Re:Your Comments and Review for Mystery P.I.: The London Caper

[Post New]by Valentinos_Mom on Apr 27, 10 7:42 PM
I really liked this game!! I just had to buy it! I do, however, wish that the mini games were just a little harder. I like all the Mystery P.I. games...classic hidden object games are just plain fun...whoo hoo!!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 28, 10 1:02 PM
I always like the Mystery PI games--but I do wish they would get some different mini games...

The London Caper was not disappointing--very successful from start to finish.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on May 1, 10 7:03 AM
Yesterday I bought the Mystery PI Londond Caper to fill up my April Punch card. I love all the Mystery PI games. It is not just a good HOG, but there is a bit of Interactive play, which I like.

I hope we will get a Big City Adventure HOG very soon and more Mystery PIs.
Is there a list already of "COMING SOON" Games?

beadster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by beadster on May 4, 10 7:48 PM
I just bought the game and love it. If you like the Mystery PI **** games, you will like this enjoy this one.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 8, 10 2:50 PM
Been a long time since I played one of the mystery PI's...I used to love them when they were the newest greatest thing out for HOG games.....but they've been eclipsed by the adventure/hog games that pull you in so well. Now, in spite of the decent graphics..I just look at the huge list of junk to find and lose heart.

Mystery PI programmers and developers need to keep in mind what else is out there and upgrade their game. It just isn't fun anymore to hunt and search mindlessly.
Sorry, no buy here and I was hopeful.

[Post New]by orlandomiki on May 8, 10 3:58 PM
I so disagree with you krisscross....If it ain't broke, don't fix it....These are among my favorite games and if they were to change I would probably stop buying....I don't like the IHO games at all....I am sure I am not in the minority for once....Think these games have a huge following and people like them just the way they are....Sure the mini games are the same but that is ok with me....I don't like to have to tax my brain to be able to move to the next level....My hat is off to the creator of this series for the cleverness that goes into each one...

[Post New]by briteredlips on May 11, 10 12:49 AM
I love these Mystery P.I. Games! This one is no exception. Love these crisp graphics, love that I can use or not use the timer. Nice long game, great replayability too. A big Thumbs Up!

rosieroo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosieroo on May 21, 10 2:29 PM
Bought this as I enjoyed the other ones and really there is not a lot of decent hogs about recently.
After playing a while I find it all very repetitive been there done that previously so
am not a happy bunny .
Come on lets have some games with a bit of imagination and difference to them.
I need a challenge and this game does not contain any.

[Post New]by kathleenanne2 on May 24, 10 3:49 PM
The problem with al these Mystery PI games is that you get a "hint" to quickly.
unlike Haunted House one of the first 'hidden object" games I bought back maybe 3 plus years ago. With that game you only get to use the hint 5 times per scene, I like many others don't find these Mystery Games challanging . Given the time. you have to finish theres no way you can't help but finish. just my opinion.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 31, 10 2:22 PM
I really ejjoy these games! I am wondering what the next PI game will be and where!

[Post New]by bgandpapa on Jul 12, 10 6:25 AM
I have a question and hope I can get an answer.

But first! I have a busy busy life. When I come home I like to distract myself with games that keep me focused but not add to the strain or frustration in trying to figure something out. I bow out when confronted with some of the puzzles that give you nothing but a screen and you get to figure out what you are supposed to do. That's too much like my work. Reading below I learned I very much could be classified as a H.O.G. addict. Therefore, I wish the site would offer you a bit more info such as: HOG only. I dislike finding that the puzzle I was excited about is also a "figure it out for yourself" game.

My question is: after finishing the above game the second time I am never able to then solve the last puzzle again because it doesn't pop up. My only choice seems to be to do the hidden object stuff again. I wanted to show it to my husband. What's up?

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jul 31, 10 12:35 PM
I think these PI games are a fun distraction. No, they're not particularly difficult, but I challenge myself by seeing how many I can find and remember then clicking on them. That seems to tax my old brain quite a bit. We all know that playing memory games are good for you. So if you find it too easy, try it.

darcikirk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by darcikirk on Sep 26, 10 11:19 PM
Does anybody know how long this game is? It seems I have been playing it forever and it never ends. I keep on playing the same scenes over and over again. Ahhh!

[Post New]by smhardiman on Dec 9, 10 8:06 AM
I have just done the demo for this. I quite enjoyed it, but I do wish that all games developers who choose to set their scenes in the UK would use UK images and terms. We don't have yellow taxis!

On the other hand, translating US English for the items adds an additional level of challenge!

jconfort
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jconfort on Mar 11, 11 10:27 AM
Well this game has a mind of it's own can't get to do anything is there a walk through to help me thanks J

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Oct 23, 11 9:46 AM
Awesome addition to the series - with a really nice end puzzle . . . !

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Feb 14, 12 4:47 AM
Just to echo what "half" of the other reviewers said: I love the Pop Cap hidden objects games! They have at least four series that I am aware of, and I have all in each series.

The reason many people do not like these series is because each entry in each series is the same as the other entries in that series, as far as game play goes.

The reason that so many of us LOVE these series is the same as the one in the preceding paragraph.

You've played another game for hours, one that maybe challenged your vision, or possibly that was mentally challenging and needed all your wits. You had a lot of fun with it, but now it's later in the day, you're tired, and you still want to play a game before retiring, but you're burned out with the demanding ones you so love during the earlier parts of the day.

The wonderful thing about the Mystery P.I. series and the other series put out by these developers, is that you know what to expect. There's no learning curve. The most you need to find out at the beginning is what two objects you're going to have to look for in each screen, amongst the other objects, and also if there is a third that will be hidden in each screen - sometimes there is, sometimes not. Another is the "signature" objects found in several screens. Spin tops, for one, those charming cats for another.

The screens, though, are new. You haven't seen them before. Sometimes the objects are new too. But in every one of the games from these developers, for those of us who love them, the experience of playing them is like coming home. And playing it again weeks or months later is, for me at least, a choice made by the setting of the game.

They're welcoming, these screens. You know where you are in this game, and series, too; that is, you don't have to remind yourself of all the things you needed to know for other games.

The London Caper was a bit easier, I found, in many of its screens, but got more difficult as the game progressed. As others have stated, all these games in this series are long. I found the end puzzles in The London Caper more involved, too, than in many of their others.

And as other reviewers have stated, I have never run into any technical issues with any of the games from these developers either. Fun, friendly, and well-created, all these Mystery P.I. titles are great.

[Post New]by pamelamaddock13 on Feb 15, 12 3:34 AM
I purchased it early this year 2012
I was totally wrapped in the game until tonight 15th.Febuary,2012
It keeps freezing on the last item found and clicked
I have uninstalled and re-installed I have followed all suggestions, nothing is working I am very disappointed.
Can't play the game anymore , wasted money which is worse

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Apr 17, 12 4:28 PM
This is the first game I've played in the Mystery P.I. series. After so many adventure/puzzle H.O. games it was really nice to return to something more classical. Lovely graphics, not too junkpile. I liked that some of the clues were interactive and some mildly cryptic and it was fun searching for the additional items needed to unlock the two other game modes. The ending was unexpected and a pleasant surprise - a bit like dipping into an adventure/puzzle game. A long game and that always gets a thumbs up from me.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Feb 5, 13 2:43 PM
I used to love these games, but now I find the HOS to be boring. I feel as if I'm betraying an old friend, but I won't be buying any more of these games until they evolve a little. Just couldn't continue staring into the HO scene and getting tired doing the same thing over and over.

Go to: