Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on May 27, 17 8:13 PM
BONUS GAME NOT WORKING i SEE A LOT OF US WITH SAME PROBLEM. HELP

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on May 28, 17 8:58 AM
debutaunt100 wrote:BONUS GAME NOT WORKING i SEE A LOT OF US WITH SAME PROBLEM. HELP

me too and I've seen no offer of a solution from BF - they have our money so why bother I assume! very annoyed

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 28, 17 12:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report issues experienced while playing The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World Collector's Edition. There seems to be several issues being reported here and I wanted to swim by to try to address a few as well as provide the steps for receiving additional help from our Support Team should players prefer not to try troubleshooting steps to try to quickly resolve the issue.

First of all, thank you to all of our players who have reported that changing your screen resolution and then changing it back while playing on Windows 10 has helped with getting the game to start if a recent Windows update seems to have caused the game to not load as expected. If a player is seeing this issue still or just encountered the issue after a recent update, please change your screen resolution to see if that helps with starting the game. You can change it back after changing it and confirming the game works, as this should resolve the issue. Just in case it's helpful, here's how to change your screen resolution:

Screen Resolution

Some players are reporting trouble with the bonus chapter, and it sounds like players are getting stuck at a similar place. The first thing I recommend is seeing if running the game with further permissions are able to help resolve that quickly or shows a need for further assistance. Players can run the game as an administrator while playing on PC to allow these permissions, and the following article contains steps on how:

Run Game as Administrator

malcombart, I'm sorry to hear that the game seems to be running slowly when the scenes transition. The first thing I recommend is seeing if the following, Windows 10, specific steps are able to help resolve that or if more assistance may be necessary:

Windows 10

elboranch, I'm sorry to hear that the game seems to be showing up as a trial rather than fully purchased. The following help page's steps should help resolve that issue:

Purchased Game is Still in Trial Mode

If those steps don't seem to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team using the next post's steps.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 28, 17 12:55 PM
Thank you all for trying those preliminary steps to see whether or not that helps quickly resolve the issues being experienced or whether you'll need more assistance from our Support Team.

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. If you'd like further troubleshooting support, please also include that as a request in the body of the message as well as a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. Our Reps will follow up as quickly as possible to help as best they can.

Thank you as well for your patience, and for taking the time to follow up with us to let us know what has and hasn't worked. This information is valuable to the teams behind the game and helps them better determine the impact of issues reported to the forums. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on May 28, 17 4:41 PM
Game ran perfectly on Windows 10 for me.

[Post New]by matoall on May 30, 17 2:33 AM
using windows 10 never had much problem ever with game downloads however this one just will not do it.error 809 been through every try this they can give,still have a game I have purchased that I cannot access.have also recently had A LOT of trouble with the game manager keeps not operating every so often so have to keep install and uninstall quite regularThis damn annoying!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 1, 17 3:00 PM
Hello JessF and matoall,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences while playing the game The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World Collector's Edition. Thank you JessF for letting us know that the game is working on Windows 10 and I wish you well while playing the rest of the game! As for the other issue with the 809 error code, I have some suggestions that may clear that up and will also provide the steps necessary to reach our Support Team for further assistance if it proves to be necessary.

The first thing that I recommend is seeing if the steps provided on the following page are able to help as they may be able to quickly resolve this error code that is showing up while trying to play:

Errors 809, 813, 773, and 774

Those steps should be able to help with that specific error code, but if you find you need further assistance, or a different error code shows up after trying those steps, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. It may also help to provide a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report. That report may help our Reps better understand why this is occurring despite trying those steps and they'll be certain to follow up as soon as possible to assist with the tools they have available.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was able to help out. Please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with any further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Ceekah on Jun 2, 17 8:17 AM
Windows 10. Bracelet will not work in Bonus game. Read on another thread that a lot of people are having this problem.

[Post New]by Frostypaws2012 on Jun 3, 17 8:51 AM
I am using windows 10. The game worked excellently until I reached the bonus game. I picked up the bracelet but when I try to use it on the creature (so I can get the desk key out of the bag) it just doesn't do anything...I can still click on the desk, and the upstairs door...but I can't accomplish anything because the bracelet won't work. I even uninstalled and the game and reinstalled and it still did it, I see all these people posting issues, but I don't see anybody coming up with any solutions? What is the point of this tech issue folder, if no tech is going to work on this and make it right?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 3, 17 10:37 AM
I tried the suggestion for fixing the bonus game. It did not work. Are there plans to deal with this. If not I'll be requesting a refund. I'm not fooling with a Dr. Felix report.

[Post New]by anitaw1962 on Jun 5, 17 1:06 AM
Hi...
I am on the bonus section of the game and it seems to have frozen, is there anything I can do to continue playing??

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jun 6, 17 1:29 PM
I also have the updated WIN 10 operating system.

The game WILL NOT start.

Deleted the game and reloaded it.......still WILL NOT start.

Edited to add: I sent Customer Support an email about this problem.

Edited on 06/06/2017 at 1:50:35 PM PST

gamephan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gamephan on Jun 6, 17 1:30 PM
I am running Windows 7 Pro and this game keeps freezing at the "Loading" point of a change of scene. I have to completely shut down the computer to even get out of the game. It happens over and over. So frustrating. Help!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 6, 17 5:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to swim by and touch base on the different technical issues mentioned in this thread. I'm sorry your games aren't running smoothly and am here to help.

If the game keeps freezing, please check whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. For instructions about that process, please see the help page below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

It can also be helpful, when a game isn't functioning correctly, to run it with administrator permissions. Please refer to the help page below for further instruction.

Run Game as Administrator

If those instructions don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If any more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active moderator. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by sweeet_btch on Jun 7, 17 4:46 PM
60schild wrote:Is anyone having trouble with the hint button and the bracelet in the "bonus chapter?" The hint button isn't working at all and the bracelet won't activate on the creature in the portal (this is at the beginning of the bonus chapter). I've tried changing difficulties and did uninstall/re-install the game. Thanks in advance.

HAVING EXACT SAME ISSUE. bummer would like to complete bonus game as well.

Edited on 06/07/2017 at 4:47:48 PM PST

KDCMK
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by KDCMK on Jun 11, 17 4:08 PM
I paid for this game and run Windows 10 and everything is updated and it still wont open. I'm tired of this happening.

[Post New]by kjrussell3 on Jun 12, 17 10:34 AM
Bonus game problem like so many others are having - unable to play it. Is anyone working on getting that problem fixed - Big Fish or the developer? Sure would be nice to know if anything is being done and should we just forget it.

[Post New]by deb817 on Jun 13, 17 4:57 PM
Using Windows 10----not opening--unable to play...Help

s_jjones
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by s_jjones on Jun 17, 17 7:36 AM
Recent updated Win 10 64 bit. Worked before the update, just bought it today. Had the same issue where it would not open. Read the screen resolution suggestion, did that and it worked. Thanks so much for this forum, the help and suggestions, BFG.

I have been a Game Club member forever it seems. While once in a blue moon I've had a problem with a game, BFG has ALWAYS come through, either with a refund or a game credit or both. Yes it's frustrating when a game doesn't work, but BFG has always been good to me. Thank you BFG, keep up the good work!

[Post New]by Nitrousbabe on Jun 18, 17 2:35 AM
I am having the same issue since the Windows 10 update
I was playing this game before the update and was half way through it no issues but once my computer updated the newest windows 10 update I click on the game it does down to the task bar then disappears and then the BF manager pops up and says play again have contacted the BFCS and did all the updates they said to do but still no go and also to another game I bought last month wont load either
I bought 2 new games today and they both work so Im confused .

Go to: