Re:Post any Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer technical issues here only

[Post New]by sudacass on Apr 25, 10 4:09 AM
Hello to all,

Game saves fine, but loading from any saved game gives me the same results - no characters in the scene. All the items in the scenes are showing but it is like the rapture has happened and mankind has disappeared. On the screen where you choose the saved game to load, the characters are shown. Load the game; and abracadabra - they disappear! Maybe this game should be renamed - "Art of Magic: Hunt for the Characters".

helleborus
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by helleborus on Apr 25, 10 9:09 AM
i purchased this game recently, and it has been fine for about 2/3 weeks. But now, when I open it up, the load game line is faint, and will not work. If I start a new game, the dialogue is in a foreign langugage. It is such a good game, can you please help?

[Post New]by whiteroses_5 on Apr 26, 10 9:55 AM
I'm having the same trouble as others with losing my saved games. I had six saved games and they are gone. What the hell? Any solutions. Can I get them back?

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 27, 10 2:00 PM
Hey Fishies!

If you're experiencing save errors with the game or an access violation or game crash when you save the game upon exiting, please try the tips in the following help articles, then contact tech support.

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.

2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.

3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.

4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the ‘Next’ button.

5. A .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.

6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Apr 28, 10 9:22 AM
I downloaded the trial version of this game. When I try to play, I only get the sound---no video. What's up with this?

[Post New]by grittygrits on May 3, 10 9:26 PM
I am in Spain. Went back to talk to Raul and my dialogue box is missing (where you can click on the question you want to ask). I can click on Raul, the characters face one another but there is no question to select and to get out of it I have to randomly click until she says "I'll come back later". Help please - very frustrating......

[Post New]by jibsoz3 on May 5, 10 12:31 PM
Hi
Loving the game had no problems till I arrived in Spain and decided to save the game. I was overwriting over another saved game. whilst saving game got message saying windows having a problem and was going to close.

So when I went to load on to last game I actually come to point of last game but unfortunately apart from the icon to get me to walk in one direction there is no other state of play.
Any ideas/ suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks

ELIZABEAD
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by ELIZABEAD on May 9, 10 11:34 AM
I am not sure if this is a technical problem, but it seems to me that it is. I am trying to get into the castle. I save while I am at the gate because I cannot seem to place the bucket. Before I save, I have gone into phone booth, I have gone down to harbor and gotten everything listed in walkthrough, I have separated inventory, I have tried to throw anchor. She has said that she needs to distract the guard. When I save after all of this and come back later, she will tell me that I have to go to the port before I can throw the anchor with rope. Is this a technical problem? What should I do? I have been told that I place the bucket on the green spot by her feet. I have tried every possible location!!!!! I don't know what else to do except to stop playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 9, 10 11:43 AM
She has said that she needs to distract the guard. When I save after all of this and come back later, she will tell me that I have to go to the port before I can throw the anchor with rope.
I think it's just a generic error message. It's true, even if you've already been.

[begin spoiler]You have to build a small device with two buckets, a plank, a container with sea water and an aspirin, and a rock, and set it off by ringing the bell before you can throw the hook.[end spoiler]

ELIZABEAD
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by ELIZABEAD on May 9, 10 11:47 AM
I do not understand what you mean. Sorry, I am a little slow. You said it's true even if you've already been. Are you saying that I should go to the port again, or that I should still be able to place the bucket without going back to the port.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 9, 10 12:24 PM
You should be able to place the bucket anyway. One thing did strike me - did you combine the container + sea water with the tablets?

ELIZABEAD
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by ELIZABEAD on May 9, 10 12:28 PM
I did not combine them. I thought you do that after you place the buckets. That is what the walkthrough says.

[Post New]by kaseyjason on May 10, 10 5:56 PM
I am in the palace..in the library...i have removed all of the books off of the shelf and removed the shelves...opened the hidden door..i see the puzzle and when i click on it i get shot and killed everytime...i have read every walkthrough i can find and they all say to just click on the puzzle but when i do i die....what am i doing wrong??? I am sooo far into the game i will be very upset if i can't finish it because of a glitch..i will just have wasted money on a game i can't play...help me please!!!

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on May 10, 10 6:03 PM
Did you lock the door? Click on the door to lock the door

Simple things get you each time.

sgrwlf27
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

need to find and replace game save file

[Post New]by sgrwlf27 on May 23, 10 2:42 PM
I had pc issues and had to restore to factory default, but I saved/backed up my bf game files so I could restore the game to the point I had played it. Is every game different in where/what they save game data? Anyone know which file I need to copy to the new directory of this game so I can open it and begin playing where I left off?

Thx
myviolinsings

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on May 23, 10 7:14 PM
If you have XP - If you save your document folder and the contents it is there.

Always backup your "My Documents" folder.

For this game - The save game files are under - my documents, Art of Murder the Hunt for the Puppeteer.

Some save game files are under - Programs, (the name of the game)
If the game files are still there just open the game, click load, and then the game you wish to start.

If the save game files are not there, I could give a save game file

I will PM you.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on May 28, 10 9:00 PM
i could d/l but the audio was intermittent and yet i went with it up to a certain point and it said 'demo' and quit. i logged out for a day to play the new puppetshow (which is the bomb,btw) and came back but it did the same thing. from reading thru it seems this game is kinda pitchy, dog! (thanks Randy) think i will uninstall and try it 1 more time, if that doesn't work i'm calling it a dog day afternoon. sucks to be me, cuz i really did wanna play this one. guess i'll hafta go back to puppetshow. oh darn.

Bridgelady
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by Bridgelady on May 31, 10 9:33 AM
I am in Cuba...I have to get the fuses and speak to the citizen following Nicole... I freeze at that point and cannot talk.. I cannot talk to the clerk because it freezes there too....anyone else having this problem???

[Post New]by villa12 on Jun 4, 10 6:18 AM
After playing and enjoying this game for several hours, suddenly when I open a saved game, the character is gone and I cannot access the menu to close the game. I have contacted the support team and tried all their suggestions (updated the driver, uninstall & reinstall) but no luck. Does anyone have a solution so I can finish this game?

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jun 4, 10 6:18 PM
Try a save game file from someone else. If I know where you are I can have you try and give you a save game file and see if that helps.

Do you have XP or windows 7?

Go to: