akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Love & Death ™: Bitten ™

[Post New]by akaratcat on Apr 13, 10 9:14 AM
I Beta tested sometime ago and enjoyed it very munh...I does have an adult or older young person theme, but have to remember it is only a game...........can't wait to purchase.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 13, 10 9:14 AM
Hi well I'm not sure what I think. As far as games go it is interesting, music is okay, and non intrusive, graphics are great and I needed hint for HOG part now and again. There is lots to do and I got part way through Chapter 2 before time ran out at the gold bar game. This would be a nice long play for me.
I think I am beginning to rethink my selections lately. The subject matter is a little too dark for me. Ravenhurst, games, were also dark and gruesome but i plodded through them anyway, because the games were just so interesting. This one could be like them too I guess. Alice in wonderland was on the dark side too and again I liked the interesting angles to the game. hmmm...what to do? Buy or not Buy? I'll let you know.
Nana

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Apr 13, 10 9:22 AM
[i][ After playing the demo I came into the forum to see the review's before I used my credit to buy this game. Good review's so I got it. Really did enjoy playing the game. Have to admit I used the hint button and went to the walk-through a couple of time's. The only thing I didn't like was the ending. I like happy ending's so was disappointed with this one. Wonder if there will be a sequal.

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Apr 13, 10 9:26 AM
auntj38, I agree with you liked the game, disliked the ending. I am hoping there will be a sequel to make things right.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Apr 13, 10 9:27 AM
I started playing the game and couldn't stop. Had to purchase and finish it. I love the storyline...well thought out. I love the hidden object scenes and the puzzles. Everything ties together nicely. Hated the hanging ending...but of course, that means a sequel is sure to come.

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Apr 13, 10 9:30 AM
I beta tested this one a while ago and loved it. I have been waiting
for it to come out!! It is a buy for me! Not for kids and adults that do
not like vampire themes. It was dark, but not so dark that you
had trouble seeing what you needed to see.
A great game! I give it five 's.

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on Apr 13, 10 9:56 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game...nothing wrong with an adult themed game for adults. Hope to have more games like this to play/purchase.

[Post New]by starbuck77 on Apr 13, 10 9:57 AM
meisie99 wrote:Only down side, doesn't appear that you can go back to see if you collected all the golden leaves. On things like that, I prefer to have it show how many are in each scene. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

In the tutorial, it said that the little leaf counter in the bottom of the screen (underneath the cauldron) glows whenever there's still a leaf to find on the current screen. So just look to see if the leaf glows, and you'll know there's still something hidden there. I wouldn't spend TOO much time looking though, because sometimes the leaves are hidden but not accessible until you return to the scene later.

Anyway, just be patient with the leaves -- I found that there were plenty hidden around, and it was easy to get 100 if you're trying to find them.

I agree with all the other comments above too -- gorgeous game. A real standout from the rest of the field. Best game in a while, Big Fish! I definitely hope there's a sequel!!!

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Apr 13, 10 10:07 AM
Every so often an HOG comes out which grips me. Can't put my finger on why they differ from all the others but there is something that makes me want to keep on playing when the hour is up. This was one of them. Very very good game.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 13, 10 10:34 AM
Well, after playing the demo, I have to say I'm not sure what to make of this game. I almost didn't make it through the first 5 minutes. The beginning is rather disgusting. I was beginning to think the whole point of the game was to find blood for a vampire. Not my idea of fun. I am certainly not into vampires and can't understand the attraction people have with the genre nowadays, but since I took the time to download the demo I figure I would try to continue.

The graphics are okay. I don't think they are better than a lot of wonderful games here at BF. The music wasn't bad and was sort of nice. The hidden objects are sometimes small, but I didn't find them too small to find. The hint button refreshes pretty quickly, but there is a small penalty for multiple clicking. There is somewhat of a problem in that the items are sometimes very sensitive as to where you need to click them. I did have to use a hint multiple times in a few selections for the same thing and finally had to go to the walkthrough to figure out what it was I needed to do or find. Otherwise, the minigames were pretty easy to figure out. Instructions are provided through the hint system.

I got as far as starting the soup in my hour demo and I have to admit that after getting through the first 10 minutes of the game, it did get better for me, but certainly not enough to purchase it. If it were the DD I might consider it, but otherwise I will definitely pass. If you have a weak stomach, dislike vampires, etc. this probably isn't the game for you either. Glad so many others found it enjoyable, though.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Apr 13, 10 10:36 AM
I was one of the lucky ones to beta this game and went directly
to "purchase now" button.
Great IHOG
Graphics superb
Storyline, yes vampires and humans, but not gory or dark.

Just finished the game and changing my rating to

JoHutton
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JoHutton on Apr 13, 10 10:46 AM
Just bought after playing the preview. Didn't want to quit which doesn't happen very often when I preview a game.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 13, 10 11:34 AM
My thoughts : With the dry spell that has been overwhelming I don't think this game would of been as popular as it is right now , I bought it with a game credit , but once again I prefer more adventure the feeling of (not knowing) trying to figure out rather then having instructions ..or logic ..just a mission ..I started off loving HOG ..but my taste have gotten older & I guess & like more mystery guidelines ..Not that I regret buying ,,But if you are anything like me ..I was pretty desperate , & I didn't have a choice .. .... Clear as MUD !!!! .... Cheers !!!

Const_happy
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Const_happy on Apr 13, 10 12:21 PM
Played for 5 hours or even longer. Definitely liked it. Nice graphics, good storyline. It seemed to me that the developers were inspired by Twilight Saga movies
The only pros is small transparent objects to find, not always but very often. However all this is compensated by the interacting game play.
Very good game

[Post New]by NCPantherEyes on Apr 13, 10 12:31 PM
I just finished it and I didn't like the ending worth a darn...

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Apr 13, 10 12:33 PM
For those who are wondering if this story is too dark or otherwise unfit for playing:

I think part of the attraction is the intriguing story behind it, with a beautiful young girl and a dashing young man... who although being a vampire is also a gentleman. With the lovely drawn scenery and colourful surroundings, it creates a romantic backdrop that hits spot on.

- The "blood and gore" of vampirism wasn't noticeable except in a couple of places where you had to find some drops of blood for Damon to make him strong enough to do certain things, but the "blood" was more pink than red and didn't even look like blood... so it wasn't exactly bothersome.
- In one room there could be seen some unpleasant things like a skeleton and a guilotine, but I wouldn't call it scary in any way.
- There were a couple of hints of possible sexual situations, but nothing worse than a bare chest was shown... barely even that. You see much worse on television every day..
- All in all I'd say a teen rating would fit well.

I didn't feel the game was dark at all, with the romantic theme, lovely drawings and bright, colourful settings. On the contrary, I loved the game - although the ending had me baffled. What a cliffhanger! I really hope there will be a second part coming soon!

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 1:06:11 PM PST

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 13, 10 12:45 PM
Excellent game!!! I found the story very intriging. I will vote that this is the game of the month. Loved everything about this game...bought it immediately!!! Ending leaves you hanging for part two (keeping fingers crossed) for I will buy it too.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 13, 10 1:02 PM
Wow! What a great hog, surely under my personally top 5 of 2010! I really like the storyline and theme (vampire), the graphic is pretty good. I will use one of my credits for it! Thanks, , I have waited for this game!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 13, 10 1:07 PM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote: WHAT was the reason for that intrusive, view-blocking thermometer-like thing that zoomed in when you "threw" the rocks to fix the bridge? You couldn't see what you were "aiming" at!

the "thermometer thing" was your aiming device... when you throw the rocks in the "green zone" it's a good and direct hit... no need to see what you were aiming at because you had already clicked on it... the gauge was simply to help make sure you got it *just* right...

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Apr 13, 10 1:11 PM
I am downloading the game now,sounds like its a good game,can,t wait to try it.will be back later to let you know.

Go to: