Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Kiddosmom2 on Jun 21, 17 8:00 PM
Same issue as other; game wouldn't open even after following all direction. Today there was a firefox update that I installed and low & behold the CE version demo opens but the SE won't. This, to me, points to BFG to get us to buy the CE instead of the SE. Just another reason for me to look at other sites to get my games from. If BFG really cared about their customers there wouldn't be so many complaints. I've asked this in another game forum but I think it's worth repeating: Has BFG contacted MS to find out what BFG can do to get games to run in Windows 10?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 22, 17 12:31 AM
@Kiddosmon2
I'm sure Big Fish care very much if games don't work properly as it might affect peoples buying future ones. I don't think there is really anything they can do to make them run in Windows 10.
Even if BFG have contacted MS they can't do anything to the games as they don't make them.
BFG are a game distribution site. Any problems with the running of the games, be it because of Windows 10 or otherwise, is because of the programmes and technology used to make them, which is all down to the individual games' developer companies such as ERS, Epix, Mariaglorum, Daily Magic, Elephant etc.

BFG moderators monitor the forums, and especially the tech issue threads, and any repeated issues are passed on back to the game developers.

I say this only in defence of BFG because I have found them to always be pretty attentive and understanding to customers and because, with big fish having no relation to the making of the games it can't be them having anything to do with the collectors edition versus the standard version being able to play or not.

I think the fact that you were able to play the collectors edition after installing firefox, is probably a coincidence as I have seen as many complaints about being unable to play games on Windows 10 from people with the SV as I have from those with the CE.
I of course respect your opinion, this is just mine, formulated from what I know about how BFG works.

If you were having issues opening either version of the game, did you try the resolution solution ( rhymes ) listed further back in this thread, it has worked for a lot of people who couldn't play a game because of Windows 10, and once done, you don't have to do anything else to the game, it should just play normally.

Good luck with your future games and happy gaming

[Post New]by Lord_Hamish on Jul 21, 17 6:33 AM
Windows 10, downloaded this game three times, installs fine but when I try to play, nothing happens for about 20 seconds, then I find that games (games that I am currently playing, all already activated and owned) in my Game Manager, one after another, are moved from "My Games" tab into the "Queue" tab, where they are Waiting to Activate.

Please look into this issue, I can see that many players are reporting similar difficulties, I believe that we should be offered a game that works as we have paid good money for it.

Go to: