New Event - Rubbish

AlienMommy
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:New Event - Rubbish

[Post New]by AlienMommy on Apr 17, 17 9:42 PM
I think many people have forgotten that a lot of us were locked out of this game for months, and some of us lost tickets, cash, pearls, etc. upon finally being able to get in. And finding when we come back that pretty tree is 300 blasted tickets. I had 180 tickets when I went down, had zip/zero/nada/zilch when I came back, had under 20 pearls (from 70 something) and about $500 cash was gone. All my followers were gone (but technically are still showing). Lost several friends with the very long time down, too.

That being said, yes the last two events were boring and uneventful, but with them, I and probably others who lost out are gaining again.

Remember, when Christmas event happened, all heck broke loose, so maybe Easter event was an iffy issue and they didn't want to ruin the progress of the update for the rest of the "soon" areas. I know I'm appreciating the non-lags now. Although the skipping issue is still there, and the one thing I really don't like much is the red framework over the fountains, really annoying. And the ability to tell a villager NO! LOL Hopefully, they'll work more on fun events once the upgrade is finally in place. I wouldn't mind at least two more of these, then would be able to get that pretty tree.

SweetSayonara
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSayonara on Apr 18, 17 2:19 AM
Another huge congrats to Scamper for another well deserved win!

Its time for me to move on from Sunken Secrets now, I doubt that Coming Soon is ever actually coming so I`m gonna replay Mr Jones` Graveyard Shift and look for something new to enjoy.

judy1689
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Apr 18, 17 8:21 AM
NANA5LOVE wrote:Are the developers just lazy or what? is there a reason why they couldn't give us some cute objects to add to our island? Easter would be easy to come up with SOMETHING new for us.

I agree. Even if they had focused on requests for carrots and chocolate collection it would have been a lot more fun and at least related to the Easter/Spring season.

Instead, most of the requests were for ore related items. Which, with only one mine takes a lot of time to complete requests.

Like many of us whose game crashed before the Christmas event ended and some, like me who still did not have a working game at the time of the Valentine event . . . it would have been nice to have given us a break so that we could earn the lovely Heart Tree . . .

I earned about 100 tickets for the 2 weekend events . . . still need 200 to earn the Tree . . . was hoping, but lost interest.

Events should be fun and engaging.

TMGamer99
Flounder
Flounder
2,182 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Apr 18, 17 9:55 AM
SweetSayonara wrote:Its time for me to move on from Sunken Secrets now, I doubt that Coming Soon is ever actually coming so I`m gonna replay Mr Jones` Graveyard Shift and look for something new to enjoy.

That's a shame.

I don't think you're alone though, many people, especially those original iOS players have given up.
I still think that we'll get another update, but maybe I'm just gullible.

JulezyGem
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by JulezyGem on Apr 18, 17 10:00 AM
one lives in hope not sure how long the coming soon has been that way as ive only been playing since dec 16 well thats when i first came to forums to meet all you lovely folk

SweetSayonara
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSayonara on Apr 18, 17 10:25 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:
I still think that we'll get another update, but maybe I'm just gullible.

I hope you are right! You usually are!

Rasa100
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Rasa100 on Apr 20, 17 9:50 AM
I, too, was disappointed that there was no Easter Event. Still, I'm not loosing hope (yet). It's the way these free-to-play games go, I'm afraid, they get developed to a certain point and if they're not profitable anymore or the developing company decides to focus on moblie games and abandons their PC games or whatever, they stop. With a lot of "coming soon" still in the game, usually. It happened with Awakening Kingdoms, it happened with Found, it happened with Agency 33, the list goes on and on. And yes, I've played these games (and others), so I'm used to finding out that I'll never get to see what's behind that closed door in the "coming soon" area.

At least with the games I mentioned, there was a final forum post announcing that the game was dropped from further development, so the players knew that there would never be another update. I hope that - should Sunken Secrets end - they will tell us as well, and may this day (where the game ends, I mean) be far, far off... On the other hand, I recently started playing yet another FTP game, and as far as I can tell, it's dead - no update for over a year, developer's homepage still running but not been updated since early 2016 - but there is no forum message about the game development being stopped. Still, it's fun to play, so I'll just continue as far as it goes...

The essence of all this rambling is: My advice to all those who play a FTP game is: Enjoy what fun you can get from playing, don't spend any mony you can't afford to loose, be prepared for it suddenly ending, stop playing when the playing starts to feel like work or gives you less fun than doing something else. It's good while it lasts, but it won't last forever.

Oh, and the money you spend isn't an investment: you will never get anything tangible from it, just the enjoyment of a game. It's the difference between buying a book, that you can read over and over again, or buying a ticket to the movie, which you can only watch once; FTP money is the latter, to my way of thinking. That's not saying that all those players who lost updates they payed for due to a game crash shouldn't complain, that's a different matter altogether! I'm just cautioning against thinking something along the lines of "I spent so much money on this, I have to keep playing, even if it's not fun anymore".

Anyway, I still hope Sunken Secrets continues for a good while...

judy1689
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Apr 20, 17 2:36 PM
Rasa100 wrote:

Anyway, I still hope Sunken Secrets continues for a good while...

I hope so too. I really enjoy this game and hope it continues for a long time. It has the potential to last a very long time, especially if they develop the other four islands we send balloons to.

I don't mind opening up my wallet and spending on FTP games if they can keep the game interesting. I was prepared to do that this past weekend until it became clear that no hint of a seasonal event was going to take place. As long as the designers keep designing things like that lovely heart tree I so long to earn, they will keep us wanting more.

Go to: