Raiding followers

Magic_Frog
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

Re:Raiding followers

[Post New]by Magic_Frog on Jun 18, 17 1:25 PM
Lambina wrote:I am all for any type of improvement to stop the bleeding whether it be a block or a purchase limit, yesterday the same 2 people pounded me all day long and I am so tired of it.

I´m sorry, I really do wish there was something that could be done right away.

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 18, 17 1:32 PM
For the moment I have got rid of mine, having a few available coins, (quite mean with buying stuff), I just kept buying them out, it was a real pain, but they got the message in the end.

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by melodydame on Jun 18, 17 4:10 PM
It is very disheartening to fill a market and know beforehand who is likely to buy it all. I am fed up with it also Lambina and michsheps. It seems you get rid of one raider only to be burdened with another. Today I played mainly for points to get to next level, not at all as I like to play.

Apologies to all my friends and followers (or rather most of my followers)- Angel level 119

Edited on 06/18/2017 at 6:18:01 PM PST

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by melodydame on Jun 18, 17 6:15 PM
I would love to be able to put up a banner in the market "Closed due to certain raiders"

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
692 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jun 18, 17 6:51 PM
I think not filling it sends the same message, lol.

centabo
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by centabo on Jun 18, 17 7:29 PM
Maybe there should be a banner or sign that comes up above the baskets saying something like "Welcome. Market open for you and your neighbours" or "Remember your fellow islander may need to shop here too!" You get the idea. Something like this might very well give the raider reason to think twice before emptying a market single handedly. I'm sure many of you could come up with a catchy phrase that would get the message across and can be suggest to the devs. Just a thought.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,173 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 19, 17 12:35 AM
I know I always say anyone is welcome to buy whatever my small market offers, but especially during these Weekend Events, I struggle to keep some decent items in the Marketplace for people who really need them to complete requests or load balloons. I don't have an immense amount of storage (managed to get to 620 about a week ago) and it is a delicate balancing act to stock the Market and send some balloons while filling a few requests for my own game.

Now, on to the matter at hand: one of the players I was following, Dark Sorcerer, had become troublesome in recent weeks. I admit I snapped this weekend. I had just put up a really nice assortment and within seconds he/she bought the entire lot! I zipped over to his/her Market, bought every single item and, since I had been one of his followers, removed him from my list!

If anyone knows who Edit is, watch out for him/her. JABI is another one to beware.

I apologize for losing my temper and retaliating against Dark Sorcerer and for venting here. I usually am not quite so volatile.

P.S. I wonder if it would be helpful to start of list of players who have become problematic so others would know to avoid becoming their followers?

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 19, 17 2:35 AM
Don't know if I would of named them in full!, but understand how frustrating this can be. I did exactly what you did, it took me 3 times, but they got the message and I have been left alone for a while and was able to put out 2 1/2 decent markets, which were bought by lots of different players

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by melodydame on Jun 19, 17 6:28 AM
Lambina wrote:I think not filling it sends the same message, lol.

Sometimes it might but if you genuinely can't make the game for some reason then friends and followers wouldn't know.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
692 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jun 19, 17 8:13 AM
thistle809
Most of us know who the biggest offenders are and while I would love to help you name a few more of them the mods will probably jump in here and give us a warning shot for calling attention to certain people, so in other words the raiders can play however they want to play and the rest of us have to put up with being bullied, isn't that just special!

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 19, 17 8:30 AM
Exactly what I was thinking, I am making a list of all those I know about, I visit all of you that I can, and its not difficult to see who have been wiped out and who is responsible.
It is UNFAIR, AND RUINS THE GAME PLAY, so please stop doing it or play another game.

(feel so much better now!)

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
692 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jun 19, 17 8:57 AM
LOL

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,170 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 19, 17 9:48 AM
All together now -

"I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!"

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,073 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jun 19, 17 11:36 AM
Most of the worst offenders are all buying at the same time so they can have well stocked markets when the US Pacific Coast players first become very active (7 am, noon, 5 pm PT). A friend calls it the feeding frenzy after the way sharks react. I avoid filling my markets at those times so I don't become fresh kill. There is another frenzy that corresponds to UK comparable times but it is not nearly as cutthroat.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
692 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jun 19, 17 12:15 PM
The British have better manners than us Americans and really good TV shows, lol

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,170 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 19, 17 2:17 PM
I would also hazard a guess that the West Coast US is worse than the East Coast (says a New Englander)

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 19, 17 2:40 PM
Lambina wrote:The British have better manners than us Americans and really good TV shows, lol

TV show maybe, unsure about the manners, I do apologise fellow Brits

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
692 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jun 19, 17 3:10 PM
On the west coast we are just a bunch of liberal hippies, but I heard those east coast people are kind of uptight.

bfgIlinalta
2,949 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 19, 17 5:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your time and for discussing how markets are utilized while playing Sunken Secrets. The first thing I want to note is that the Forum Moderation Team continues to pass along threads such as this one to the right teams, so that they are aware of what our players are experiencing when trying to play as well as what frustrations are occurring while playing. I am certain that those teams will consider this feedback while working on future updates for the game.Thank you all for being so helpful in letting us know what you like and don't like about our games.

While the Forum Moderation Team understands the frustration that may occur when different styles of play seem to be in conflict, we do request that players remain respectful of one another in accordance with our Forum Rules. We want all of our players to know that these forums are a comfortable and welcome place to discuss their game play choices with other players, and following those rules can help ensure that while discussing the game and suggestions for making it even better.

It sounds like all of our players prefer their own personal ways of using the market, and that players may have multiple, complex reasons for visiting markets ranging from personally set goals to even helping their own followers out with specific items. My hope is that we can discuss these differences and suggestions about the game without needing to provide any sort of judgment or disrespect towards players, as it's clear that some players use the market to help their own followers with their purchases, which sounds like one of the common goals among players.

Thank you for your time and understanding. I've ensured that this particular thread's details are being provided to the right teams for their use when planning the future of the game, and when updates are provided, a moderator will be sure to create an announcement for our players in the forums. Please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators should there be more questions or concerns. We are more than happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Magic_Frog
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Magic_Frog on Jun 19, 17 9:09 PM
Lambina wrote:The British have better manners than us Americans and really good TV shows, lol

Oh, I have a looong list of brittish tv shows I just love.

Go to: