limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by limey_scale on Apr 19, 10 4:39 PM
This game is so poor!!! Trying to recall, I beleive I had to use a hint to find a feather (early in demo) large flashing circle in the area but I still couldn't see it? clicked around all areas and watching the metre to the left going crazy to discover it was a transparent feather on white background! also, another scene 'hat' - there were about 4 hats clearly in the scene on people - oh no - not the hat but one in the foreground! again, meter going mad - also found that you had to 'click' on the right spot on many objects even though you found it, again, penalised on the meter. This has to be the worst game ever - apart from repetitive, boring so called mini games, the developers should brush up on their English, 'dices'? -
bred and born UK and never knowingly heard a set of dice collectively known by this?
A MASSIVE
Deal, UK

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Apr 19, 10 5:00 PM
Have to agree with most everyone else-really a poor game. Played for about 40 minutes, gave it a chance, but found this game really repetitive and tedious. Disappointing for a BF game.

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on Apr 19, 10 5:11 PM
catmartie wrote:
Eisteepfirsich wrote:The answer to nooldesroms question: You get always only ***** when you write HOG, because it can mean also a nasty word (pig). I think thats the reason. (I have searched in a translationbook for HOG lol).

Unlikely! Neither the current word for the porcine mammal, beginning with p, nor its more archaic form, beginning with h, are in any way nasty. (Even to Americans, as far as I know.) But thanks for trying to help.

LOL - HOG is 3 letters. If you take away the 'G" it becomes a two letter street gang word that means a "woman who asks for money for certain favors". If you type the two letters, then the asterisks appear as the language program catches it. There is nothing wrong with the word pig. In fact, piglets - baby pigs - are the cutest things ever.

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 5:16:12 PM PST

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Apr 19, 10 5:36 PM
I only played for 10 minutes and uninstalled the game. The graphics are very blurry and not made for these old eyes. You get penalized for any wrong click and to me that was stressful. Didn't care for the sounds and music either. Just didn't grab me. Not worth my time and money.

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Apr 19, 10 5:43 PM
Poor game and a rather rough April for games in general. There have been 1 or 2 OK games. I have credits burning a hole in my pocket. Where are all the really good games? Where are sequels to Serpent of Isis, Flux Family, Enlightenus, Mignight Mysteries, and Azada?

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Apr 19, 10 5:51 PM
Yosemite1956c wrote:WTF !!!!

I could NOT have said it better!!!
This is worst game I have ever attempted to play in my life !
It is stupid, blurry, hate the hostess (she needs to have those fangs filed down) and someone needs to krazy glue her mouth shut.

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 5:54:06 PM PST

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on Apr 19, 10 6:24 PM
I like games with an art theme. I also like lots of minigames and puzzles. The too helpful lady has gotta go before I would purchase this game. What age level range was this game intended for?

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Apr 19, 10 6:49 PM
Okay, there's what 3 pages of comments...and as far as I can tell I'm the 2nd one with a positive review. For granted the mini games are easy, except who painted it and what year. I'm guessing and have gotten most of them right. I agree some of the items like the light blue feather in the sky was not fair and a clam on a white hat but I like the game. True it can be easy and when you do click on a hint it gives you a big circle and I'm straining to see the object. I didn't like that I clicked right on the cane and clippers and it didn't take the items away. But when I used a hint it circled the object and a couple more clicks and finally clicked the right spot where it was taken off the list. Paid no attention to the mistake-o-meter. Don't know but it seems to me you'd have to be really bad for it to drop to the bottom and don't know what happens if it does...do you have to start the puzzle over? I like that it seems that it will be a long game...and from other reviews this would be bad! LOL! And a comment about for little ones. My husband takes over the computer and this game is right up his alley. He's constantly asking me what something is. In other games some of the objects I had no clue that's what it is called....and this one is easy except for some bad spellings. I only have one free credit at the time and probably won't buy until it's about to expire and if nothing else comes out. I haven't been impressed with this months choices. Really wish the SpinTop 'London Caper' would come out on Big Fish. Big fan of those but not willing to pay $19.95 for it.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 19, 10 7:08 PM
I found myself being very bored with this game. I think a few years ago I might have enjoyed it, but after the developments we have seen in games over the years, I think I expect more. There really wasn't that much of a storyline to the game. It is more just a hidden object game with many, many mini-puzzles thrown in. I didn't mind the minigames, but it did seem like there were too of them and not enough hidden object scenes. I did notice that the objects are very sensitive. On many, many objects, I would have to click all around the object to find the particular spot where the click would register. The artwork was pretty though.

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 7:30:24 PM PST

[Post New]by xenogamer55 on Apr 19, 10 7:44 PM
Forgive my stealing and repeating but I've been waiting to say this about this game and the whole month of April so far on BFG-----------WTF?!?

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Apr 19, 10 8:13 PM
I really wanted to like this game. It was deleted after 15 minutes....oh well.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Apr 19, 10 8:35 PM
This is so lame. 20 minutes and deleted. The music is incredibly annoying, graphics are bad, objects are like giant tinkertoys in the land of the munchkins, 4 mini-games to pass a level (click to start, click to start spin, click to stop spin, and then do game worthy of my 5-year-old grandson). Then you deal with all the stupid chatter from that female person. The thing that totally did me in was the 'scores' from around the world.

Generally I can't decide which of several games I want. This month - only Love & Bitten. I had a good time with that just because I had to work the brain a little. The rest of them have been pretty bad.

How do I put in a thumbs down? and down, and down, and down.

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 8:38:27 PM PST

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Apr 19, 10 9:07 PM
I searched for the comment from the developer of this game but it has obviously been deleted. But, I did read all of the negative comments about this game and won't waste my time downloading and playing. THANKS FOR THE REVIEWS!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 19, 10 9:09 PM
I broke down and demo'd it. Not truly horrible, but certainly not good.

Concept -

But that's about it. Too easy, too much blathering on (and I'm one who actually likes a good story), and the music loops were short and annoying. And the graphics were pretty bad. What was interesting, though, is that the hidden objects were pretty clear, but the paintings - the background - were fuzzy. Were these scanned in from cheap prints and then the other stuff overlaid on it?

I totally skipped the history of the gallery. Couldn't care less. It wasn't a mystery, or anything interesting. I didn't find this game as dreadful as Ghost Town Brodie, or Kotsmine, but close. (At least those two did have a good story to tell.)

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Apr 19, 10 9:18 PM
Well I can't say anything good about this game except that I won't spend any .
The the graphics are fuzzy and using the lens make it worse.
That is really bad for the eyes

Nouni

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Apr 19, 10 9:18 PM
I was reading about the penalties for wrong clicks and things.Escape From the Museum was bad like that,too.This is why I like the review section on the forums.I like getting the 'everyperson' opinion,not some overpaid reviewer.

[Post New]by Mephibosheth on Apr 19, 10 9:56 PM
Great idea, but I'm not so sure about the execution. Like others, it's really annoying to be penalized for wrong clicks or answering trivia questions incorrectly. On the other hand, you can always replay a picture for a better score.

The game was designed for "serious" IHOG fan, but I wonder if maybe the developers have a different definition of "serious" than I do. I consider myself reasonably skilled, but some of the hidden items were nearly impossible to see on my laptop screen. I'm going to try it again on another computer later, but in all it's a little frustrating to not be able to see or identify the items.

One other little issue is the ambiguity of some of the clues. In one case, I was given a clue for both a knife and a dagger. I was then penalized when I identified the dagger as a knife. Frustrating? You bet!

So, unless one is utterly "serious" about gaming challenges, this probably isn't a good game for you. On the other hand, in 40 minutes, I had only completed 5 or 6 out of I think 50.. so... the game's definitely long enough.

In all, a very mixed review.

[Post New]by cybergrl on Apr 19, 10 10:49 PM
I totally agree. This game is really dumb. I only played 20 minutes and unistalled it. The Triva Questions, were about artists I've never heard of, and even in the cross screens with the helper, the information isn't discussed. 99% of the Population, wouldn't know the answers. Hence no wrong answer penalty. People don't waste your time with this one.
Bring on Azada 3 or the sequel to Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone. Something that makes us think. Not lame games like this one.

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Apr 20, 10 12:19 AM

The lady's eyebrows are creepy...
Not a game for me. Couldn't stand all of the interuptions with the eyebrow broad.
Deleted it after 15 minutes of play.

wilkesy83
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by wilkesy83 on Apr 20, 10 3:14 AM
Terribly boring and the woman who pops up repeating herself all.the.time really grated on my nerves!

Definite miss!

Go to: