward-pointing arrow. Click when it is like that, and you are back in the "big picture" (Pantry). Hooray!

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on May 12, 10 7:11 AM
Just to let people know who are worried about the technical issues on this game, (regular not CE version), with some hesitation I bought the game, and played it on and off over the last couple of days. I never had any trouble with the game at all. It always loaded properly, never froze, and all areas worked.

I'm running Vista 64 bit. FWIW.

[Post New]by elianwoo on May 18, 10 4:26 AM
obrien60 wrote:NSIS Error Installer incomplete or damaged

What does this mean? Is it me or Big Fish? I need to know where to start and see nothing in FAQS

im facing same issues with my new laptop windows 7

can anyone assist?

[Post New]by Ladyem51 on May 27, 10 9:12 PM
I got to the Dining Room. All my screen shows is the chandelier and the clock and drapes. When I looked at the walk through, there should be all kinds of other stuff - no wonder I can't find any crystals! So ... how do I fix this?

[Post New]by scaredy on Jun 1, 10 5:29 PM
Game is not saving. I had no problem throughout the trial. I purchased - no problems, my progress was saved, then "Poof!" I quit for a short time, went back and was returned to the opening scene again. Played for a bit, to see if perhaps I started a new game accidently - quit and restarted - but was returned again to the beginning once again. Yesterday, I went as far as the planets (by now, I am playing through pretty quickly), but got tired and HAD to stop. I decided to check - and sure enough my game was GONE! This is frustrating. I have never had a prblem like this with any other gme - I am disappointed. Any ideas??

[Post New]by Ladyem51 on Jun 3, 10 4:17 PM
Don't bother posting here. I didn't get any answer. What did finally work for me was uninstalling and then reinstalling. But I don't appreciate not getting answers.

[Post New]by sandygo on Jun 27, 10 12:16 AM
I also am in the pantry and am at the nails with no pliers help please I don't want to start again don't know what happened I was suppose to clean the light bulbs anybody figure this out

bever55
Clownfish
Clownfish
604 Posts

[Post New]by bever55 on Jul 25, 10 3:29 PM
This game completely crashed my computer on installation, I've never had this happen before and I don't want it to happen again so I wont be re-installing. Scary

[Post New]by Katshell on Jul 29, 10 9:36 PM
I cannot pick up the shard in the garage. Even after unscrewing the screws in the grate, and burning off the lock with the blowtorch, even though the lock is no longer visible in the grate close up, it continues to say the grate is locked. Clicking anything and everything does not help, it just makes cracks. Glitch?

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 9:38:33 PM PST

grammy8x
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by grammy8x on Nov 1, 10 8:12 AM
I love the game and had no problems, until now. I'm almost at the end. On the part with the 12 shards/zodiac. I found 5 and stopped for the night. When I started up the next day, the game was back to the begining. WTH. Has anyone else had this problem?

[Post New]by Bogie0519 on Mar 29, 11 7:15 AM
A suggestion.

I am playing this game on an iPhone. You know - a tiny screen. I cannot begin to tell you how large my fingers. Trying to plug in 4 numbers for the cash register was near impossible. (And metal tips do not work on iPhones - to punch the numbers...)

It would be nice if you could in the future either make the items larger - easier to punch in - or give us a "skip" button.

Thank you.

A Glitch?
I'm in the garage - I've removed the lock to reach the shard and it keeps saying the grating is still locked. I've tried to use the screwdriver to remove the screws. It doesn't work. Again - this is the iPhone version. A glitch or something amiss in my using the screwdriver?

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 7:21:45 AM PST

[Post New]by KatnAidensmummy on Mar 30, 11 2:17 AM
I'm having issues on my iPhone with the observatory level.
I have found the lens and crank thing and placed them but it says the lens is missing. I've checked the walkthrough and it only
Mentions one lens so what am I doing wrong?
I have purchased this game and don't wanna remove and have to pay again.

Please help
Alex

[Post New]by KatnAidensmummy on Mar 30, 11 2:18 AM
Wth the screwdriver in the garage, I had to keep dragging it to each screw till eventually it undid them.
Hth
Alex

[Post New]by vervegirl on Mar 30, 11 6:49 AM
Loved the free version so I bought the full version for iphone but there seems to be a glitch in the wardrobe room. Wardrobe door opes but I can't get into the wardrobe to retrieve the rapier. The hint button stops working at that point too so I can't move on with the game. :-( Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Cathlag on Mar 31, 11 9:57 AM
I think there's a glitch in the cellar for the ipod touch game. I have to put the cork on the 1907 bottle and it just will not go on. It worked with the other corks. I'm doing what the walkthrough says.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 31, 11 11:04 AM
Hey folks,

For those of you playing the game on the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you might want to check out our blog walkthrough for help. You can find it at the top of this Game Forum, or you can click here.

If you're having freezing issues, you might want to check out the troubleshooting steps in this help article:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch

If you still need more assistance, you can always contact Mac Support (you can click on this link) to talk to one of our reps. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by daidiru on Apr 1, 11 12:30 PM
I am highly disappointed in this game. It is fun to play so I bought it for iPod 3Gs, but am now stuck in the observatory. I can't click anything. I found the stars in the telescope, now it wont let me find the shard or restart the game.

[Post New]by Friday_Friday on Apr 10, 11 1:22 PM
A minor technical issue: in the sarcophagus room, one of the objects comes up listed as "it_royal_lily" instead of "Royal Lily" or "Fleur de Lys".

11:55

[Post New]by xandamanoo4 on Apr 12, 11 6:46 PM
It will not let me past the part where you have to correct the clock... I found the piece of paper with 11:55 written on it, adjusted the clock to the new tim and..... nothing happens.. So after doing this lots of times I clicked hint..it keeps telling me about the paper that I already found.. Please help.. (I also typed it into the till lol to see if I'd get a new time) is anyone else experiencing this... It might just be me doing it wrong but I doubt it.

Go to: