Re:Post any Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dbnp264 on Apr 25, 10 3:59 PM
Similar problem. I restarted after being stuck in autosave, now permanently stuck on "loading" page. I think I was also in chapter 5.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Post any Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl technical issues here only

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 25, 10 5:19 PM
This game definitely has problems with the SAVE function, especially in the later chapters. I had to play the game six different times as different players to finally get all the way to the end.

In two of the games I saved and exited the game myself and it froze up during the save process. When I went back the game loaded by would not let me progress. In one game I saved and exited after I found the 15 flowers but before I gave then to the janitor/owner. When I went back to the game I still had the 15 flowers in my inventory but the janitor would not take them. The game would not give me any more Objectives no matter where I went or what I did. On another game I saved and exited after I had done the Tangrams but before I collected the 10 dolls. When I went back to the game I was in the kitchen and the door to Lily’s room was open but it would not let me go in and collect the dolls. The game would not give me an Objective and would not let me proceed anywhere.

In the other 3 games the game auto save would start and then freeze. After waiting 10 to 15 minutes, I would have to Control Alt Delete to exit the game. Then when I went back to the game it would open to the main menu but when I pressed the Continue Button the game would not load.

Finally on the sixth time I was able to play all the way to the end and see the credits roll. That was way too much repetition and too much work to have to do to get to the end of the game. I think the game developers and Big Fish should be doing the quality control work on these games and let us customers enjoy playing.

The Save function certainly needs to be reworked and the game needs an update.

Edited on 04/25/2010 at 8:11:51 PM PST

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 26, 10 5:38 AM
Here I was singing the praises of this game on another post. Got stuck in an autosave, finally rebooted my system, then got stuck in a save and exit. Tried again, finally tried to play under a new name, and the game is now just acting weird.

Too bad. I was loving this game. I ruined my Sunday. I hope there is a fix soon.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Apr 26, 10 8:04 AM
I will never, never, never again buy a game from BF until I check the forums to find out how many others have experienced problems. I loved this game but around chapter 5 the game just would not load and I could not get out of the game until I Ctl,Alt,F4 the living hell out of my computer. Tried under another profile and the same deal. I am really burned about this because this is the third game in a week that has been messed up, Downloaded Mystery of the Crystal Portal 2 and the cursor acted like a drunk sailor. I could not control it ever. Then I downloaded Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator and got as far as putting in my player name. Then nothing. Now Little Noir! When will BF get some kind of quality control on these games. I Mean Really. Will be contacting tech support and also Cust. support for a replacement coupon on Little Noir.

[Post New]by bittykitty on Apr 26, 10 8:56 AM
I bought the game yesterday should have realized somehting was going on when it wouldn't activate on my computer. Tried it again this morning and the game activiated but now I get the start up screen and then I get a white curser with a black screen and nothing else. It really frustrated me so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it still did the same thing. I tried giving it time to load because I thought maybe it was takeing time to do that but after five to ten minutes of the same blank screen I just clicked it of down at the bottom of my computer. I really liked this game and would really like to finish it. Does anyone know if they are working on a patch or not?

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Apr 26, 10 9:23 AM
MsNona1126 wrote:Had to cut this one short. For some reason the the help screens would blink and not turn off. Went to the controls to try and reset but nothing. Still flashing at me. Tried to play around it but gave me a headache. I was really enjoying this game. To bad I couldn't finish the demo.

Same for me, whatever I did the help screen just kept on blinking, I was thinking I might buy this, but not now.

DeijaFIsh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by DeijaFIsh on Apr 26, 10 12:46 PM
Yes - same problem. Did the demo - bought it - now all I get is a total black blank screen and it doesn't matter what I do.

Will be asking for a refund. I liked the game too. This seems to be happening a lot lately..

Thanks,
Deijafish

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Apr 26, 10 1:39 PM
Dbnp264 wrote:Similar problem. I restarted after being stuck in autosave, now permanently stuck on "loading" page. I think I was also in chapter 5.

I am also having the same problem.

Is anyone from BF or the manufacturer going to address this issue or have we all just wasted our money?

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Apr 26, 10 2:06 PM
Same here. It was saving my progress after about 2 hours of playing, not sure of the level, but would NOT come out of the "saving" mode. It was doing fine up to this point in 'saving progress'. I have had to do control alt, and literally reboot to get the game to stop. I started it a second time, from the beginning and the same thing happened. I realize that BFG has a very strict policy about refunds, but if it is the games fault, then I think we should all be issued a free credit. A game shouldn't be put out there if it's not ready. I play a lot of games on BFG, and this is the only one I have had a technical problem with. I realize that $6.99 isn't much money, but it's the principal involved here to me. I guess we'll never know if the little girl is found, or even actually there. I am not happy!

Edited on 04/26/2010 at 2:08:16 PM PST

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Apr 26, 10 5:13 PM
I always do this Overthehil 60 & it doesn't always help as some games run on some systems & not others but gives you a good idea,for all of you guys with problem contact CS & they will send you coupon as they say there is no fix but still keeping my fingers crossed that there will be

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 26, 10 5:46 PM
I sent an email to BF customer service about the freezing when the game tries to SAVE.

Here is part of response from BF customer service:
Since the game's release we've seen that this has been an issue for a small number of customers and we're currently working to get to the bottom of why this is happening.
While the game was subject to lengthy and rigorous testing all through development, this is one issue that didn't appear on our testing machines.

I am surprised by this response based on the posts about this problem in the forum. There seems to be more that a small number of people posting in the forum with this problem. Oh well, maybe only a few people contacted BF about it. After reading the response from the BF customer service about the lengthy and rigorous testing, I can’t help but feel like I just had a large baloney (or bologna) sandwich for lunch.

alan51
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by alan51 on Apr 26, 10 5:57 PM
I have had the same issue twice now once in Novel mode and once in classic mode. I did contact customer support and got an automated type email they will contact in 24 hours Well there went the idea of playing my purchased game on my day off. I thought these games were tested before Big Fish released them.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 26, 10 9:25 PM
I heard back from CS, did the dxdiag thing, after two tries, found out there was an update for my video card...did the update, tried the game again after uninstalling and reinstalling for the fourth time and it did the exact same thing again...black screen with just my cursor after the opening page. Didn't even have an opportunity to change players. CS just said if after the video update it still didn't work they would give me a credit for the game. I would rather play the game...of course I am glad they care enough to give me a credit but I was enjoying the game. I am now playing Master WuHU and it will not go in my faves, lol, but it is working, so I went ahead and bought it, but only because I have finished everything else and I need to feed my hog addiction, Anyone know of any new hogs any where else? Since we can't talk in code anymore, just pm if you do.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Apr 27, 10 4:30 AM
Glad to see that so many of us are speaking out about the quality of the games we are being blessed with lately. I did contact Cust. Support and as usual they told me I needed to update my video card. Well I have already done that so I let them know that it's not my computer but the game itself. They then told me that they knew there was an issue with the game and they were working to fix it. I asked that my Live Chat message be sent to up the chain to whom ever was in charged of these problems and was told that this would be done. If you are able to Live Chat with Cust. Support, please do so. Emails will only generate the usual response. With three games last week and then the one on Monday it is clear that BF needs to be more diligent in there testing before they release a game. I am so sorry that so many of us have had problems with games lately. I loved Little Noir and really wanted to finish it. Hopefully we will see new games coming out that we can actually play very soon. As far as getting a game from another site, it's possible but I personally I haven't seen anything out there that I wanted to play.
Well, so much for this rant. I did get a replacement coupon on Little Noir and will be using that on another game I want. I suggest all of you BF customers who have purchased Little Noir contact Cust. Support and ask for a replacement coupon. BF has always been very generous about offering to replace a game that you are having trouble with.
I wish you all a very happy gaming day. overthehill

[Post New]by judav45 on Apr 27, 10 5:51 AM
Donick2 wrote:Just after free demo hour the game suddenly locks & just have blank screen
anyone else got this problem?

[Post New]by judav45 on Apr 27, 10 5:54 AM
i'm having the same tech issue. blank screen with cursor. its annoying isnt it. i;m still awaiting reply from bfg. i want to play the game, not replace it with something else. i've tried re-installing severall times, and it still wont play. anyone have any answers????????

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 27, 10 12:42 PM
Nope...they sent me a game credit. I still think it is the game itself that is the problem, and do hope that they are working on a fix...however, I am not holding my breath as they say it is a "small number" that are having issues with the game.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 27, 10 1:45 PM
I am going to wait until the weekend to see if they get a fix before asking for a credit. I want to finish this game. I am sad.

[Post New]by andiemiller on Apr 27, 10 6:22 PM
IM having the same problem and i have never had a problem with any other game i too would like to finish the game i was just about to the girl and whammo froze up hope i get a credit along with a fix

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on Apr 27, 10 7:26 PM
I can't believe Big Fish hasn't admitted that there's a problem with the game yet. If this many people are having the same problem with the autosave, do they really think that all of us are suddenly having the same computer problem at the same time just as a coincidence? This game is broken and needs fixing! Could somebody from BFG please address this thread?

Go to: