Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

Re:Rose's garden build for 4th of July party

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Jul 1, 17 10:54 AM
I boiled some taters and made a cauldron or three of potato salad. Nothing I like better than ribs, potato salad, and baked beans. Lightning and Thunder are bringing in the cauldrons of beans and potato salad as I type. I also have a mature grape vine for Auntie Boil. She can use the dragons to mash the grapes and make wine for all of you who drink wine.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jul 1, 17 2:53 PM
Abbie, a bunkhouse sounds like a great idea! Of course you can borrow the dragons!

Bolt found some more wood and he and I are on the putting the finishing touches on the roof. Hey! Who took off with the ladder! How am I supposed to get down! I seem to get stuck in high places lately. What's that? Oh, bolt is going to lift me down. I would have been really upset if I missed out on the ribs!

Both pools are now full. I am spending the rest of the day floating around the small pool, keeping close to the bar for refills.

I can hear some of the dragons splashing around on the other side of the yard. Maybe later on when they crash for the night, we can try out the slide.

Bertha just arrived with a bunch of tiki torches. She is placing them around both pools and along the meandering stream. Can't wait till its dark to light them!

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jul 2, 17 1:47 AM
Bunkhouse finished Roses, thank you. We are all here now and the dragons have clubbed together and bought you some floating drinks holders for the pool and a giant canopy for the small pool area in case it gets too hot. They'll put it up for you now if you'll tell them where you want it.

We also brought along some fresh eggs ready for brekkie.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jul 2, 17 2:28 AM
Well I have had a lovely time looking for purple flowers I visited lots of garden centres and I found
Dahlias
Clematis
Violets
Salvia
Pansys
And I brought lots and lots and lots oops maybe I overdid things just a bit
Bring in the vans 1at a time please there are only 3
Oh nobody here great I'll start planting torchie start digging holes and I'll put the plants in that's it great well done wow that's the first van empty and on its way let's get them watered in and start on the next if we can get the clematis in next maybe we can train some up the gazebo ok off we go phew it's hard work this van 2 is on it's way I think we deserve a rest now we will do the other van later go play torchie

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jul 2, 17 3:08 AM
Want a hand Kara? My, these are gorgeous flowers, I think Roses will really be pleased. Oh, here comes Auntie Boil, wonder what she's got to say?

Wait a minute, she's smiling and sniffing the blooms, clapping her hands and now doing a fly past on her broomstick. Wow one happy lady!! Well done Roses, you knew exactly what to do.

Oh, she's now on one of the floating chairs with a drink in hand.

Think you have a permanent lodger Roses.

Anyway let's on Hagrida and help Kara and Torchie plant the rest of these plants.( went mad again in the garden centre again --- Karas weakness )

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jul 2, 17 7:27 AM
My goodness Kara! Look at all the purple flowers! They will go great with the red and pink roses. Good job!

Maybe we should make sure every manor has some purple flowers. You never know where Auntie Boil will show up.

The dragons are busy with the canopy. That went up really fast! Those drink holders will get a lot of use. Good thinking Abbie

Just how many dragons are staying with you? Certainly would be nice to have some new neighbors. There are sooo many dragons looking to be adopted.

The roses need to be planted around the gazebo. Some of the shade trees should line the lazy river. Lets put the lilacs all around the property line.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jul 2, 17 7:41 AM
At last count I have Hagrida ( mine):- Feu ( Theo's) :- Dozer (PurpleMartini 's) :- Draghi( Eli's) :- and Skybolt (IMAHUGGER 's)

They heard all the laughter on Karas and mine and Hagrida brought them over.

They are good fun to have around, but I know they wii have to go home at some point,

In the meantime let's get the last of the planting done and then we can all have a grand party tonight

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jul 2, 17 7:58 AM
It seems the dragons owners do not even know their pets are missing. They should check in and say hi!

Pizzas just arrived for lunch. Also a large tossed salad.

Edited on 07/02/2017 at 7:59:45 AM PST

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jul 2, 17 8:13 AM
Oh great, pizza --- love that with loads of mozzarella and a green salad. Where's the cold beer?

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jul 2, 17 9:36 AM
There are cauldrons full of beer and wine in the bar.

I think I need a lime tree by the bar...for margaritas. Making a batch for tonight's party.

More pigs are roasting so there will be plenty of pulled pork and ribs for tonight.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jul 2, 17 10:01 AM
I think we planted a lime tree in Karas orchard, perhaps she could pick a few for tonight until you can plant your own.

A nice bar, a swim in the pool, excellent food and happy dragons sliding into the big pool, what more could we want? Maybe a few coconut cookies and of course those delicious muffins of Buddy's. nudge nudge wink wink.

A pity more people didn't join in the building work but maybe they'll turn up for 4 July celebrations.

Even if they don't we'll still have fun. I'm afraid my foster pets won't want to go home, they've had so much enjoyment .As you said there are so many dragons waiting to find new homes, but this is not quite how I envisaged increasing my family.

How about some more roast potatoes? Or maybe baked in their jackets?

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jul 2, 17 10:45 AM
Il here with the limes least I could do thank you Abbie for finishing off the planting
I did save one or two purple flowers on my manor I'll sort and plant them can't let auntie boil get upset at me and I'm sure there will be plenty left over if anyone needs any
Erm I did go a little bit mad at the garden centre lol you know me so well Abbie

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jul 2, 17 11:23 AM
Kara, you really have a green thumb. Thanks for bringing the limes. I made some sweet potato fries and some spuds are baking over the fire.

Dig in. I'm stretched out on a lounge chair with a big plate of food and a margarita with a twist of lime in my cup holder. Life can't be any better than this.

Auntie Boil seems happy. She ate, went for a swim (she really needed a bath), and is now sound asleep on the Ferris wheel.

Edited on 07/02/2017 at 11:24:58 AM PST

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Jul 2, 17 12:02 PM
Looks like all the planting has finished. I need some of the flowers to go into the divots I created on the golf course. I have a truck load of beer on the way. There is a Bud plant 20 miles down the road from my house. lightning and Thunder were kind enough to load the ghost truck with the cases of beer. I guess it is time to join everyone floating around the lazy river being trailed by a six pack.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jul 2, 17 12:21 PM
Food and drink that's me sorted I'm going to help myself then take a leaf out of Roses book and pull up a sun longer cheers everybody this is the life
Kara

Edited on 07/02/2017 at 12:22:53 PM PST

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jul 2, 17 11:32 PM
Hi Buddy, perhaps we should have made a small golf course on your manor .
The beer is extremely welcome and there is a lounger here with your name on it. Grab some food, a floating drinks holder and join us in the pool.

Uh oh Auntie Boil has woken up. Nooooooooo !!!!!!! Auntie Boil don't do that ! Too late --- she's jumped into the pool and soaked us all. Stop laughing Auntie
What do you mean that was fun . What's that, this is the first time any of the manor owners have let you join in, and made you feel welcome. Well you can thank Roses for that, but we'll all welcome you on our manors.
Now grab yourself a drink, some food and relax.

What a life, I could get used to this.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jul 3, 17 7:06 AM
I seem to be having some internet problems too.

Nothing to do today unless Kara and Abbie would like to add anything to their yards.

The dragons are having a diving competition over at Buddys. I sent Auntie Boil over there to judge the competition. Hopefully that will keep everyone out of trouble for the day.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jul 3, 17 8:35 AM
While the dragons are busy elsewhere, we can relax and play in the big pool and try out the slide.

Wheee! Splash! This is fun! I feel like a kid again!

The Ferris wheel is also free from dragons for a while. I think I'll grab a beer and some popcorn and go for a ride.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Jul 3, 17 11:43 PM
Happy 4th of July!
Happy birthday America

Party time

Fried chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, and a fully stocked bar! Lots of fireworks and sparklers to light up as soon as it gets dark

Hope Buddy will be back in time!

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jul 4, 17 3:37 AM
Happy 4th July to all my neighbours who celebrate the date.

Food sounds good, plenty of drink, what more could we need. I brought my " lodgers" with me and they have all brought something. Feu has brought Swiss fondue, Hagrida has brought English steak and ale pie, and all the others have got ribs, burgers etc.

Hope some more people arrive or we are going to be totally blathered, pi...d, or whatever you want to call it.

However , I'm for a dip now and then a relax on a floating chair.

Go to: