Horrible Ending

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Horrible Ending

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on May 24, 10 2:51 AM
My reaction to the ending was, "Oh, no! Damon just got out from under one female vampire, only to end up with another!"

But this one will be of a very different nature. While he was bound to Celeste almost like a slave, he will have to protect Victoria, teach her "the ways" and help her survive until if and when she can be cured.

And all the while he will have to take the utmost care around her, lest she become too famished. And it seems she would surely try to turn Damon back and he would have to be tempted now and then. So any sequel should be interesting.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 24, 10 12:42 PM
Best game I've bought in a while. Love vampire stories! Loved the gameplay! Thought graphics were well done. The game had some length to it (for me, at least) so I felt it was a great value.

I'm a fan of "happily ever after" also... but, personally, I felt the ending actually did have a romantic feel to it. (Spoiler in this next section... Skip to last paragraph if you don't wish to see it.) After all, Damon chose Victoria over Celest by drinking the potion, thinking that he and Victoria could be together as non-vampires. Had it ended with that action, chances are, there would have been no sequel. And what a pity that would have been!

I'm super eager for the sequal to come out!

Classicaljazz

GaPeach1981
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,588 Posts

[Post New]by GaPeach1981 on Jun 8, 10 5:25 PM
I too was a little depressed about the ending but it sure seems like it will make for a great sequel!

Peach

Doggy_lover
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by Doggy_lover on Jun 12, 10 4:23 AM
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that I absolutely LOVED the ending. It's unconventional, and I really never would have guessed. HOGs aren't exactly known for their brilliant storytelling, but this one actually did something different and avoided a trite ending. Awesome.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jun 19, 10 9:36 AM
Put me down in the "loved the ending" camp! (But then again, I loved Shutter Island too...).

[Post New]by theatregoer5678 on Jun 26, 10 2:43 PM
So, does anyone know absolutely-for certain if there will be a sequel?

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Jun 27, 10 7:37 AM
I ususally read the forum for reviews before I buy and this game had good ratings so I bought and played. Must say the reviews were 'right on' - this was a great game, had good clear colors, it was adventure (toings & froing) and I really enjoyed it - [b]UP TO THE END - --THE END JUST SUCKED. Just tell me why the developers had to ruin such a good love story I mean I am just saying

[Post New]by KelsNicole on Jul 19, 10 2:28 PM
But if they would have ended it the way that everyone wanted them to they wouldn't have anything to make a second one on. Maybe in the second one he will save her this time.

[Post New]by infamousspace on Jul 28, 10 11:56 PM
Just come to add myself to the list of people who are disappointed by the game ending. Sucked.

[Post New]by DimePiece527 on Aug 21, 10 5:25 PM
The "happily ever after" fan in me threw a temper tantrum at the ending and I think it was a well put twist to get you in the mood for what could be an awesome sequel! The only thing that bugged me about the game is what happened to Damon's sister??????? Other than that I absolutely love it, wouldn't change a thing. Cheers

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 21, 10 8:55 PM
I'm lukewarm on the ending. If they end up doing a sequel and resolve that little twist, then great. If they leave it like that, then that would be disappointing.

Did a quick google and found a couple of blogs with the producers for "Love & Death: Bitten", one posted in April and the other in May. It's left open if there will be a sequel at that time.

I certainly hope that they are working on a sequel. *crosses fingers*

fayeraye
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by fayeraye on Aug 22, 10 12:55 PM
I agree. What a slap in the face ending to a good game.

[Post New]by pylgrym on Oct 12, 10 11:23 AM
Has anyone played it twice? I thought the ending might be random since it was only the one scene.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 12, 10 12:35 PM
I really liked the game and I liked the ending as well. It was kinda open, but that's ok. I got the evil ending btw and felt ok with it.
Wouldn't mind if there was a sequel though.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Oct 18, 10 6:32 PM
I enjoyed the ending because it was a total shock.
What's the point in always having a happy ending or predictable? You know everything is going to end well, why bother watching or playing the game?
The ending also leaves room for a sequel if they want to make one.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 18, 10 7:29 PM
pylgrym wrote:Has anyone played it twice? I thought the ending might be random since it was only the one scene.

I've played it through 5 or 6 times and the ending is always the same. I haven't found any way to get a different result, though I've tried everything I could think of to change the outcome. The ending begs for a sequel, though, so we just have to hope there's one in the works.

jb53
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jb53 on Oct 20, 10 5:15 AM
Loved the game , hated the ending and I have played over 100 of this type of game. Hope there is more to come!!!

[Post New]by midnightwolf62 on Oct 20, 10 12:45 PM
In my humble opinion I thought the ending was appropriate to the theme of the game. Celeste would never just give up. She still has a claim on Damon through Victoria. I would love to play the sequel if it comes out, however life does not always have a happy ending.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 21, 10 10:46 AM
Hmmmmmm...I didn't see any problem with the ending. Damon's karma has been tainted by his years as a bad guy and now he will have a chance to redeem himself (in the hoped for sequel) and prevent his true love from leading a life of crime. I'm sure it will all end happily (or will their children become mini vampires?).

[Post New]by chief_lazyhorse3 on Nov 4, 10 2:05 AM
fallenbloodyrose wrote:i agree, the ending [/i]didn;t feel right. I was like they run out of time or something, and just through the ending in. There was so much they'd jousted at, and hinted at, that they didn't deal with. It's really irking me. IT better be a damn good sequel to make up for the ending.

I was a bit angry as to how it ended. The ending seemed out of synch with the rest of the game. Yeah, that was a mean twist. But I would like to know who the old woman was to him, for her to want him saved. Was she his little sister? This game reeks of a sequel. I hope it is very good. But if you thought that ending was horrible Vampire Brides: Love Over Death was the most pathetic I have ever seen in a game. I wish I could get a refund.

Go to: