underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder here.

[Post New]by underwriter on Jun 28, 17 10:03 PM
cmarti, I have had this happen - I got inside the library and picked up a couple of books, and for no reason that I could see my computer spontaneously rebooted itself. When I opened the game again, I got stuck (am still stuck) on the Player name screen. Whether I leave it "Player," enter the name I was using, or enter a completely new name, it freezes, and when I Ctrl+Alt+Del I get a DOS screen that says I'm putting in duplicate information. It was working fine before. Did your computer spontaneously reboot, maybe a mini-power failure, or something? Because I'm almost sure that's what caused it for me.

I've had this happen before with a different game, and with a lot of help (including a lot of things that DIDN'T work) from BFG, it turned out that I not only had to uninstall the game, but after that delete some stray files that were remaining on my computer, before reinstalling, after which it worked again and I was able to complete it. But I can't find anything on this game. It is currently uninstalled, and seems to be truly gone. I keep my BFG games on a portable hard drive, but, if I recall correctly, the other game had left its "cookie crumbs" if I may so call them somewhere on my C drive.

I see the developer has been here a lot and am kind of hoping they see this and weigh in.

ilithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by ilithia on Sep 4, 17 11:01 PM
I bought the game and it just won't start. All games bought in the same order pley just fine. I'm playing on a mac. Tried uninstalling and re-installing the game with no luck.
Waste of money and time.

[Post New]by beswicklj on Feb 20, 18 5:00 PM
On MAC

Can't open the game. Gives me the Big Fish logo screen and just stops.
I bought the game and it just won't start. All games bought in the same order play .. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and also downloaded the specific file from MAC to run the game. No luck!

Edited on 02/20/2018 at 5:02:16 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 20, 18 5:11 PM
Hello beswicklj and fellow players,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues with Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder. I hope all of our players who previously reported issues have been able to continue to enjoy the game, and we definitely want players to be able to play their purchased games. I just wanted to swim by real fast to let players know that if our Big Fish Games help pages do not seem to help, our Technical Support Team is happy to assist further with your purchase.

beswicklj, it sounds like you may have already tried some troubleshooting by uninstalling and reinstalling, so what I recommend is contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Be sure to provide the title of the game and what seems to be occurring, and our Reps will be sure to get back in touch as soon as they can to ensure you're not stuck with a game you're unable to play.

Thank you for your patience everyone. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: