lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov?

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 16, 10 10:41 AM
Ahh... another game I'm enjoying thus far. No hand holding in this seek and find game, making it an enjoyable challenge for those of us who enjoy this. There are at least a couple of items in each scene that are a real challenge to locate, yet doable. Game play smooth, with no technical glitches so far detected on my end. Story interesting and graphics good, with the darker colors reminiscent of the old country Russia. Love the added Russian language in some scene backgrounds, and the drunk in the bar moaning when you click on him, was humorous.

For those who have eyesight problems, this game probably wouldn't be your best choice, but for those of us, who with the aid of glasses, should not have a problem finding the smaller items. Mini games are nice, but not real challenging. In most scenes one is on their own to figure out what to do next. There is a 'Target' button for clues, but with vague implication.... again however, a game aspect I prefer.

Not sure yet how long the run time play is, as I have yet to complete the game. Replay ability? Probably so, as are most seek and find games, as long as you can skip over the dialogue hastily the second, third, etc. time around.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 10:50:36 AM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 16, 10 11:07 AM
I also liked it. I don't mind the graphics, and it is interesting.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 16, 10 11:28 AM
I have a question. I tried this game this morning and admittedly I wasn't all that awake, but in the early parts of the game are you not supposed to be able to see all the lines written in the book that you can click on in the top portion on the right-hand side of the screen? I didn't know if it was supposed to be this way or if I was just having a graphics problem.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 16, 10 11:46 AM
The pages get filled in as you go along; maybe by the candelabra, letter, and feathers in every scene

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 16, 10 11:58 AM
mcquigan wrote:The pages get filled in as you go along; maybe by the candelabra, letter, and feathers in every scene

Thank you very much for responding to my question.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 16, 10 12:17 PM
You're welcome. Also, if you are missing text on a page, you can choose to replay that scene to fill the book in.

Emeralds
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Emeralds on Apr 16, 10 12:46 PM
I have played quite a few games on Bigfish. I don't ususally say anything, but this game is definitely not worth the time of day. Bigfish, I know you can do better.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Apr 16, 10 2:34 PM
Well I'm on the fence with this one, but with not much to choose from these days, I might end up getting it. I hear some saying it is a short game but I am just starting chapter 8 after the 1 hr demo, and there are 24 chapters? And I would say I am a seasoned player?
One problem that's bugging me however, I am sure I never did find the letter "I", is there any way to go back and get it? All of a sudden I am suppose to be looking for the letter "M" which I found no problem, I guess there is no J, K or L. But it seems I cannot (at least on thje map) go back to previous area's to obtain my "I".
Someone said a few posts back " Also, if you are missing text on a page, you can choose to replay that scene to fill the book in." Where? Where? lol Thanks for any help.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Apr 16, 10 2:51 PM
Seems like a good game to me. I bought it and have no complaints, guess I am in the minority as well. I guess it all depends on what a person is looking for in a game.

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Apr 16, 10 2:59 PM
Good points:
1. Decent music.
2. Lots to search for and collect.
3. Mostly well localized (only a few issues with grammar/labels).

Bad points:
1. Odd choice for a game theme (I hope NO ONE decides to use Chekov or Austen for a game theme).
2. Poorly executed concept (people from the future trying to solve/prevent a fictional crime in the past has been done much better in other games).
3. Indistinct scene graphics (objects in search list are mostly featureless or don't even resemble the thing you're looking for).
4. Illogical objectives (collect a bunch of items to answer a question you have, then everything is put right back into the scene. What was the point? Well, there might be one, but who cares).
5. Time wasting collection of items to be able to read a "Cliff Notes" version of the novel (just read the book by Dostoevsky. Warning: it's NOT light reading) that you can just skip.
6. Annoying sound effects (drunk mumbling in the bar/tavern made me turn off all the sound).
7. Clumsy execution of mini-games (tedious execution of fairly easy puzzles).

Purchase? Not even as a Daily Deal. Very poorly executed game, IMHO.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 3:01:11 PM PST

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on Apr 16, 10 3:36 PM
Kinda blah....

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 16, 10 3:56 PM
puppycake wrote:...
One problem that's bugging me however, I am sure I never did find the letter "I", is there any way to go back and get it? .

Yes, open the book (story) and go back to the place you are missing text, there will be an option to replay the scene, you only have to find what you missed the first time.

If that does not make sense, pm me and I'll send you a picture of the steps

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 4:16:43 PM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Apr 16, 10 4:57 PM
My guess is that most of you have not read "Crime and Punishment". It is a dark depressing book so I am not surprised by the comments. Dostoevsky was not a happy sunshinning kind of guy and his writings are anything but uplifting. I was excited to see this game for two reasons - first, I misread it for the daily deal (too little coffee) and secondly, after realizing no daily deal, the subject matter fascinates me. I've only been playing for a few minutes but I think it's intriguing. I'm curious how much of the book is involved and how far it goes. Knowing the story also helps. It says there are 24 chapters. Looks like another buy for me!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Apr 16, 10 5:25 PM
i demoed the game it was a ok game not the best,but it will past.might wait when it goes on sale.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Apr 16, 10 6:10 PM
Not a bad game but way too short. Maybe it was just too easy for me. The usual puzzles, nothing new at all. Not really worth the price if you want a challenge.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Apr 16, 10 7:02 PM
Well, I have read "Crime and Punishment" and I'm still not crazy about the game.

It isn't the subject matter that's the problem for me, although I did find the idea of someone from the 'future' deciding to investigate this particular event in the past rather bizarre.

My problem was that it just wasn't interesting enough for me. The story seemed silly and contrived. The female character was a bit of a joke. She was freaked out because one location was dark and scary! Really? Ridiculous.

While the objects were sometimes very tiny, I didn't have any problems finding them. The graphics were nicely done in places. But there was nothing new here. The puzzles were simple and ordinary, the objects were obvious and there was no challenge to any of it.

The deal breaker for me was the atrocious spelling and grammar. There is absolutely no excuse for this anymore. Surely the developer or BFG could have found someone to proofread this game to avoid these embarrassing errors.

I simply refuse to spend my money on a game that bombards me with typos, mis-labelled objects and grammatical mistakes.

Rhowennah
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Rhowennah on Apr 16, 10 8:27 PM
Whenever I demo a game, I play the whole thing through to give it a fair chance to inpress me or not... When this game was done with the demo, I heaved a hugh sigh of relief it was over... This is a no sale for me... Yucky is the best I can say for this game...

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 16, 10 8:57 PM
I was enjoying this game quite a lot, until I got to the fortune teller scene and the tarot cards. Come on, , surely you can put out a few more mystery IHOG and HOG games without the occult references. Please bring us some good games without the fantasy and occult-just a good mystery. It seems like there are very few good plain mystery games.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Apr 16, 10 9:30 PM
A no buy for me.. The objects are too small, the graphics are dire and the mini games are lame. I'm 40 minutes into the demo and am done with it. It was very disappointing.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Apr 16, 10 9:32 PM
Thanks all for your comments on this game. I won't even bother with trying the demo. Most of you disliked it than liked it....that says so much in my book.

Go to: