68 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Apr 17, 11 3:29 AM
Christian989 wrote:
gailsgame wrote:
geezing wrote:

alinarouge wrote
Sorry my English.

I'm trying to solve Puzzle Nr. 10 - Mossy Rocks.
As soon as I see a red crab I click on my space bar - as suggested.
I can drop 2 children on the crab and also drag an adult on the crab BUT.... on that moment.... the game blocks and appear a small window on which is Written:
"Error access........."
The game closes itlsef and I can't play anymore!!!!!

Somenthing's wrong.
Very bad.

Any help?

Thanks a lot.

Ciao Alina

This has also happened TWICE to my game.
I recently updated my graphics driver while playing Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer. I do not think it is the driver.

I also would like help, please.

Read over at the other forum it is a common error, and there's no fix yet. So you'll have to not pause the game with the crabs.

I was just going to ask about this. Thanks!

Aloha ~ I am having this same problem!

SPOILER:

although it worked twice and I was able to catch two crabs and my adult took them (one at a time) to the mossy rocks to clear them, which they did. But when I went back for the third time, I put the two kids to distract the crab, but when I put the adult on it to catch, the game crashes! This just happened 5 x, and each time I went back in, the game had paused itself and I lost all progress, including the two mossy stones that were already uncovered! The crabs are just too fast to do this without using the pause button.

Any suggestions, or fixes? I'm pulling my hair out here, lol! Cheers ~

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 3:30:16 AM PST

sallybug2
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sallybug2 on Jun 22, 11 10:57 AM
why do u have to keep clearing stream over and over?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 23, 11 2:56 AM
It may seem annoying, but it's actually a good thing, as you will have an indefinite source of building work to do, so you will still be able to train up master builders when you've completed all the building projects!

[Post New]by sandyturley1954 on Jul 10, 11 7:05 AM
Actually I am not having any issues, and I hope not to. I truly love these Virtual villagers also. I have bought them all.
But, I don't have a clue on how to:
What do the flutes do, and is there something I need to do for them to work?
The rock pile, what do I need to do to that to solve?
Fishing, I have tried dropping all of my villagers into the water to fish, but all they do is swim,
There is a crater, does that have a function?
Lastly, the Tree of Life, what do I do, to keep it from dieing?
If you can help with any of these, i would greatly appreciate it.
Sandy

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Aug 28, 11 1:10 PM
@sandy; the flutes make a pretty noise and play by themselves, which gives you a trophy (they seem to do it when the mist rolls in), and when you have them all you get a max population boost. The rock pile I think needs construction level 2 and an adept builder. For fishing, you need to have the clothing hut and cloth making (for which you need the pulpy vine on the wall below the tree, and salt water, and you have to spread the pulp and set villagers to mashing it). They will stash the cloth by the hut. I think it takes about 6 bolts to make the nets. And I think it's a master builder you need to drop on to the landing stages when the cloth is available, and they'll mend the nets. Personally I'm stuck waiting for the last mausoleum piece and the last fishscale, which never seem to show up at all.

[Post New]by Rumygrlz on Nov 19, 11 1:45 PM
ayla100 wrote:I'm Depressed! I can not seem to get any Scholars. I can start a female at 18 having children and she is still having them at 70! That alone is amazing, but she has still not become a Master. The same male can father 30 children and work at the nursery - still not a master. The scale only goes so far and no further. Am I doing something wrong? HELP HELP Thanks

you have to get them to tell stories and teach as well..I've done it many times.with the men just keep putting them on some older women insted of letting them make it to the hut.

gtagta
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by gtagta on Dec 10, 11 12:52 PM
am also freezing during mossy rocks.

I tried 1x every other day and won after 4-6 days.

Does BFG give credits/ coupons for freezes?

gtagta
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

bath

[Post New]by gtagta on Dec 11, 11 9:30 PM
Please, during #15, I have to clean peep 3x plus.

Normal?

thx!

Edited on 06/20/2012 at 12:16:18 PM PST

[Post New]by awsomestgirlever on Dec 23, 11 10:06 AM
every time i pause the game my villagers are working and when i get back from doing somthing their by my clothes hut or at the food bin even when the farmers are at the tree or the pier

Edited on 12/23/2011 at 10:16:50 AM PST

[Post New]by Jenni2006 on Feb 20, 12 4:50 PM
I purchased the game recently and installed it. When I went to open the file to play, I got the error message : Could not open display. Error Code = 0xc8660160. I uninstalled the game and re-installed it but I still get the same message. Any suggestions?

hmh36
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by hmh36 on May 24, 12 2:40 PM
I keep putting an adept researcher and adept builder on the rock to move it to the hole in the falls and it keeps saying that it's to heavy. HELP

[Post New]by Action26 on Oct 19, 12 9:19 PM
Every time i try to open the game it opens for like 3 seconds then closes. It always used to work but one day i hadnt played it for ages but i'd nearly finished the whole game and it deleted all my profiles and i had to start again but it hasnt opened properly since then
Anyone know what to do?

[Post New]by Action26 on Oct 19, 12 9:49 PM
hmh36 wrote:I keep putting an adept researcher and adept builder on the rock to move it to the hole in the falls and it keeps saying that it's to heavy. HELP

you need one villager that is adept in both research and building

[Post New]by Twistedtea46 on Oct 26, 12 9:45 PM
The issue I seem to be having is with Women that are nursing. One is 36 and the other is in her 50s. The nursing time keeps fluctuating between 160 minutes to 60 minutes. Obviously they arent doing any work or anything out of the usual besides showing the baby things. Any idea what is causing this?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 29, 12 3:27 PM
Twistedtea46 wrote:The issue I seem to be having is with Women that are nursing. One is 36 and the other is in her 50s. The nursing time keeps fluctuating between 160 minutes to 60 minutes. Obviously they arent doing any work or anything out of the usual besides showing the baby things. Any idea what is causing this?
Are you changing the game speed at all?

[Post New]by Twistedtea46 on Oct 29, 12 5:17 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
Twistedtea46 wrote:The issue I seem to be having is with Women that are nursing. One is 36 and the other is in her 50s. The nursing time keeps fluctuating between 160 minutes to 60 minutes. Obviously they arent doing any work or anything out of the usual besides showing the baby things. Any idea what is causing this?

Only when I exit the game. Sometimes I set the speed to slow and sometimes I pause the game totally until I play again

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 30, 12 9:07 PM
Twistedtea46 wrote:
SeverineSnape wrote:

Only when I exit the game. Sometimes I set the speed to slow and sometimes I pause the game totally until I play again
The only thing I can think of that affects the nursing time is the game speed - it's longer when it's set to slow. If that's not it, I don't know, sorry

[Post New]by Twistedtea46 on Oct 31, 12 6:19 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:
Twistedtea46 wrote:
SeverineSnape wrote:

The only thing I can think of that affects the nursing time is the game speed - it's longer when it's set to slow. If that's not it, I don't know, sorry

I'll try setting it to fast or normal speed and see if that helps. Thanks for the help

[Post New]by kamartin on Feb 4, 13 6:31 AM
Even though my game is set at full screen, the image is centered in the middle of my monitor with 1-2 inches of black on each side. I haven't played in a while & when I started the game again, it showed up this way. I have tried changing the screen resolution on my monitor but that doesn't change it. I have also tried switching to windowed & back, but that does not change anything.

Please give me any recommendations to get game to actually fill the screen.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 28, 13 3:34 AM
Hi kamartin,

I'm sorry to hear that you can't get the game Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life to play in full screen. This, usually has to do with the graphic components.

To remedy this, I would suggest having a look at the following help articles which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game and make sure you have the most current versions of Adobe Flash and Shockwave.:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue persist though, you can contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, one of our Reps will be happy to help you.

Good luck.

bfgTokoro

Go to: