slaflamme
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 here.

[Post New]by slaflamme on Jul 24, 17 10:24 AM
Well, apparently BFG doesn't care if a game gets fixed or not. They got their money and in this day and age, nobody cares about satisfying the customer...just care about the all mighty dollar. Either refund the customer or fix the problem. It's called respecting the customer. We don't complain for the fun of it, nor are we trying to rip you off. Look at my history BFG, I have purchased at least a couple hundred games over the years. How many times have I made a complaint? Maybe 2 times? Only because the game failed. Please show some love...fix or refund.Your choice.

[Post New]by debvansolkema on Aug 2, 17 3:15 PM
I have windows 7 and have just bought the game but it will not allow me to play it. When I click on play it states that there is an error and I must close the game. I have shut and restarted the computer with the same results. What can I do?

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Aug 8, 17 6:49 AM
I had a problem with the game manager when I activated this game after purchase. The GM screen went blank and nothing happened so I had to get rid of it through the Task Manager. The GM then loaded OK, but the game was shown as *BUY* not *PLAY*, but when I clicked on it, I got the message that I already owned this game and was then able to activate it. Not a biggie, but annoying all the same. Windows 8.1)

[Post New]by Smok3y_Bull3t on Aug 12, 17 5:41 PM
For those of you who have the very zoomed in screen resolution with this game on Windows 10, it's because of the game's scaling DPI. The fix for this is to find your desktop shortcut of the game and do these steps and in theory should make the game run, at least it works for me, so try it:

1. Right click game shortcut on desktop (or wherever you keep it), then click on "Open File Location", or you can find the game folder in the Program x86 main folder.

2. In this folder, you should have two .exe files that launch the game itself, in this case, we're not using the Big Fish Game Manager. One of the .exes should be greyed out (on Windows 10 it'll appear to be), this particular .exe file will be 2,594 KB in file size.

3. Right click the .exe and click on properties.

4. Click on the compatibility tab, and put a check on "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and be sure to leave the drop down tab under that as "Application".

5. Put a check on "Run this program as an administrator".

6. Make a shortcut of the .exe file to your desktop so you can launch the game faster.

--

When you launch the game, it should launch without it being zoomed in and be 100% playable. Do note that if you alt-tab out of the game in this state with it running, everything will be zoomed out real far, this fixes itself once the game is closed.

Hope this helps.

Smok3y

bfgIlinalta
2,531 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 14, 17 4:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

Before I start, thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like players are encountering an issue with the game displaying incorrectly on their computers and that players have had to make computer settings changes to work around this issue. A few players have posted their workarounds and those may assist some of our players with a similar computer set up, however I wanted to swim by with some suggestions as well as how to help us investigate this issue further if those steps don't seem to help out.

First thing I recommend for players on Windows is to see if updating their video card driver or making some quick changes can help resolve this issue. The following page of steps contains some steps that may help resolve this issue after they are completed such as step 2: Update your video card driver. If you'd like to try those steps, they are below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are on Mac, the following general steps can resolve a wide variety of issues and may help in this case:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

It's possible that some of the posted workarounds may work as well. However, if the suggestions here haven't been able to assist, or if you'd like further help, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a description of what you are seeing as well as a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. That information could assist our Reps in finding out what might be happening and our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to continue assisting.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: