Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life

[Post New]by Apadenska on Jul 20, 10 2:49 PM
I love VV games! VV4 keeps you busy, especially if you have a lot of kids. The stream build up helps villagers improve their building skills when there is no building project. The crabs, frogs, butterfiles, and jumping fish are charming features. I wish there were more herbs or food sources to make different stews. VV1 had lots of potions. Maybe the next VV game will have a beverage hut so the villagers could party.

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Jul 29, 10 7:52 PM
I have to say I liked the earlier versions better...more visual trophies, acknowledgement when a villager reached three stages of progress...
This version is just too finite, practically anorexic.
"Children" are not playing these games anymore. They are complex and easily bored!
I managed to succeed in 11 of the 12 goals before I had aquired 70 villagers!
I postponed the inevitable last, because I have been trying to create a blond child as I was able to do so in the previous versions. Thinking about it, that was my most challenging feat in all the versions.

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Aug 7, 10 8:53 AM
My nephew and I have been playing this game together. We did all the puzzles quickly, and had not yet made 100 villagers! Trying to make them scholars are another story!!! There are no trophies for 3 accomplishments, and that's a shame!
Most villagers die before they reach 75, and my nephew's heart breaks when a villager is on the verge of becoming a scholar, and suddenly passes! I thought that as you progressed in the game, the villagers acquired a longer life.
The older games allowed the villagers a longer life...this one is heartbreaking for children who do not have the patience, and yet try so hard! Hopefully, the next one will be more sensitive to the children it is geared for!!!

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Aug 21, 10 8:32 PM
I find this version sluggish, and frustrating...the older versions let you work up to a scholar by first arriving at three feats, then continuing. The rewards were also much greater, like a totem. This version is practically traumatic, as you work too hard to get the villagers to a certain point, only to have them knocked off mere centimeters from their goal.
Also, why are there no light-haired women? All the men have variety, and the women all look alike! The best part was mixing and matching the villagers!

[Post New]by natalusia85 on Sep 6, 10 3:29 PM
I love every single one of the VV games. I hope they will make a new one very soon. The tree of life was great and worth buying. Im very addicted to this kind of games so im sure ill buy next one also Thank you BigFish!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 27, 10 3:27 PM
The current best of the series. The island grows more beautiful which each puzzle solved. The gameplay is challenging and fun. This latest storyline is a twist on eco-responsiblity. I love it as I have all the previous editions in the series.

This game is an A.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Jan 29, 11 11:41 AM
at the beginning of the game, you get to choose your villagers. If you didn't select any women, nursing women, or girls, you are in trouble. You need to increase your population.

So, yes if you end up with all dudes, restart the game with a new batch of villagers.

I also suggest starting with at least 1 villager who likes to run. It makes a huge difference in getting tasks done quickly.

dino_14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dino_14 on Mar 1, 11 3:54 AM
good game, but isn't for me

[Post New]by solymar739 on May 24, 11 4:04 PM
HELP am stuck dont know what am suppose to do with the five moses rocks....the frogs not happy where they are....and the crab that keeps coming in and out of the sand....oh and what knife i use to cut the tree it doesnt let me use the same one i cut the vains with....Help please thank you!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 27, 11 2:13 PM
To clear the mossy stones you need to drop 2 children on a crab coming out of the sand so the crab gets distracted. Then drop an adult on it and they will take the crab to one of the stones and somehow this cleans the stone. Do this 5 times for the 5 stones.

The frogs can only be caught by people who are clean. So when it rains, throw soap in the pond and then throw some people in the pond so they come out clean. Then have them catch the frogs by the stairs. To complete the puzzle, the frogs need to be caught in one rain storm, so do this with several people to make sure it gets done in time.

You cut the tree with a normal cutting tool, but you need to drop someone on the branch first to tie it off with a roll of cloth. Then drop someone on the cutting tools to cut off the branch. Finally drop someone on the soap to clean the stump.

Oceanshimmer
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Oceanshimmer on Aug 22, 11 8:42 PM
This was the first game in the series that I played, and I enjoyed it. The people are very cute and are fun to watch grow up. The real-time thing is fun, because you can go away and come back to see your people more skilled, new babies born, and buildings constructed. However, thee overall slowness of the game can be immensely frustrating to people who are used to quick-moving games. It can take hours just to build a single hut, and if you don't like to pause the game for fear of your people perishing, it can get very annoying. The graphics are very beautiful, although often times looking at the same picture for an hour can get boring. The puzzles are rewarding and fun to solve, although a few are just a little too hard to solve. I found that I used an online walkthrough more than I have ever used on another game. Overall, this is a fun game, and I would recommend this game to all who are willing to store up a little patience.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Aug 26, 11 12:04 PM
Actually, I found this was the first VV where I didn't need a walkthrough at all. The crab thing I found out by trying a child on it to see if it worked like a collectible; obviously once it said it was 'distracted' I got a clue. The butterflies took me a couple of tries till I cottoned you need to move the sticky person slowly. But the puzzles make much more sense and I like the idea that you have to work a bit more making cloth, soap, cutting tools. I just get a bit frustrated with the infrequency of collectibles. If I have few or no children, they show up in bucketloads, but if I have a lot of kids I get a collectible about once every hour. And making the ghosts trophy dependent on completing the mausoleum collection is also frustrating, because of that same infrequency. Other than that it's great; I had no trouble getting scholars, solving the puzzles, or breeding (I have had a woman of 72 with a baby).

Edited on 08/26/2011 at 12:05:04 PM PST

[Post New]by nydiamunoz on Nov 13, 11 6:52 PM
spoiler alert: ;How did you get the moss puzzle completed

[Post New]by awsomestgirlever on Dec 23, 11 2:03 PM
THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by LinShae on Jan 28, 12 1:51 PM
I am Playing ,going well . What is the Purple hummingbird all about? Having great fun!!!

meelybobs
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by meelybobs on Apr 20, 12 9:33 AM
I love this game! I also like the idea of the tree. I have never completed it though as i got a new computer and need to download it still!

[Post New]by hardice72 on Nov 24, 12 1:52 PM
I like the vv games what I didn't like was with the first one you complete it and are able to enter the cave but you cant go too another part of the island to start a level 2 and then complete that one too go on to another part of the island as a level 3 and so on.

More please!

[Post New]by Kittykatkaz on Oct 18, 13 9:06 PM
Please make another Virtual Villagers. They are my all time fave games!

[Post New]by jaffa5 on Aug 12, 14 7:46 AM
I love these games, unfortunately only the first 3 are available on mac I hope they change that soon...

Go to: