4,895 Posts

Re:Spring Event Castle Challenge

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 14, 17 3:55 AM
betslou41 wrote:
susiewastaken wrote:click, click, done
with day 2 challenge

Me Too !!! Asked for 2 Spring Cakes !!!\

Betslou41

Every time that I read one of your Challenge posts I sigh!
Why not me?
What has fate done to give me such crappy hands?
This time is no exception - three lots of airships sent (the seond one empty as it asked for 310 wheels) when I am trying desperately to hoard their inventory for later in the game!
Anyway glad to read of your successes!

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Apr 14, 17 4:48 AM
You please hang in there !!! You are a big part of why this game is fun !!! If I can help in any way just PM me !!! Luck seems to come in streaks !!!
Betslou41

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Apr 14, 17 5:06 AM
I'm saving carrots at this point!! So glad we don't have to do one hidden object scene a million times this year (like last year). I must say that I was hoping for a new room or a way to upgrade this spring room, but that is a small disappointment. Glad to have the challenge on top of the spring content!
Thank you for posting the list!!
Patty

[Post New]by ladydia012816 on Apr 14, 17 6:25 AM
Patty,

There has been a change to the Spring Room. In the upper right hand corner there is a gargoyle. You can buy books for it. If you pick the one that has the eggs on it, you can see your progress with the Ladies, Lords and Creatures by clicking it.

Have a great day and have fun in the Castle.

Lady Dia

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Apr 14, 17 7:17 AM
I noticed that one day you have to get 4 gold chests. Do you need a character quest opened for the pets to produce the goods?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 14, 17 7:19 AM
betslou41 wrote: Good luck to all, let me know if you need anything !!!
Betslou41

Of course we NEED something!!!! ---- We need your "got 'er done" posts!!!!!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 14, 17 7:23 AM
Bemused123 wrote:I noticed that one day you have to get 4 gold chests. Do you need a character quest opened for the pets to produce the goods?

No.....just need a pet that gives gold chests more often than not.....and, on the day you are supposed to GET the gold chests, all the reliable ones will probably be giving Iron chests! ..... sigh.

But, there are still some that are not worthy of even attempting....don't even try Griffin or Winged Cat...

You can check out napoeon's awesome thread to get an idea of what pet more often gives gold and where.....Here's the link for your convenience:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/404978.page

Edited on 04/14/2017 at 7:23:49 AM PST

[Post New]by GoMinnesotaWild on Apr 14, 17 9:24 AM
Bemused123 wrote:
I noticed that one day you have to get 4 gold chests. Do you need a character quest opened for the pets to produce the goods?

Just a thought for you (and anyone else) to try: I found from personal experience (on both my games) that the more character quests you have open the more gold chests you will get.

I tried for gold chests during the last challenge(s) with no quests open and received "duds", even from my "reliable" spring pets in their favourite locations.

As soon as I opened more character quests, sometimes as many as 3 characters at once, who all needed something, - I got gold chests much more often.

If I had a character that needed a "crafted" item and I did not have enough money to "craft" it - I would usually get gold or possibly silver chests depending on how much money I needed.

Try that first - I mention it so that no one uses up all their pet food for nothing. It could make a difference.

The experts who have reached the top level, with no character quests to open, can help you better on what may work in that case.

Hope that helps some

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 15, 17 4:50 PM
Finally finished using hints. Did both games the hard way, just using the hint button.

For the smiles, rather than swap them, I'll just click morphing eggs.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 15, 17 4:53 PM
I'll be clicking morphing eggs for smiles also, but still considering the wish list when the chocolate challenge comes up .

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Apr 16, 17 2:03 PM
Have a question about the morphing eggs

How do you stop collecting? I can go round and round and round and when I decide to stop.. next item is diamond or egg or smile and then I am hooked again.. going round and round and round

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 17 2:40 PM
Me too, HennyMarie! I just got 4 smiles in a row from the morphing eggs! Come on coins so I can get off this merry-go-round.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Apr 16, 17 3:03 PM
jEMSW wrote:
crusader50 wrote:Day 10 has me confused. Open 10 Zoom zones----anyone want to set this doofus straight on what to do.

Zoom Zones are things like the Monkey, Drunken sailor, Burnt tree, etc.
Anyplace you click on that wants you to use up your hard earned inventory items.
Like the tasks the Castle Denizens ask you to get for one their tasks.

Hope this clears things up.

I think the confusion is in the wording. The first challenge says to open 10 zoom zones and the second one asks to use 30 items in zoom zones. I have to admit I was not sure about this at first either.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 16, 17 5:09 PM
That was short and sweet (getting the chocolate). Thanks friends.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 17 5:12 PM
Yes, thank you friends for satisfying my sweet tooth!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 16, 17 5:57 PM
I did it the long way. Played 50 HOS to get 7 chocolate but I got it done

jEMSW
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Apr 16, 17 6:03 PM
Challenge 5 done!

While claiming my mail "Task Complete" popped up. It was over in less than a minute & I still had 5 more chocolates to open.

I probably shouldn't have, but I consumed them all at once. I just couldn't help myself they so darn delicious

Now I'll be up all night from the sugar rush.

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Apr 17, 17 8:54 AM
Sorry I am back on the subject of the Fairy and the cake she asks for in Spring has sprung. Does she always "keep" it or is there a variation where the cake goes into the inventory?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 17, 17 10:12 AM
Bemused123 wrote:Sorry I am back on the subject of the Fairy and the cake she asks for in Spring has sprung. Does she always "keep" it or is there a variation where the cake goes into the inventory?

She always keeps it. Same deal with the wreath of spring.

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Apr 17, 17 11:25 AM
Thank you TiramaSue. Good to know.

Go to: