meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 17, 10 4:17 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the DDW series until I became a beta tester for first Vegas and then this one and now I'm hooked. I think the graphics are clean and crisp. The music is appropriate. The dialog is simple but interesting. The game play is varied not just a straight HOG. And the games have a nice length - long enough to be fully enjoyable but not so long that you feel like you'll never get to the end. This is definitely a buy for me.

[Post New]by SmallMitsukurina on May 21, 10 12:08 AM
This is the first time I've played in dream day wedding.. not interesting at all game without storyline, boring hidden object, very simple mini-games.. I really don't understand why it was in the top of BFG, sorry..

[Post New]by FishGrandMa on May 21, 10 1:05 AM
This game is very easy...

LilyCathy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCathy on May 21, 10 1:49 AM
nice romantic game, it's beet a long time since i seen something like that.

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on May 22, 10 12:06 PM
HELP!! I loved this game until I got to the Crisis in the Villa Garden.
The blog walkthrough says there's a rose at the left edge of the screen by the step which is hard to see. It's so hard to see that I swear it's not there, and now I can't go any further. Can anyone help, please.

xxbeth
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by xxbeth on May 22, 10 9:34 PM
I am just so annoyed by the Find the Differences puzzle in the seasoned traveler. I don't like these puzzles to begin with and not to be able to skip it, not having hints and the random changes combine to make this truly frustrating.

If a puzzle is not going to allow a skip then it should have hints. I've done this about 20 times already and keep ending up with one difference not found before running out of time.

POORLY DESIGNED! I wonder if a refund should be granted if someone can't finish a game due to poor design. It would certainly keep the designers honest!

I didn't have any problem with the engraving. It's just a question of sticking to the letters and not keeping the power on when moving between the letters and the rings.

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 9:36:59 PM PST

[Post New]by rangiorabelle on May 29, 10 3:57 AM
This would be the most frustrating game I have played!! The graphics are delightful but some of the objects are so obscure I just cant beleive it. So many times I have run out of time with just one object to find and i am back at square one , which gets a bit boring after a while. The story line is good and I certainly think it is value for money but oh so frustrating, I feel like throwing my laptop across the room when I have to start back again. .I still havent got to the wedding yet, My little puppy starts wiggling her ears ,when the air gets a bit blue. And my partner thinks I am quite mad when i start talking to myself. So I am going to bed in disgust. Rangiora belle.

[Post New]by LeowomanJen on May 31, 10 10:29 PM
I have really enjoyed all of the DDW games, but I have to agree with those who complain that some of the objects are very hard to see. It was quite frustrating on several levels that I was literally straining to find the hidden objects. I do realize that's the point, but I already have a large monitor! Squinting isn't very fun!
All that being said, I will probably buy any more DDW that come out! They are pretty and fun games!

Edited on 05/31/2010 at 10:29:54 PM PST

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Jun 3, 10 5:27 AM
I mostly enjoyed the game, but found some of the objects very small and hard to find. If you have good eyes and a sense of romance, this game is good for you. Unfortunately, after a while I got tired of it due to the difficulty I had finding some of the objects. The hint system is pretty good and I had to make good use of it several times. The mini games are fun as well, sometimes instructions not the best, but I managed to figure them all out. All in all, not a bad game.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jun 3, 10 12:36 PM
One can summarise the game in four short words: "Nice, but not great."

The only other game I played in the series was the Las Vegas one, so I don't know about the early ones in the series. Graphics are nice, as others stated and some objects are tiny - even on my 23'' widescreen. Wouldn't want to look for such objects on my old 17'' inch screen.

Music is nice, but I heard La Donna e mobile a bit too often. More variety would have been nice.

Other things that would have been nice:
- More interaction with the couple.
- Opening presents like in Vegas, instead of a huge list of objects.
- A bit more variety on scenes, some of them I had to play too often.
- And yes, as a bearer of the XY I'm not really the target group, but please spare me the differences between the various footwear that women like to buy for hours on end. I love to wear my Reeboks and sandals, and don't give a damn about pumps, boots, split toes and so on. Same for various handbags. Also, not just once, but twice!
- Is it just me but did every Italian tradition in this game go down the drains in wedding crises, and I had to replace stuff with modern things?

As I said above, nice, but not great. If you are into the series, definitely have a look.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 3, 10 12:41 PM
Absolutely loved the game - but you are right laflamme - when it came to the shoes I didn't have a clue. Birkenstocks for me.

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Jun 3, 10 7:18 PM
That's it for me on this entire series. I enjoyed the demo and didn't mind the very tiny HOGs. BUT - sometimes they are not even there. I've re-started several times and never get very far. Hint shows sieve in the pantry to be in the refrigerator. Further along a hint claims a rose (in a rainstorm) to be by the stone walk. Both times NOTHING. The walkthrough is of no help. So I've purchased a game I cannot play. Will not make this mistake again.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 11, 10 8:30 PM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

Pros: Except for one scene in a park, the graphics are bright and clear. The HOG scenes are simple busy scenes, not junkpiles, and most of the items are found in areas you would expect to find the objects in were the scene real. The music was soothing and relaxing. The timer was optional. There was no penalty (not in the untimed mode, anyway) for too many random clicks in a row.

Cons: Many of the items were either too small to find or almost completely obscured by another object. The hints were not unlimited which means you run the risk of running out of them and getting stuck.

Overall Impression: This was a beautiful, straightforward HOG game with a few simple minipuzzles thrown in. Personally I prefer iHOGs; but if you like straight HOGs, romance, and weddings (or any combination of the three), you'll probably enjoy it. GIve it a try. What do you have to lose?

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jun 23, 10 9:17 PM
Wow! First, let me say I'm really not even a fan of HOGs but have been addictively playing this one for the last 4.5 hours and although I have done a zillion scenes, puzzles, etc I have STILL not finished what looks to be only 1 of 3 couple's weddings or unlocked the super bonus level (timer with 100's of objects per list apparently!). Also, want to say the developers must have knocked themselves OUT trying to come up with unique, cute, fun but still within the theme things to do for the mini games and they have succeeded - home run! Every 3 of 4 scenes that you clear you do a mini game, but these are actually a lot of fun! I must have done 30 tonight and only bypassed one - 1 single pipe puzzle that snuck in. The rest have all been original and fun. The gameplay has been pretty fun also.

You have a choice of untimed or timer (or super timer if you unlock that). I'm playing on timer (you have plenty of time) to look. The screens are brightly lit, beautiful and the objects are not impossible to find. There are some levels that have unique things such as becoming trapped in some way, having objects inside other pieces, or things for you to do - like clean up a room (you find the things involved to do it) or finding dictionaries to translate your list to English. The scenery is beautiful, one level you play in an Italian museum and you are searching within a beautiful Italian painting. I've really been having a ball playing and still not even finished, 4.5 hours later (and this is non-stop playing). I am looking forward to unlocking the super timer/lists and playing those. Maybe by this weekend. 5 out of 5 stars for this one.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 25, 10 4:29 PM
I had this game on maybe list....

I have now TRASHED IT, for its so BORING after all the other HOGS & IHOGS that are out there now.

I loved the 1st 2 games.

Happy Gaming

PEN

[Post New]by bigfishdom2010 on Jul 26, 10 10:20 AM
Hey YOU FISHERERERSSS

Does anyone know the music that is playing in the background of Bella Italia. Credits only show Cara Ely and Co. but not the title or name of music

Neeeeeeed Feeeeeeback

Thank you.

ilikegame
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ilikegame on Aug 28, 10 6:46 PM
I bought all Dream Day series, including wedding, honeymoon, and first home.

I really enjoy in playing the games again and again. very relax and romantic.

Looking forward to having more games like these.

Thanks for the good job!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Dec 13, 10 5:16 PM
I have all of these games. I agree with what others said regarding the small items, some were near impossible to find. The only whinge I have is that the 'bonus' game at the end where you play as a seasoned traveller, did not show anything new. I was disappointed with that.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 4, 11 4:03 AM
I found this enjoyable as usual. I love all the Dream Day stuff. I maybe took this game a little far by making a list of all the Italian words with their English counterparts, put them in a Word document and pull it out whenever I play to add to the list. I learned my Italian that way. Good way to learn a language as far as I'm concerned.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Feb 12, 11 12:19 PM
The Dream Day games are beautifully developed. I can understand why so many of us buy them. I'm enjoying the happiness and joy exhibited in the various scenes! It's a refreshing and relaxing change from the dark, mysterious games that I also enjoy playing. This wedding took place in Italy and there were some unique differences in the traditions, foods, rituals, and cultures as compared to the USA. This added depth and interest to the story line. The game was very interactive and it felt like I was making some real choices for the bride and groom in terms of food, clothing, decorations, etc. It was fun!

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 12:24:26 PM PST

Go to: